Hopefully that is legible...

Fortune favors the Bottom Feeders.

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
I believe so. I won't be able to get to it right away, but when I do, if I have a question about it, I'll try to get ahold of you. Very nice drawing, by the way!

Thanks! Message me anytime buddy. @Tagi too. I plan on doing up a nice build doc with pics at some point...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I had a problem with my 18650 once and as it turned out the hex nuts at the negative spring connector had worked its way loose. I had the nut and screw come loose in my 26650 once also in the switch. It has been quite a while but I do check all connections periodically....

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
An important part of George's original design criteria was that this mod could be built without soldering skills, with nothing more than simple hand tools.

But that doesn't mean it can't be improved if one does have soldering skills. :D

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
99d18d2c2f5fc2e65506467ffcef1729.jpg

Hopefully that is legible...

Probably I didn't understand it because something doesn't make sense to me.

So the red wire goes from the solder tab connected to the 510 ground to the battery leaf and the black wire goes from the firing pin to the positive pin?

If that's correct than the pic on the right top should be to the large tab not small ?? Sorry got confused.

EDIT: brain fart, the small tab is the one connected to 510 pin right?
EDIT 2: nope it says formerly part of the switch

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
This would make it somewhat permanent and cannot be disassembled.
Look at the pic more closely. Notice the bottom nut is loose and not soldered? It can be disassembled. The bottom battery contract can be replaced (it has to be de-soldered). And as stated above, I have in fact re-worked the 510 completely in this setup.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Awesome pics and instructions. I now have a couple ideas about getting mine wired up.

This was the first time I completely disassembled my Peko. Easy to get apart. Reassembly took a little trial and error to get the parts to go back together. Much better performance now.

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
But why use the switch tab instead the already existing 510 pin tab?
You could use either, but the smaller one's shape makes it easy to fit through the slot once it's all together and soldered.

It also looks better because after it has been cut down and re-drilled, the tab's arm is roughly the same width as the wire, so it looks like it is supposed to be there.

I know that sounds strange, and has no bearing on the function of the circuit, but I like them to look nice and neat when I'm done. Kinda like having clean underwear when you go to the doctor's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread