Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yep, there it is!

obFJF0G.jpg

I agree, the person who posted that picture probably has a stuck DOWN button, or a short in his wiring to it.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Spiceman1967

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Lompoc, CA, USA
Yep, there it is!

obFJF0G.jpg

I agree, the person who posted that picture probably has a stuck DOWN button, or a short in his wiring to it.

I had a dna 40 do that when I got a new batch and was doing pre-use tests. Nothing was wired up, except a battery. When I powered it up, the wattage immediately scrolled down on its own past 1W until that display came up. Activating UP button did nothing. Evolv replaced the board for me :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I had a dna 40 do that when I got a new batch and was doing pre-use tests. Nothing was wired up, except a battery. When I powered it up, the wattage immediately scrolled down on its own past 1W until that display came up. Activating UP button did nothing. Evolv replaced the board for me :)
Well, with nothing wired to the board, then it's a flaw (short) on the board itself somewhere.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I had a DNA 40 do that when I got a new batch and was doing pre-use tests. Nothing was wired up, except a battery. When I powered it up, the wattage immediately scrolled down on its own past 1W until that display came up. Activating UP button did nothing. Evolv replaced the board for me :)
Yeah that's exactly what mines doing, no writes lose tho as far as I can see but I guess theres something loose or shored. Sucks, this is my only working board. Gonna pulling test it and hopefully it's ok. Thanks for the help. .

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
So I stayed up till 3 this morning building my first GDNA (that has been waiting on me for months). Setup a test rig to check the da40 that I got from the first board co-op, works fine. Followed the build doc and it fired the first time. Second time, it said weak battery. Battery voltage measured 4.18, so I tried again, same message. Tried another fresh battery, same problem. Anyone having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
Got my chip from Evolv. Soldered it together. Atty was firing. Placed it in the shell. won't fire. remove from shell. it fires again. placed back in the shell, not firing.

the last one caused a short/open problem with the wattage up button so i'd have to refix that.

i'm done with this thing man :lol:

wasted too much time and effort. probably just purchase something else that's ready-made

it's clearly not making a good enough connection with the deans while inside the shell

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Got my chip from Evolv. Soldered it together. Atty was firing. Placed it in the shell. won't fire. remove from shell. it fires again. placed back in the shell, not firing.

the last one caused a short/open problem with the wattage up button so i'd have to refix that.

wasted too much time and effort. probably just purchase something else that's ready-made

it's clearly not making a good enough connection with the deans while inside the shell

Kurrupt, this is just too easy to remedy, just post pics of the top & bottom internals showing the deans connectors, you prolly have the connectors inset too much, remedied by sanding down the internals

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
ill probably have to redo the tact switches which means I'll probably have to solder to the tact switches again

along with sanding and that's assuming no other issues arise in the interim

not sure I can be bothered at this point

it's annoying because it's still powering the board. i have extra deans but that is basically starting the whole device over...again

Last edited:

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC

Sorry you're not enjoying the process, but this is what modding is all about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread