Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
Courtesy of Terry Allan, Cuyahoga County health commissioner:

cleveland.
com/metro/index.ssf/2014/11/e-cigarettes_promote_nicotine.html

"E-cigarettes promote nicotine to a new generation: Terry Allan, Cuyahoga County health commissioner | cleveland.com"

Selected highlights (or "lie-lights," if you prefer):

Advertising, online sales, and use of e-cigarettes in public places promotes nicotine to a new generation and renormalizes the presence of tobacco products in our society. We already know children are highly vulnerable to these deceptive marketing practices. Unfortunately, we are already seeing evidence that damage has been done.

...many manufacturers are marketing e-cigarettes to children, offering flavors like Cherry Crush and Grape Mint. The lure continues with celebrity endorsements during family programming hours on TV followed by product placement at local shopping malls.

While proponents say e-cigarettes are the best alternative to quitting, science doesn't support that claim.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
These "Public Health" idiots seem to "think" alike. They aren't scientists, few are physicians, and none of them can support their claims with science. On the witness stand, a competent lawyer would tear their hide off in bleeding strips and they would flee the courtroom in tears. However, that's not likely to happen because they probably wouldn't be allowed to testify.

Rule 702, Federal Rules of Evidence:
A witness who is qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education may testify in the form of an opinion or otherwise if:
(a) The expert’s scientific, technical, or other specialized knowledge will help the trier of fact to understand the evidence or to determine a fact in issue;
(b) The testimony is based on sufficient facts or data;
(c) The testimony is the product of reliable principles and methods; and
(d) The expert has reliably applied the principles and methods to the facts of the case.

See, also, Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, 509 U.S. 579 (1993).

EDIT: This rule was adopted because cases were being decided based on junk science. Practically anybody with a little apparent expertise in a given field was allowed to spout all kinds of opinions lacking a sound scientific basis. People went to prison and verdicts in civil cases were rendered on the basis of expert testimony that was later shown to be based on pure bias and conjecture.

Last edited:

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Here's another attempt to transform the well-used anti-smoking and anti-smoker discourse into an anti-nicotine agenda, where the dangers of smoking are deceitfully thrust upon all nicotine use, but conspicuously not upon the useless and otherwise highly similar BP NRT products. This is how the desk murderers justify their continued "quit or die" campaign, ignoring the mortal danger this creates for 44 million real American smokers under the pretense of protecting hypothetical youth who would start using ecigs and then take up a smoking habit, none of which has actually been found. :mad:

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
On the witness stand, a competent lawyer would tear their hide off in bleeding strips and they would flee the courtroom in tears.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.jpg

[10 characters]

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
It continues to fascinate me how no one tries to conflate nicotine with smoking except when they're talking about vapor products. It becomes more absurd when they try to use FDA policy as a justification, when the FDA's own position is that non-tobacco nicotine products have a vanishingly low potential for abuse/dependence and there's no cause for concern in any healthy individual using them on a long-term basis. I'm willing to bet none of these nico-nazis has ever walked up to a nicotine gum/patch/lozenge/inhaler user and said "You haven't really quit. You just found a different way to get your fix."

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Everyone be sure the send Mr. Allan an email letting him know just how stupid/poorly informed he really is:

tallan@ccbh.net

Anybody got a @twitter for this fool? Lambasting him publically would feel a lot better, and might even be more effective.

Andria

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
Nope but here's the County Boards twitter:

@CCBH_Net

I highly doubt my tweet will appear/not be deleted...lol

Bombard it anyway. Even if they all get deleted, the word will get to Mr. Allan that a lot of people take exception to public health officials brazenly lying about public health issues.

Joe Gordon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2014
Skokie, Illinois, United States
It's scary to see that so many people believe the nonsense & B.S. these Anti-everythinger's are saying. I Vape at work and even thou my work place has adopted a no e-cigarette policy or e-cigarette's are the same as Tobacco cigarette's policy because of most of our locations are in Chicago where it's law now, they have chosen to categorize e-cigarettes as the look-a-likes and not anything that doesn't as in most Mod's. So i can vape all day long. Woohoo!! but i digress, i have people come to me everyday saying you know thats worse for you than cigarettes or that still has nicotine in it and is just as bad for you. I try to give them facts and places to find the facts for themselves, but I get looked at like am a fanatic or said to me things like "No i saw it on the news so it true" or "this Famous or official person said it so it's true". I try to press on them to not believe me or anyone, for them to do the research for themselves, but i get blank stares a lot, it's like thinking for yourself has become taboo or something sigh makes me sad for the future, Idiocracy here we come .

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
It's scary to see that so many people believe the nonsense & B.S. these Anti-everythinger's are saying. I Vape at work and even thou my work place has adopted a no e-cigarette policy or e-cigarette's are the same as Tobacco cigarette's policy because of most of our locations are in Chicago where it's law now, they have chosen to categorize e-cigarettes as the look-a-likes and not anything that doesn't as in most Mod's. So i can vape all day long. Woohoo!! but i digress, i have people come to me everyday saying you know thats worse for you than cigarettes or that still has nicotine in it and is just as bad for you. I try to give them facts and places to find the facts for themselves, but I get looked at like am a fanatic or said to me things like "No i saw it on the news so it true" or "this Famous or official person said it so it's true". I try to press on them to not believe me or anyone, for them to do the research for themselves, but i get blank stares a lot, it's like thinking for yourself has become taboo or something sigh makes me sad for the future, Idiocracy here we come .

Work your way up in the company and fire all of 'em.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Well its definitely not as healthy as not inhaling drugs and flavors at all. Some health nuts will say that it is unhealthy. And they are probably not wrong, just that there are a lot of things that are also unhealthy that don't get so much attention. And its much less unhealthy than tobacco smoke.

It is very satisfying. I am not chucking clouds in anybody's face. I am happy with vaping as an alternative.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Thinking for oneself has never been popular in humankind... it's what got a lot of "heretics" burnt at the stake. Humans seem appallingly eager to accept truth from A Book, or someone who lived 2000 years ago, but think for themselves? 95% don't know how, so those who do, must be EVIL! Or at the very least, insane!

:facepalm:

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread