Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
So the Loki ring will fit just fine with ibtanked? I just want to make double sure before I drop 20 bucks on one

Ah, they better! B'coz I've two in transit... the polished steel and the black delrin. And have a couple of 22mm tanks in waiting, IBT included.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Sotong Rings are $18 SHIPPED (with Tracking#). And a 'straight' one too, the way I like it. I just ordered one. The only issue is we need to go thru Vapor Wall.

sotong said:
Provari Ring: The ring is designed to cover the top slant of the Provari, giving it a 'flush' look when bigger-sized atty is attached to it. It is designed to be held in-place when the atty is screwed onto the Provari.

ProvariRing.jpg

Material: Stainless Steel
Finishing: Brushed or Polished
Price: US$18 (includes PP and registered mail).

Please send a PM for payment details.
The rings are ready for posting.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Sotong Rings are $18 SHIPPED (with Tracking#). And a 'straight' one too, the way I like it. I just ordered one. The only issue is we need to go thru Vapor Wall.

I ran a coop for these through a Canadian forum, and love my 2 Polished and brushed Sotong rings. They fit perfectly, and have a taper on the inside that conforms to the Provari's sloping top.

Great guy to deal with if y'all are going to contact him.

ehuzanat.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
So the Loki ring will fit just fine with ibtanked? I just want to make double sure before I drop 20 bucks on one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an FYI, IBTanked is coming out with their very own ProVari Ring for the IBtanks. OCD said they might be available before Christmas, only in brushed SS though. He is hoping later to have some in colors to match the carto tank caps.

Krint

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Buffalo
Just an FYI, IBTanked is coming out with their very own ProVari Ring for the IBtanks. OCD said they might be available before Christmas, only in brushed SS though. He is hoping later to have some in colors to match the carto tank caps.

OCD just posted they should be in Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well, the ones from IBTanked have air holes cut - and since you're getting an IBTanked, that's probably going to be the most certain-to-fit perfect ring...
I'm waiting for one of these right now (out of stock - but I bought one in the classifeds), but I'd REALLY like a black one too. Might pop for the Tatroe black one, or might wait for the IBpro-ring which I hope will come out in anodized black soon-ish.

are there any pro rings i can find that dont restrict airflow? or is the airflow restriction minimal with the loki's?

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
are there any pro rings i can find that dont restrict airflow? or is the airflow restriction minimal with the loki's?
Unless you're using Hypertanks I wouldn't worry about it. Even then you can just unscrew the Hypertanks a bit to let in some air.

The beauty rings work great with everything else.

BulletStopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Kentucky
Well, the ones from IBTanked have air holes cut - and since you're getting an IBTanked, that's probably going to be the most certain-to-fit perfect ring...
I'm waiting for one of these right now (out of stock - but I bought one in the classifeds), but I'd REALLY like a black one too. Might pop for the Tatroe black one, or might wait for the IBpro-ring which I hope will come out in anodized black soon-ish.

I've also signed up to get notified. I currently have a Loki ring and it leaves a slight shoulder when used with my Kayfun. For 8 bucks it is worth it so see if this one is "slusher".

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca

I would think any tank that draws air from the bottom would be restricted if the ring does not allow air-flow. If you loosen the tank to allow air-flow, you will cause the ring to spin or jiggle. The only solution for something like this would be a Hippo type ring where you can adjust for air-flow. I don't have a problem with this because the KFL draws air from the side, which allows me to flush mount it against the ring.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I think if we use a 'straight'* ring and top it with any 22mm atty (Cartos or Carto-RBAs of course) we won't have any airflow issues. I tested that with my ring (a straight one) with Sophia, Killer and Diver. Nonetheless, it'd yet be problematic with a 23mm tank.

However, if you use a 'tapered-top'º ring and place a 22mm tank over it ~ that'd interfere with your airflow for sure unless the ring has 'air-holes' on it's side/s. It'd continue to bug us with a 23mm tanks as well ~ and further mar the 'look' due to the over-hang.

While, if 'black' or 'white' rings are our choice ~ the Loki-Rings are our only option AFAIK. And any of the 'straight' rings, even if they do not have the 'air-holes', it wouldn't be much difficult to drill them I guess.

BTW, all those issues stand solved with the Hippo v2, as Dusty correctly opined. It's different!

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I think part of the reason I don't get any restriction with my Loki's is from using flanged cartos on my tanks. You can tighten them all the way down but it doesn't lock the ring completely rigid - it can still spin & move vertically ever so slightly. I suppose you could achieve the same effect with non-flanged cartos by moving the tank up a hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread