Problem with the Vamo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
So I read the thread but am still a bit confused as to the fix for this. I have two 18350 efest batteries and right now have a 2.0 ohm cartomizer. How do I use the 2.0 ohm carto in VW mode without blowing it?

If you are using the 18350s stacked just make sure you check the resistance of the atty before hitting the fire button.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Mine does not have the red insulator. No big deal IMO. According to a few posts within the thread it appears we have version 1 of the Vamo chip. To me this is not a concern as other than popping a couple of really low LR attys < 2 ohms my Vamo is working just fine.

Hi Tom.
The Version 2 changed the 6 watt bug. In version 1 when set at 6 watts the device would fire much higher than 6 watts. If your Vamo is ok on 6 watts you have a version 2.
There have been other minor modifications between different second version Vamos. I have two version 2 Vamos. One remembers the watts settings after changing batteries, and one defaults to 3 watts after changing batteries. Both are version 2 Vamos. They also added the red insulator to version 2. Both of mine have this.
Initially the version 2 also came out with metal buttons, but since then I've heard you can get version two with colored buttons also.

The main differences in version 2 are the 6 watts being accurate and the insulator. It's possible you got a version 2 with the 6 watt bug fixed but no insulator.

nightfell

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Massachusetts
Hi Tom.
The Version 2 changed the 6 watt bug. In version 1 when set at 6 watts the device would fire much higher than 6 watts. If your Vamo is ok on 6 watts you have a version 2.
There have been other minor modifications between different second version Vamos. I have two version 2 Vamos. One remembers the watts settings after changing batteries, and one defaults to 3 watts after changing batteries. Both are version 2 Vamos. They also added the red insulator to version 2. Both of mine have this.
Initially the version 2 also came out with metal buttons, but since then I've heard you can get version two with colored buttons also.

The main differences in version 2 are the 6 watts being accurate and the insulator. It's possible you got a version 2 with the 6 watt bug fixed but no insulator.

Kiwi where is the red insulator located?

Shahzh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Malaysia
My SS version has a loose fire button, the other 2 buttons is perfect. I find the fire button rattle kind of annoying, so what I did was...I cut a strip of transparent sticker (about 2mm width and half the length of the button) and stick on the flat side of the button. Now it feels the gap and no more rattle. Pressing it now feels much better :D

If you're willing to dismantle the unit, you can probably use a mounting tape and tape it at the back of the button. That's the only fault that I can find on my unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread