Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Found this at a B&M. I'd recommend staying away from it if you see one. It is definitely not the Sotong ring. Finish is very rough and it doesn't fit well on the Provari. I TOTT and paid $25+tax for this piece of crap. Hopefully it'll save someone from buying it.

mjtj81.jpg

qs9hmx.jpg

t68290.jpg

Oh man that sucks.... Sorry for you buddy. In any case why didn't you just try on the pro ring since it's at a b&m?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Ugh - that is a fail.
Thanks for the warning!
Anyone seen the one spotted lately on eBuy for $15 - up close and personal?

Found this at a B&M. I'd recommend staying away from it if you see one. It is definitely not the Sotong ring. Finish is very rough and it doesn't fit well on the Provari. I TOTT and paid $25+tax for this piece of crap. Hopefully it'll save someone from buying it.

mjtj81.jpg

qs9hmx.jpg

t68290.jpg

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
9anerymy.jpg

VICTORY IS MINE!!!!

If your topper doesn't sit flush on your mod + pro ring rattles + can't afford a hippo OR you find yourself constantly dropping your pro ring whenever you swap your toppers,

I introduce to you my new best friend, the double sided tape. Stays all nice and snug even when upside down.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
So I didn't wanna remove the ring and hafta reapply it after, so I drew a picture showing it.

e3asavur.jpg

Note that you wanna use short segments instead of one long one. Using a single straight stripe will cause little bunches of overlaps as you try to align the tape with the curvature. When you do that, the pro ring can't sit on flush and nice.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Here ya go - next time you need a drawing of a provari. Someone made a 3-D model of one.
Not sure why, but here it is...
provari_preview_featured.jpg

So I didn't wanna remove the ring and hafta reapply it after, so I drew a picture showing it.

e3asavur.jpg

Note that you wanna use short segments instead of one long one. Using a single straight stripe will cause little bunches of overlaps as you try to align the tape with the curvature. When you do that, the pro ring can't sit on flush and nice.

I know this question might be answered somewhere in this thread, but I will be darned if I can find it.

How likely are prorings to damage the finish on the topcap of a Provari? I can see the Hippo can't, since it screws on and doesn't rest on the ring, but what about the Tatroe rings or the Loki ones? Are they generally okay, or will they inevitably scratch it to heck and back? Still pondering grabbing the Provari; but I am also turning my attention towards accessories before I pull the trigger on the first stage.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
I know this question might be answered somewhere in this thread, but I will be darned if I can find it.

How likely are prorings to damage the finish on the topcap of a Provari? I can see the Hippo can't, since it screws on and doesn't rest on the ring, but what about the Tatroe rings or the Loki ones? Are they generally okay, or will they inevitably scratch it to heck and back? Still pondering grabbing the Provari; but I am also turning my attention towards accessories before I pull the trigger on the first stage.

All of them can mark the ProVari. Except the Delrin ones. Even the Hippo. I had a Hippo first, before any rings, and it made marks on my Provari. Here is the pic from month ago.

2nsyqgp.jpg

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
I got the abcvaping ring today. It's meh. About the same fit and dimensions as the Tatroe cones. It is a bit short and doesn't cover the whole Provari cap(most don't). So probably more prone to being loose and less prone to stop a atty from making contact. A bit better finish than the Tatroe. Worth it for the money.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The Sotong Slotted Ring...

MODELS AVAILABLE:
Polished or Brushed. Both with Airflow Slots or Plain top.

PRICE:
a) Slotted Ring: $20 Shipped
b) Regular Rings: $18 Shipped
*Subsequent purchases (second ring onwards) get a $2 discount.

WHERE: Via VaporWall. Also can be contacted directly by email.
EMAIL: sotong.my@gmail.com

CONS (if you think it is):
Only available in "straight cut" design. It is not tapered to match our 22mm attys as with the Kir Fanis Rings or the Kayfun Rings by SM.

BOTTOMLINE:
By far my best Pro-Ring. Snug fits everything on top. And there's ample Airflow for any Carto Tank. Finished well, absolutely matches our Provari SS end caps. Best value for our money. AND doesn't rattle / move once the atty is mounted atop.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Just curious. I have not seen this, but maybe someone else has. I see that all of these rings are either Black, White, or some sort of steel. Has anyone seen any that have colors to them? I have this awesome blue aluminum drip tip and I thought it would be awesome to have a ring that is blue as well. It would like nice on my blue or even ss provari. I have looked around and have not seen anything like it. Have yall?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Just curious. I have not seen this, but maybe someone else has. I see that all of these rings are either Black, White, or some sort of steel. Has anyone seen any that have colors to them? I have this awesome blue aluminum drip tip and I thought it would be awesome to have a ring that is blue as well. It would like nice on my blue or even ss provari. I have looked around and have not seen anything like it. Have yall?

OCD from IBTanked is the only modder who's planning some colored rings Afaik.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Nuthin. That's always on my list of "what you want with V3" - would be color-matched rings from ProVape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread