Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
update ;)

As we get closer to the actual event, we're seeing that 24 hours may be an optimistic, if not unreasonable guestimate. Better plan on 48 hours. The database import alone is going to take around 12 hours (if nothing goes wrong with it).

We'll be making an announcement when we have a better idea with links to keep tabs on the progress.

so y'all don't go crazy when ecf disappears! :D

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I hope they have backups of the backups. Had a bad experience one time with company software transition. It ended up in never never land and the expensive online backup service files were corrupted. Paranoid Boy Scout here makes local backups as a precaution though, so all was well. Except for the pore person at customer service for the backup service that might have learned some new words.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
c6e9d32577acf153b5139c1dfc0296b1.jpg

I am in heaven right now with the chalice III and some hiss tank

Reactions: Kataphraktos

foolswithsometools

Apr 19, 2015
These boxes look straight up amazing, and for $30 of hardware, a DNA40 chip, and a plastic print, its an awesome deal too.
That being said, is there an SX350j version (60watt+temp control) coming up anytime soon? It seems like its a straightforward enough chip to swap out for the GDNA with spacing, but if youre 3D printing out a mod this nice anyways it would be good to have the "new" options available
The sx350j chip seems to be doing pretty well with those who have it, and with the DNA40 seeming to have more and more issues with users every week, it seems like itd be worth designing a SX350j version of this awesome box

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
Has anybody broken one of those brass inserts when spreading them a bit? Or am I the first one to do that? Opps, it just slipped. I built 3 V3.1 and this is my second V4.2 and it was the last insert that needed to be widdened. Oh, well McMasters here I come.

I bet you could do a little better with livewire, on shipping atleast.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Just finished this one. Its a version 4.0. Clear glossy cerakote over black. The rings, button and base plate are Nickel finished Stainless Steel. The V4 Internals are just so much easier to work with than the 3.1. :)

Is that just Cerakote clear coat on Sculpteo polished black?

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Nice doffy! Hopefully mine powers up once I get time to put her all together. I have most joints soldered. But some broke loose..

Here's a question y'all. If I have a wire that broke loose off the board, how can I safely remove the old solder without ruining my board? I tried just soldering the wire where the old one was but the old solder wouldn't stick.. and I got some lead free tinning compound. Its meant to help solder stick, and it does the exact opposite. Flux won't stick to it at all! I think I have a junk solder iron. Its old, likes 70s old. I have a new one with wattage control coming in a day or two from ups!

-Mark

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread