Problem with the Vamo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Maybe it is .... Not according to the vendor however. The website indicates it is V2 and addresses the issue in V1 (something to do with a short circuit problem ???)

I could be wrong, but I believe the short was that certain batteries, mainly flat tops were making contact with the top of the battery tube and in version 2, a rubber ring was added to the top of the tube to prevent that contact. Version 2 is supposed to also have a larger hot spring to fix connection and/or rattling problems with some batteries.

I'm not sure about the chip, I haven't heard as much detail about what is and isn't saved before this thread. :)

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Is it possible that rms mode is not working as it should be ???

A warning is posted on Health Cabin web site ...

"Warning:
When the eGo Bamboo works at AVG status, the product may produce much stronger power on the same atomizer than working at RMS status. It will likely damage your atomizers greatly.

So we strongly do suggest you to use only RMS status, because RMS status can perform very well.

Please do NOT try AVG status if you are not a veteran."

Maybe what we think is rms mode is actually avg mode.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
When I use stacked batts, each vape is the same until the output voltage drops to around 6.7 volts. At this point the Vamo seems to misfire. When this occurs I change out the batts.

Indeed, though at that point your batteries are each sitting around 3.3V or so, which is far from crtiical, but for me that's right about when I feel like it's time to swap 'em out for a fresh pair. Same with singles; when they drop that low I'll swap and charge.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Well mine is different: black plastic buttons and I don't see a red battery pos isolation disk.

Plastic button Vamos are not the revised version. The new Vamos have matching metal buttons, an insulator around the pos connection, and they will hold the wattage setting when changing out batteries. I am not sure but there have been an "intermittent" version which addressed a couple of the physical issues (buttons and insulator) but did not have the upgraded chip which fixed the 6w bug and holding wattage settings after battery removal. Reading this thread is leading me to believe that there are some Frankenstein units still floating around. Buyer beware.

Last edited:

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
Plastic button Vamos are not the revised version. The new Vamos have matching metal buttons, an insulator around the pos connection, and they will hold the wattage setting when changing out batteries. I am not sure but there have been an "intermittent" version which addressed a couple of the physical issues (buttons and insulator) but did not have the upgraded chip which fixed the 6w bug and holding wattage settings after battery removal. Reading this thread is leading me to believe that there are some Frankenstein units still floating around. Buyer beware.

What is the 6 watt bug?

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
It came It came It came! I could have kissed the post man today! lol

In just a couple minutes, I'll pop in a freshly charged batt and use it to test the ohms on the faboo DiD setup I made last night. Then, I will photograph it so I can post in the VapeMail thread.... then, I will show remarkable restraint and re-box it and gift wrap it with a tag saying "To Mommie, Love Peanut". Then I will patiently wait until Monday night (we open gifts in the German tradition on Christmas Eve) when my son opens his gifts, to re-open it and enjoy my first vape on it.

Wow, I feel like a kid again! Monday night can't come fast enough!

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Good to hear. Just make sure you heed the warnings if using stacked. Read the resistance after a battery swap, power off/on and atty change.

Thank you, and yes I will take great care. At the moment, I don't even own any 18350s so I'm good, but I might try to get some so I can try it in stacked mode. Thanks :)

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I got this today from canvape, maybe it's an in between version ? Mine has the metal buttons, insulator, but does not remember the wattage or voltage. That's a tiny bit annoying to have to reset it, but I don't really care. :) It does save the avg/rms and whether it was in vv or vw, but I think all versions do that ?

IMG_0608.jpg

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
I got this today from canvape, maybe it's an in between version ? Mine has the metal buttons, insulator, but does not remember the wattage or voltage. That's a tiny bit annoying to have to reset it, but I don't really care. :) It does save the avg/rms and whether it was in vv or vw, but I think all versions do that ?

View attachment 162649

Mine does not have the red insulator. No big deal IMO. According to a few posts within the thread it appears we have version 1 of the Vamo chip. To me this is not a concern as other than popping a couple of really low LR attys < 2 ohms my Vamo is working just fine.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
That's the same as mine struckus. It would be nice if it saved the wattage/voltage number, but taking 2 seconds to set it when you switch the batteries every couple of days isn't a big deal.

I'm not worried about popping coils either, I only use LR on lower voltage devices and probably won't run the Vamo with stacked 18350s.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
That's the same as mine struckus. It would be nice if it saved the wattage/voltage number, but taking 2 seconds to set it when you switch the batteries every couple of days isn't a big deal.

I'm not worried about popping coils either, I only use LR on lower voltage devices and probably won't run the Vamo with stacked 18350s.

You only switch batteries every couple of days ... wow! I must vape too much.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada

yeah i'm probably going to stick with 1 18650..I run both setups but mostly the stacked 18350's..I don't go much over 8-9 watts so the 18650 does just fine at these settings..1 cell is safer and easier to change..little more life also..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread