Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
What the difference in the voltage of a battery and the amps?
If you think of electricity as water in a pipe or hose, voltage is the pressure and amps is the flow-rate.

Here's a graphical representation:

ohms-law-illustrated.gif

• Agree
Reactions: dripster

Evesevere

Dec 5, 2017
They have not discontinued the cosmonaut RDA. They are a bit harder to find but you can find them and you can even buy a Squonk kit for them. I absolutely hate mine. I don’t like how low the air holes are. I would totally look at Mooches’ page. I learned a lot about the batteries I was using in some of my unregulated mods. I had to learn what my build was/ how many mahs/the voltage and the amps. I was using LG’s that were 25 amps and finally realized that on anything mechanical I should be using Sony VTC five A’s (18650s)- on 21700 I use efests and they do the trick -the shop I go to is insanely knowledgeable. I never really run anything over 100 W.
Now in my early days I have a few regulated mods that can go 350 W and have four batteries and then I have two of the whiz Ma now in my early days I have a few regulated mods that can go 350 W and have four batteries and then I have two of the Wismec gen x 3’s but I still never run anything over 100 W. If I ever use regulated the coils are more for flavor than clouds.. Crap I just realized I’m rambling anyways check out mooches website. Everybody on this forum seems to know their stuff and I’ve been told by many people and a few friends at my Vape shop to check out his forum. Sorry for rambling on- caffeine just hit

Evesevere

Dec 5, 2017
With 300W+ mods available on the market, I'd say it's a midrange mod.
But even comparing it to equally designed mods and concerning raw power, for example the Tesla Invader 2 or 2/3 easily stomp over it though. And that for a fraction of the price of a Hex.

If you want the best bang for your buck right now, get the Sony VTC5A. There are even better batteries from Samsung in the pipeline, but they aren't readily available yet.
I love Sony VTC5a’s.. i’m thinking of getting some Sony VTC sixes /I just don’t see them around very much so I don’t want to get some no brand re-wrap crap

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Yes, so you are still on the safe side because like I said, .3 is the lowest you can go on your mod to be on the safe side if using 20A batteries, and, as for the batteries you said you are using now, they are 20A batteries so that's that.
The biggest problem I see with your logic is they are rewraps so are they really 20a batteries no one knows

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
The biggest problem I see with your logic is they are rewraps so are they really 20a batteries no one knows
There have been no reports AFAIK that would indicate Imren have changed the battery under the wrap for the Imren purple 40A 2500mAh 18650. Major vendors that are on Mooch's list of trusted battery vendors are still listing this battery as being a true 20A battery so, to me, that means they're willing to bet their reputation on that, and, the OP already confirmed that his are not running too hot. Further, he also stated he was taking excellent care with the device (HexOhm 3.0) he was using them in by only using the device while sitting at home and while not changing anything so I think we can safely assume he knows how to avoid situations of accidental button presses and auto-firing gone unnoticed, and he already knows about the fact that batteries can potentially overheat.

Nevertheless, I recommended Samsung 20S batteries for the device he was using. He was only going to use the Imren as a temporary solution until his new batteries were going to arrive. He has since moved to the Lost Vape Paranormal 250C, and that he vapes at only 80 watts. I highly doubt that the fact he uses the boost (preheat) feature on that one is going to cause a problem in terms of overheating the batteries to dangerously high temperatures in this highly efficient (97%) DNA mod. So basically, for how he vapes, he could decide to get the VTC6 or 30Q and still be within the recommended limits for battery safety. But he also stated he likes big clouds so that's why others recommended the VTC5A to him, after which I explained in fair detail how the Samsung 20S at these typical high current levels outperforms the VTC5A. (That and the fact it's going to be safer than the VTC5A due to the CDR gap between these two batteries.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread