Status
Not open for further replies.

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
Before checking the solders, take the bottom internal out of the shell and try it without the shell (the deans connectors might not be making good connection)

Let us know and we'll take it from there

Same issue out of the shell. I re-soldered everything in the top cap and the pos batt leaf. Still firing once, then saying weak battery. I'd like to re-solder the board, but I need some acetone to loosen up the CA.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Same issue out of the shell. I re-soldered everything in the top cap and the pos batt leaf. Still firing once, then saying weak battery. I'd like to re-solder the board, but I need some acetone to loosen up the CA.
Chances are someone in your household has some nail polish remover.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
Kurrpt, I had a similar problem with two of my v3.1s. The lower shell can get printed too tall so the connectors don't make good contact when assembled. IIRC, the lower shell needs to be about 80mm tall, any taller you're going to have problems. Maybe try measuring it. If it is too tall, you will have to sand it down. Hope this helps.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
Not sure what else to try at this point.

1f78bc15ffc2b86b0d093ecee51b86d7.jpg

67d495dad06264473e0314fb1ddddde7.jpg

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Not sure what else to try at this point.

1f78bc15ffc2b86b0d093ecee51b86d7.jpg

Kurrupt, to be honest, that top cap internal is a mess, what happened there? Of course it's not fitting with the shell on, you've got shards of nylon all over the place, you need to take a file or medium fine sand paper and clean that up

On the bottom, it looks like you have some garbage on the side of the indent that needs cleaning up too

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
OMG, this is too funny. All that typing and bad mouthing, I literally just got an email from UPS stating I have a package being delivered tomorrow from Sculpteo. But Sculpteo still never told me anything. Not, hey we found it and shipped it.....nodda! It has to be that print to, because my other prints haven't even finished printing.

So I will hold off rejoicing until tomorrow. At least I can thank UPS for telling me something. Glad I signed up for that my UPS, it comes in handy.

maybe you need to brush up on your french? :lol:

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
I use these exclusively in all my GDNA & Pekos
Yeah I use them too. But a week or two ago vapage had a sale and I went to buy more bottles and they were sold out... guess their back in stock? Suckers, I was suppose to get an email when back in stock. Although there not on sale now so I'll wait.

And Drunk, yeah that ups feature is very nice when they send you an email to expect a package. I hope you get one over on Sculpteo for messing your order up. Although, don't take it too far cause we need future prints! And I'm waiting on my Gdna large screen print! ;) yep, 4 Pekos now I'm going to try a regulated temp control device! Cannot wait, very antsy on this one. Once it's built and working properly it won't leave my house cause I do not want to drop it and fry my board. It'll be my coffee table vape.

-Mark

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Few steps closer to beginning my build! Last thing needed is the print and Sculpteo just happened to ship it today! Worked out perfect because I got my board, and parts kit today and the print shipped today. I'd say I'll have it in 3 days. That's how fast all my other 4 prints got to my door.

Ok guys so my photobucket isn't letting me get the code off my pictures now but on the reverse side of the board (side with no on board button) there is 3 black boxes and under the 2 black boxes to the left there is 4 small gray boxes soldered in. 2 of these said boxes are soldered almost completely together. Will this pose a problem? It seems they tried to make them separated when they soldered but 2 of the 4 are definitely touching. I've seen other pics of these boards online and other peoples were separated. I wish I could get this picture up but photobucket does this to me daily.
-Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread