Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I have been using my joye 510 passthrough (from cignot.come) for a month or so and it quit working. I'm wondering if it could be that I just need a new blue 510 battery to go in it or did my passthrough just die. I had it unplugged from the usb port when it quit working so I plugged it back in and it hasn't worked since.

Also, can someone tell me the difference between the joye 510 and the ego? Is it just the battery life?

Thanks for all the help! I haven't smoked an analog for over a month now and it is amazing!!

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Congrats on getting rid of analogs! Your PT might be dead, or else the battery has become unable to take a charge anymore. To really tell, and for many other PV-related measurements, it is quite useful to have a digital multi-meter. If the battery reads 3.7V-4.2V, the battery is fine and the PT is fried. If the battery is, after a recharge, reading less than 3V, then it is the battery, for sure...but it could also be the PT. I have burned out several 510 PTs. After weeks of heavy use, internal resistors or capacitors can fry out. It is common for these types of PTs. They are very cheaply made and do not have a very good track record.

As a word of warning, they can also fry out USB ports if the rating of the port is lower than the current draw they use. A few here have even fried out their motherboard! PTs are best used on a powered USB hub or an external AC/USB converter.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Kurt answered your first question. I'll take a stab at your second.

Other than size and shape (and cost), the main difference between the Joye 510 and the eGO is battery life (i.e., mAh or puffs per battery charge, rather than the weeks/months that the battery will keep working). And this does have a secondary consequence: batteries of at least 450 mAh (such as the eGO) enable the use of LR atomizers to achieve a more intense vaping experience.

Revisiting the size and shape: On the eGO (and many of its sisters), you can use the much higher capacity mega eGO cartomizers and mega eGO atomizers/cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread