Status
Not open for further replies.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
They make the Provari look nicer when you have a tank with a larger diameter than the top taper. The top taper is ~19mm, so if you have 19mm tanks they look good without the ring. The body of the Provari is ~22mm, so for a seamless look the ring covers the taper & makes the body flow right into the sides of a larger, 22mm tank. The rings are for nothing more than cosmetics.

Edit: Others haven't had the same problem, but my first order with Loki will likely be my last. I just got my rings today & they look good, but the shipping time was horrible at best. There had to have been a fluke somewhere along the line since Lion ordered his the same time I did & got his days ago... even though he lives thousands of miles further away from them than I do. :glare: 2 day shipping turned into 2 week shipping. Not convinced this was all the fault of the idiots at USPS, but perhaps.

I am not sure it is fair to blame Loki...but then again, you are not known for just placement of blame, eh?

I love my Loki rings. One thing about them, I had to make a minor adjustment to my KFL bottom screw to make the contact on the ProVari with my KFL original. With my KFL-plus, for whatever reason, it was a non-issue. With my IGO-T and IGO-L, it was a non-issue. I have adjusted my KFLs so that the bottom screw is aligned with the air intake hole on the side, and that could be part of the reason I had to adjust again, but be aware of this. The Loki rings are thicker (no gap, fits snug) which I like and am happy to make the adjustment for the tight fit.

I like them better than the Tatroe Rings. Well worth the extra five bucks. Here they are, two brushed stainless and one black delrin. I also ordered the black 9mm hollow point bullet drip tip, pictured here on the IGO-T.

IMAG0842_zps2bf4cb44.jpg

QueenVictoria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2010
SoCal, USA
They make the Provari look nicer when you have a tank with a larger diameter than the top taper... The rings are for nothing more than cosmetics.

I'm seriously considering it. I think the black would look nice on mine, even though I think the tank is a 24mm. I saw they had a discount recently. Too bad I missed out on that. Do they do that very often? Or was it a special Black Friday thing?

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I'm seriously considering it. I think the black would look nice on mine, even though I think the tank is a 24mm. I saw they had a discount recently. Too bad I missed out on that. Do they do that very often? Or was it a special Black Friday thing?

That was the only sale I have seen them offer. I have been following Loki for a couple of months now.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
I am not sure it is fair to blame Loki...but then again, you are not known for just placement of blame, eh?

I love my Loki rings. One thing about them, I had to make a minor adjustment to my KFL bottom screw to make the contact on the ProVari with my KFL original. With my KFL-plus, for whatever reason, it was a non-issue. With my IGO-T and IGO-L, it was a non-issue. I have adjusted my KFLs so that the bottom screw is aligned with the air intake hole on the side, and that could be part of the reason I had to adjust again, but be aware of this. The Loki rings are thicker (no gap, fits snug) which I like and am happy to make the adjustment for the tight fit.

I like them better than the Tatroe Rings. Well worth the extra five bucks. Here they are, two brushed stainless and one black delrin. I also ordered the black 9mm hollow point bullet drip tip, pictured here on the IGO-T.

IMAG0842_zps2bf4cb44.jpg

I agree - I have both the Loki Labs ring and the Tatroe ring and while the Tatroe rings are good quality, the Loki Labs ring is better.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I said it could possibly be the window lickers at the USPS, it wouldn't be the first time they screwed up something... it wouldn't be the first time today they screwed up something. But when there's several days between 'info received' & any actual movement, that very likely could be the shipper plugging it into the system & not actually getting the package into the hands of the ....... Either way, it'll be a long, long time before I get another Provari, if ever & I got a ring for each of my current ones. I really don't care for any of their other products all that much, so I just don't see myself being a repeat customer anyhow.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
I said it could possibly be the window lickers at the USPS, it wouldn't be the first time they screwed up something... it wouldn't be the first time today they screwed up something. But when there's several days between 'info received' & any actual movement, that very likely could be the shipper plugging it into the system & not actually getting the package into the hands of the ....... Either way, it'll be a long, long time before I get another Provari, if ever & I got a ring for each of my current ones. I really don't care for any of their other products all that much, so I just don't see myself being a repeat customer anyhow.

Window lickers?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
They make the Provari look nicer when you have a tank with a larger diameter than the top taper. The top taper is ~19mm, so if you have 19mm tanks they look good without the ring. The body of the Provari is ~22mm, so for a seamless look the ring covers the taper & makes the body flow right into the sides of a larger, 22mm tank. The rings are for nothing more than cosmetics.

Edit: Others haven't had the same problem, but my first order with Loki will likely be my last. I just got my rings today & they look good,
but the shipping time was horrible at best. There had to have been a fluke somewhere along the line since Lion ordered his the same time I did & got his days ago... even though he lives thousands of miles further away from them than I do. :glare: 2 day shipping turned into 2 week shipping. Not convinced this was all the fault of the idiots at USPS, but perhaps.

My Lokies are effed up as well. Ordered the same time as my Provari. The same shipping method - and - [nearly] the same shipping costs ($30, for a $20 item. Ya, I know!). Provari arrived way back ~ Lokies haven't.

In fact, the day my Provari arrived - Loki sent me the Tracking#, which till date shows "Electronic Info Received" on the USPS site. Craig (Loki) says' it's a fault of the USPS ~ but I never had any such 'problem/s' with USPS anytime. Even the Provari tracking (same timeframe as of Loki) was spot-on.

I thus wonder, too!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Our very own IBTanked's OCD is getting his Pro-Rings ready as well >IBTPro<. It'd be offered mainly in SS semi-polished initially (likely by this month end) and in another 10 colors within a month or two.

As I see it, it's a take on the Kayfun Pro-Rings (as in the Vape Rev's listing, as well as doled out by C9V and SM directly - refer my OP), with a tapered top - aka 23mm to 22mm design - and will be comfortably priced at $12.50 a piece.

pelton54

Moved On
Oct 16, 2013
I'm pretty angry because I ordered my Kfl+ from vaperev a month ago and they left it in my mailbox....well last week I ordered the pro ring from vaperev and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday BUT they didn't leave it because it required a signature!!

$99 kfl+ needs no signature
$8 pro ring requires signature?

Sent from my iPhone using Popcorn

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I got my Loki Ring in 3 days. Of course I missed the sale. I bet the delays were due to overwhelming response. Dont'cha think it looks purdy? :D

View attachment 284615

It does look veddy nice indeed.

I would've skipped the sale to get it a week and a half earlier. Mine took a good 2 weeks to show up.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Guys... there's a Coop below that is offering beauty rings for $1 if you buy a Sigelei Zmax. The Sigelei has the exact same taper as the Provari... so the rings should fit:).

Now I don't have any working mechanical mods to compare (I got ONE sigelei iching in trade that arrived broken), so I wanted a reference one anyway, and it's really really cheap. I figure it would be good to test my RBA on to compare with my Provari(es). There's only 2 spots to fill MOQ, so if you want some cheap rings, there's an idea:)!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
which of the SS matches the silver provari the best? machine, brushed, or polished? not familiar with what those mean other than polished.. lol

Machined is a 'semi-polished' finish. Brushed is 'satiny' ~ something like the Kayfun Lites are. The Provari end caps could fit the 'machined' term better. They are neither 'shiny', aka polished, not 'satiny, aka brushed.

I've ordered the 'polished' ones tho from both ~ Loki, as well as GR-Modders. Am also getting the Black ring of Loki. It's another matter that Loki is tad slow in shipping ~ processed mine after a full week of ordering. While my GR-Modders' stuff is already in Canada... ordered the same day... the day I ordered my Provari ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread