Practice makes perfect HOPEFULLY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Made my own coil and wick this morning... I gotta say that was TOUGH, not because it was actually hard to do but because I couldn't see!! My daughter had to hold her light from her phone over the reomizer so I could see it and that was with my reading glasses on. Yes I have old eyes! UGH!! So this is my coil from this AM. How'd I do and what should I do differently? Yes it vaped great at 1st but now not so much :( photo(3).jpg :oops::unsure: lol my nails look terrible and I have juice all over my hands... gross!!

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
I use a toothpick....

Wrap the coil around the toothpick. Leave it on the toothpick to put the legs of the wire in the holes on the post. Snug everything up and tighten the screws on posts (toothpick still in coil at this point). Remove the toothpick. Put the RM2 on your Reo and test fire. Roll cotton and thread through coil like a needle and thread (it should slide in pretty freely as it swells considerably when juiced). Juice it up and screw on the cap. Vape......

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Did you also fire it up ( without any wick unless it's silica, eckowool or other non burning wick) before you juice it to verify that all the coils get redhot?
If they're not all glowing then you're not going to get the full affect.

Don't worry, in no time at all you'll have it down pat!

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
no, I wrapped it around a screw driver Jan sent me and no, I didn't know I was supposed to dry burn it... ooops

I'm sure it looks better than my first attempt on an A7. I never got the hang of it with that darn atty!! Too harsh, too hot, too cool. I was like stinkin' Goldilocks trying to get it to vape "just right"!

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Made my own coil and wick this morning... I gotta say that was TOUGH, not because it was actually hard to do but because I couldn't see!! My daughter had to hold her light from her phone over the reomizer so I could see it and that was with my reading glasses on. Yes I have old eyes! UGH!! So this is my coil from this AM. How'd I do and what should I do differently? Yes it vaped great at 1st but now not so much :( View attachment 225298 :oops::unsure: lol my nails look terrible and I have juice all over my hands... gross!!
This is what I use for building coils: View attachment 225312 You can find them at hobby stores or amazon.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Made my own coil and wick this morning... I gotta say that was TOUGH, not because it was actually hard to do but because I couldn't see!! My daughter had to hold her light from her phone over the reomizer so I could see it and that was with my reading glasses on. Yes I have old eyes! UGH!! So this is my coil from this AM. How'd I do and what should I do differently? Yes it vaped great at 1st but now not so much :( View attachment 225298 :oops::unsure: lol my nails look terrible and I have juice all over my hands... gross!!

Sennie, curious here. What kind of juice are you vaping?

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I used to have some of those somewhere... it's actually the light I need, thinking of looking for a stand-up lighted magnifying glass.
This is what I use for building coils: View attachment 225312 You can find them at hobby stores or amazon.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
no, I wrapped it around a screw driver Jan sent me and no, I didn't know I was supposed to dry burn it... ooops

Let me make sure I understand..what do you mean by dryburn?I believe a dryburn means to fire the button with the coil/wick still attached, but NOT with cotton, thread, etc., that will catch on fire( been there, done that...it's a bit of a surprise!) dryburning is to get rid of the gunk on the coils, especially if you use heavy dark sweet juices.And dry burning also cleans up the non-flameable wicks.

edit: this is such a treat, i finally get to offer some help instead of being the asker!:laugh:

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
yep, I've been playing all night, We tried 28g beading wire with cotton string and that was a nogo. Not sure if it's because of the type of wire ( hubs doesn't take direction well) or what but I have a spool of that if anyone wants it for anything. I also tried 32g wire with cotton ball and I thought that was too cool. I did 30g 10 coils over cotton ball and that was also too cool. So far my favorite is 30g, 6 coils with a cotton ball wick. And yes I believe I did a much better job of getting it right over the juice hole, in fact it's sitting right on the juice hole... lol
1 of my daughter's friends came over and wanted to know wth I was doing so I had to explain the whole RBA, coils and cotton. I think he wondered if it was something else. lol
Sennie,

Try to locate your coil in approximately this location:
asumuba3.jpg

Check out this thread for a tutorial that should get you on the right track :
RM2 / RBA 2.0 / Reomizer 2 Rebuild Tutorial
RM2 / RBA 2.0 / Reomizer 2 Rebuild Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread