• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Popped my cherry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thom13

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2011
winnipeg
Well my 510 just showed up from evapours and I am now a vaper! It's not quite what I expected - but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a manual so I find that not being able to hold it between fingers like you normally would with an analog. I've a feeling this will take a bit of getting used to :(

The one thing i'm really struggling with is how much! I usually smoke about only a half pack or less a day and half a cigarette at a time, and I can't quite tell what the equivalent is. I have the tank on the end (tankomizer?) and "smoked" 2 in the first sitting. Don't want to overdo it or wind up ingesting more nicotine and increasing my addiction ;)

All in all I have a feeling this is what I need to finally beat the cancer sticks! :)

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
Congrats thom13!
FVxh8.gif

At the levels we're consuming, the nicotine is no more harmful than common caffeine consumption. So as far as how much juice you're going to vape in a given day...whatever you desire is what's best for you. Vape when you want...set it down when you're good. Newbies often struggle with trying to figure out some sort of "equivalency to what I smoked" thing - I know I did. But we quickly realize that this isn't needed.

As long as you're getting vaping satisfaction...don't worry, vape happy. Down the road, you may have questions about how to enhance and/or fine-tune your vaping experience to make it more enjoyable for you. But that's all part of the journey! As long as you're happy & well & enjoying your experience...that's all that matters.

Congrats again & best of luck! We're all in your corner.

Rachel
PeCrr.gif

rachelcoffe

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
Toronto
A question for anyone that reads this. How long does a 10ml bottle last you and how much did you smoke before?

It really depends on how much you vape, dear...as well as what you're vaping with. For example - the higher the voltage of your e-cig (and/or the lower the ohms of your atty or carto), the hotter the vapour will be...so hotter means it'll go through juice more quickly.

Like you, I started with the 510s. My first month as a vaper, I personally went through about 55 to 60mL of juice. Approximately 15mL a week. But this is only indicative of how much I personal vaped, at that time: I vape more than that nowadays. One person might go through 3mL a day...some people go through as much as 10mL a day. Others, 1mL. It's all about how much you choose to vape, and what you're vaping with.

But dear, I must say...if you have only 10mL of juice on hand at the moment, order more now. Trust me. Even if you're only a light vaper, 10mL is not gonna last long. And you don't ever wanna find yourself in a position where you wake up & there's only a few drops left. Vapers frequently stalk the mailman (we're personally stalking ours right now, waiting on juices) - but stalking the mailman while you have enough juice to tide you over is a very different & much-preferable thing....from sitting there waiting with nothing, going crazy lol.

:laugh: You see what I mean?

So yeah...order more fast. If I had to recommend a starting amount of juice or liquid for a newbie...I would say 60mL is a good starting point for your first month. By the end of that month, you'll have a good idea of whether that was too much, too little, or just right. But whatever you do...don't let your supply run too low.

Happy vaping & all the best!
FVxh8.gif

Rachel
PeCrr.gif

P.S. As to how much you smoked before...it really has almost no bearing on how much you're going to vape. Or on what nicotine level you're going to find ideal in juices. I would recommend for newbies to start out at 18mg nic strength...and see how that works for you. You may go lower or higher down the line, in your search for what is the most satisfying vape for you.

I have a couple of friends who vape at 6mg, lol...which is really low in my view. I would not find that satisfying. They tell me that my preferred 21mg juices would slay 'em. But in the same vein, there are folks who vape higher than I do...and theirs would slay me! I've learned that 21mg, for me, is very strong & satisfying as an all-day vape, and I won't feel blagh if I vape it all day. But I've also learned that a 24mg would leave me feeling queasy within an hour or two.

So you'll have to figure out your personal sweet spot in time. DIY-ing some juices (PG w/nic, plain VG, and concentrated flavouring with the aid of an e-juice calculator) can make this more affordable...'cause it lets you make small batches of juice at various strengths to see what you prefer. Or you can try premixed juices at various nic strengths - a lot of vendor offer sampler-paks. A little more expensive, but certainly nothing wrong with that route.

If you really want to know how much I smoked (though as far as I'm concerned, it was all a bad dream & I'm glad to be awake, lol)...you can see the smoke-free counter banner thingie at the bottom of my posts.

Last edited:

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
A question for anyone that reads this. How long does a 10ml bottle last you and how much did you smoke before?

10ml lasts me 3-5 days (eGo-T), at 24mg. Ml consumption hasn't changed since I started 4.5 months ago. I was a pack-a-day smoker for 17 years (half my life at my quitting point).

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Worry more about your health and less about money. :)

The body is good at self regulating when it comes to nicotine. If you feel like you've had enough, you have. Otherwise, don't stress about it too much. Just vape what you feel you need to. Switching from smokes deprives you of other addictive chemicals, so some withdrawals and cravings will still occur.

And if you feel so inclined, please try out other hardware. I would be shocked if the first thing you tried is what you like best! :p

torozzgrl

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2011
Ontario
www.stinkycanuck.com
36 hours so far . . . this is way way better than anything else I've tried. The nicorette inhaler was alright but I always missed the smoke. So far, this feels surprisingly easy :)

Isn't it though! I smoked for 35+ yrs and I've tried everything. Nothing worked....until this :D
I've only been at it a month and a few days but right now I can tell you I'm not going back to cigs. No chance.
Welcome to the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread