Problem with Eleaf Pico 75w. Weak power

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenHead

Mar 30, 2014
Cali
Bought an Eleaf Pico off of Ebay(reputable USA seller) a few months ago as a back up. My brother wanted to try out vapung the other day so I thought I'd slap a tank on this new Eleaf and give it to him. However when I tried it out very little vapor comes out.

After I push the fire button the coil starts to weakly crackle after about a second delay, and it's definitely not working right. I had this same battery in the past and it worked fine so I know this isn't normal for it.

I've already put the tank on other batteries, and the tank works good. I've put other tanks on the Eleaf with same result, weak power. And I've switched out the 18650 with no change.

I have it set at 21w, 500deg on a Nautilus 2 tank.

Like I said, it's new right out of the box. Is it possible there's a setting I'm not aware of causing this? Or did I just get a dud? It's been way too long to return to Ebay seller. :(

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
21w is really really high for most nautilus coils. They’re generally MTL vapes. 12w would likely be more in the ballpark.

Also the make and model of all parts involved is pretty necessary to make a determination here. All we know atm is there is some mod and some atty that holds some nautilus coil involved. Not near enough info

GreenHead

Mar 30, 2014
Cali
21w is really really high for most nautilus coils. They’re generally MTL vapes. 12w would likely be more in the ballpark.

Also the make and model of all parts involved is pretty necessary to make a determination here. All we know atm is there is some mod and some atty that holds some nautilus coil involved. Not near enough info

I just set it at 12w and virtually nothing comes out. I've attached a photo of the exact unit. Btw I've tried the tank it comes with, and it's the same result almost no vapor comes through.

Attachments

• ELIS-IS7520-2.jpg
    ELIS-IS7520-2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 28

GreenHead

Mar 30, 2014
Cali
Hi. You mention "500deg".

Most nautilus coils are not compatible with temperature control, they're strictly for power mode.

Can you check if the Pico's in the right mode for the tank?

How do I check what mode it's in? All I see are 8 options. Wattage, bypass, and 6 different temp hi, ti, SS, M1, M2, M3

Attachments

• 20181209_121503.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I just set it at 12w and virtually nothing comes out. I've attached a photo of the exact unit. Btw I've tried the tank it comes with, and it's the same result almost no vapor comes through.
Pic works. Is your battery fresh? How do you charge it? How old is it? What is the battery make and model?

UPDATE: Just read the TC mode issue threads. This seems highly likely to me. Mess with that before worrying about the battery I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread