pro vari v3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
It's been discussed a lot of places Tom P sir, no they aren't.

Honestly, there's no reason to. There is a difference vaping say a 1.5ohm dual coil at 12w and a 2.0ohm single coil at 12w. You would have to adjust the wattage for those cartos depending on your taste, or the juice for that matter. Some juices can handle the 12w in a dual coil only to be scorched in the single....

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I doubt Provari will make the leap into the modern age by creating a VW. They currently have the market on overpriced VV mods, don't need an overpriced VW mod to add to it all.

That "overpriced" vv mod is what finally got me off a 2 pack a day 30 year habit and is the most reliable,toughest mod Ive ever owned and there are a lot of people here that will agree with that.

You dont know what youre talking about.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I doubt Provari will make the leap into the modern age by creating a VW. They currently have the market on overpriced VV mods, don't need an overpriced VW mod to add to it all.

As has been discussed here ad nauseum, with the Provari, you get what you pay for. It's not for everyone, but when looking for a device that does the complete package and does them all extremely well, one would be hard-pressed to find a better device or company. This is why it has been the gold standard in its class since its introduction a couple of years ago.

Before judging the Provari, have you actually used one extensively before? Unless you have, any comments made from from you will likely be ignored. 99% of Provari owners are extremely pleased with their $165 device and believe it is worth every penny, the sole 1% are still worked up over the bubble wrap packaging it came in.

Don't hold your breath on a variable wattage device from Provari for some time, if ever. The topic of variable wattage has been discussed here ad nauseum, also. It is not the be all, no all. It will be useful for a segment of the vaping population, but it is not for everyone. There are easy ways to get to the perfect vape, that is just one of them.

Last edited:

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
That's funny right there. You are basing this opinion on what, your experience as a vapor using what, your brand new Zmax? :D Personally I can't keep up with all the stuff coming out of China. So many revisions, so fast, because they just can't get it right to start with. Plus I will take the SS over the chrome plated brass any day

I have an original ProVari and it still does just fine, though I should upgrade it to a V2 (for the $25). The V2 mini I have kicks some serious ..... So whatever ProVape does, it will not really matter that much, I enjoy their product and will continue to do so as long as I vape. Plus as long as they are in business, they have probably the best repair pricing and support record out there.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
What they all said.... plus i may add Provape doesnt just grab whatever new chip is sitting in the vendors out basket.
If they do decide to make the leap considerable testing will have to be done to make sure the chips/componenents needed are up to the specifications of the rest of the innards, It is known that on the inside of the provari is a military class circuit board, and they arent just gonna toss a cheapo chip in there no matter what the knockoffs are doing.
looking at the flood of cheapos being consumed every day then coming here and seeing how many people are still buying prov's they arent worried about it either.......

eagarcia123

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2012
los angeles ca
pherik:7846063 said:
overpriced may seem like a harsh word. though I rarely touch my provari since I have smaller mods at home and seem more convenient to carry around whether if im going out or not. whether if it had top notch electronics or not, the sturdy build quality does justify the price. most people dont need a provari so they can quit smoking.

SinisterRaccoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Raccoon City
Provari on its way:) the price was a bit more than I wanted to spend...granted I wanted Black with Blue display. However, my other choice was a zmax at half the cost. Figuring that I would eventually end up getting a Provari eventually, and the chances that the zmax may end up dieing, I bit the bullet and hit the buy button. The fact that they have a 1 year warranty on the Provari speaks more than the chinese knockoffs and the 30 day if any warranty. Not to say that all the knockoffs are crap, but when a company can back up their product with a good warranty and has a great track record, it speaks. I still use the cheap chinese mods, and accessories, but I feel confident that the Provari will be a long time friend.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
This may offend some, but when a Chinese product comes out, and they make the version 2 a week later, followed by version 3 within a month, that tells me there is a quality problem, hence the short warranties they have. People who buy these are the typical Walmart shopper, looking for the cheapest price as the only motivating factor.

Provari stands behind their product, and will repair them outside their 1 year warranty, and for a reasonable fee. Are they over priced? Me thinks not. Would I pay twice as much for a product that will out last a cheaper product 10 fold? YES!

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
As has been discussed here ad nauseum, with the Provari, you get what you pay for. It's not for everyone, but when looking for a device that does the complete package and does them all extremely well, one would be hard-pressed to find a better device or company. This is why it has been the gold standard in its class since its introduction a couple of years ago.

Before judging the Provari, have you actually used one extensively before? Unless you have, any comments made from from you will likely be ignored. 99% of Provari owners are extremely pleased with their $165 device and believe it is worth every penny, the sole 1% are still worked up over the bubble wrap packaging it came in.

Don't hold your breath on a variable wattage device from Provari for some time, if ever. The topic of variable wattage has been discussed here ad nauseum, also. It is not the be all, no all. It will be useful for a segment of the vaping population, but it is not for everyone. There are easy ways to get to the perfect vape, that is just one of them.

Thanks for the first laugh of the day.

Oh, and of course I feel every single penny was worth it in my LONG TERM investment of a ProVari V2. No more dead PV's with no option but to spend money over, and over, and over...

And of course would LOVE to see a VW from ProVape. If they do come out with one, I am sure the FLOOD of orders and upgrading innards will keep them quite busy for some time! I know they wouldn't want to have to handle that many orders more than once, so they will ONLY put out a product that will stand the tests we vapors throw at them. Run over with heavy equipment? No problem, they fix it. Dropped in coffee like the person on Thanksgiving? No problem, rinse out with 99% Isopropyl, let it dry and viola! No problem.

I sure do hope they are secretively working on the VW :D

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Simply put VW is NOT needed for a Provari.Its needed for RBA's........or people who cant make up their mind what resistance atomizer to use but once you find what works for you, there isnt any reason to change it.

I dont need to know how many watts im using on my device...I could do an equation to figure it out but quite frankly I hate math....I know that using a 1.7ohm Smoktek pre-punched xl tank carto, with the my Phiniac and Alien Visions Hype at 3.7 volts gives me the perfect flavor and vapor.

There are already more than enough variables when finding your perfect setup to confuse noobs and veterans alike and at least for me, VW is another variable that I dont want or need.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I agree, I don't really think VW is all that necessary. Plus it's the 'new thing on the block.' Tis a big part of its appeal imo.
Have you ever tried one? Don't knock it till you try it. Or can afford it which ever comes first

He's just going around throwing up provari hate and being a troll. Ignore him.

:p

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I am someone who said I could not afford a Provari. You know what? I've spent so much more than that on VV mods that have broken. Even the one expensive handmade mod that I got that everyone raved about has broken twice already and I have had to send it in for repairs. If I knew what I know now, after a year of vaping, I would have bought a Provari first. I still don't have one, but I hope to make that my next big purchase.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I use RBA's - with the chinese clones I have 6 in my rotation all filled with different juice, and on 2 devices. I don't use vivi novas with their weak hit and lack of flavor anymore. All my RBA's are hand coiled by my imperfect methods, the best I can do :lol: But they work so nicely, with such good flavor and hit.

Sure would be nice to set my wattage and not blow coils or get a nasty hot dry hit when I change my atty and forget to change my volts. Even if I needed to fine tune it, it would still protect me from those blown coils. So, I am buying the Zmax through the coops for $60 delivered, knowing full well they may not even last a month. Or maybe they will last a year? I have no way of knowing. And THAT is why I would gladly pay ProVape for one that will work until I stop vaping or die. Sure glad I am not forking over $120+ like some people are on the Zmax at retail. Yet you hear people complain about $159.95 from ProVape. $30 extra for a long lasting, warrantied unit? Get me a VW from them and I am IN!

ETA: I us SR cartos in my tanks. Those are in my rotation, with different juice. I change flavors so many times a day it's insanity I tell ya! The taste of a burnt carto hit is the devil's work! Get me VW and that will be a thing of the past!

ETA 2: duh, its a Zmax not a Vmax :facepalm:

Last edited:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I'm no math whiz, but aren't those VW's adjusted in .5 watt increments? A vv, like the Provari is adjustable in .1 volt increments, which seems to be more precise. Am I correct here?

Simply put VW is NOT needed for a Provari.Its needed for RBA's........or people who cant make up their mind what resistance atomizer to use but once you find what works for you, there isnt any reason to change it.

I dont need to know how many watts im using on my device...I could do an equation to figure it out but quite frankly I hate math....I know that using a 1.7ohm Smoktek pre-punched xl tank carto, with the my Phiniac and Alien Visions Hype at 3.7 volts gives me the perfect flavor and vapor.

There are already more than enough variables when finding your perfect setup to confuse noobs and veterans alike and at least for me, VW is another variable that I dont want or need.

Black Strat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2012
Idaho
I enjoy people watching. A troll throws down an ignorant statement about the Provari which is followed by the Provari cultists coming to the rescue.

Provari owners really do not need to respond to the trolls. The Provari has proven itself to be an awesome product ad infinitum and regardless what you say will not help a troll "see the light".

Also, throwing down how stupid VW is only trolls the troll.

Some people love VW, some love their Chinese equipment, some love their Provari. Isn't the point really being that we purchase and use whatever equipment we enjoy to stick it to Big Tobacco?

:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread