Not open for further replies.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Alphafemale

I read about this method about a week ago, and dismissed it for the very reason you stated.

But today, feeling brave I tried just one of my older carts. Eureka!!

I have since done nine of them, and they took me less time than how I fill them normally.
The only con I can think of is if you are a bit of a klutz, such as I, the possibility of spilling one of the condoms becomes more acute!

Gracie

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Welcome to the klutz club!!! I gave up trying to walk and chew gum a long time ago! I washed a bunch of carto today so I can try this out. I'll let ya know how many spills, lol.

OK alpha, if you can do it, then I will have to give it a try too! I mostly vape 510's, but if carto refilling can be this easy I'll have to give my 808's more work!!! Let us know how it goes for you...

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
Thanks to the refill method that seems to be taking off lately, I too shall be attempting it. Got my order of juice and carts coming next week and I'll post up my results. If this system turns out to be as great as it seems to be for so many people, I'll be spending FAR less on this new lifestyle than I was expecting to.

Though to be honest, I really wouldn't mind terribly spending a bit MORE than I used to for analogs, the health benefits from not sucking down burning chemicals is worth it to me if it ended up costing me more. :)

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Ok gang, I tried it.:shock: I filled the condom up to just over half but not quite to 3/4. Juice flowed from the top like molten lava! Ok, it wasn't that bad but I still got juice coming out of the mouth piece.:D I used a brand spanking new blank. So, I guess I just need to use less :oops:.

Now, I gotta tell ya, I couldn't stop there. No no, not me! I grabbed a carto that I've been using most of the day. Filled the condom with 10 drops (yes, I counted). Didn't look to be enough :lol::lol::lol:, so I added 5 more.

Yep, you guessed it, I shoulda stopped at 10 :oops:. None the less, it worked and I didn't get a mouth full of juice.

In a nutshell :p it was quick, easy and I didn't make a really really big mess. The amount of juice on the battery end (one of my concerns) was no worse than if I had been dripping and missed the hole 8-o.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Thanks alpha for the followup. man this is really something. now you guys are making me think will this work with greencig cartos. oh boy when Lori comes back she is gonna get a mouthfull of new ideas to try. but she will get so dam excited it will be funny. she is just ttoo funny how she gets excited over the dumbest things. hey that sounds like me too. hey dont we all get excited over things like this.
Alpha thanks
Cos

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
BTW i spoke to nancdy from Greencig few weeks ago and asked her why dont you guys have blank greencig cartos? she said they are working on it. so when that happens im sure Drew will be getting them. Nancy is pretty cool lady and the head person in California from Greencig.

Now, I'd say that is good news, Cos!!

Gracie

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Oh Lord, if the battery end works, I'm going to be in refill heaven. :p Been saving a bunch of my old carts just in case I decided I liked vaping enough to try doing refills, looks like I'll have refills coming out my ears at this point.

Thanks much for being the guinea pig! :)

Just do it like in the video. Just push slowly so that the air can escape.

Don't refill too many ahead. I did this and the longer they sit the nastier they are. Also, Drew pointed out to me in a phone conversation that I should be saving the ".... plugs" and condoms to put back on after refilling. Boy do I have a collection now!

Good luck to you all!

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
Good advice Alpha, I'm wondering if sealing filled carts in baggies with as little air as possible in them will help along with the condoms. I'm working on getting down to 5 or so carts a week (tough with it being so damned fun using the PT all the time) and I figure having 5 ready to go should help keep em fresh since it'll only be about a week at most.

alphafemale

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Marshall, Michigan
Conner-I did the small baggie thing. I didn't use the condoms too, just the baggies. I used the smallest craft ones I could find. I think they are like 2x3 or something like that. You get a .... load for a couple of bucks. PM me your addy and I will mail ya some, seriously.

You could probibly do 5 or so ahead. I did like 20 something. I wanted to have 1 of each flavor ready to go :).

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
Well, just got my juice from Drew today and tried my hand at the refill method. First one was a bust, no vapor or flavor, BUT that was a cart I got locally here in town. I used one that I got from Drew, and BAM, works like a champ! I did the battery end refill approach with a Drew GreenCig cart, and after fiddling a bit with a couple, 12 drops from the bottle seems to be about the sweet spot for me. TINY bit of extra inside that one good gentle blow thru clears out nicely. Vapor seems about the same volume as from a fresh one and I'm not sure if it's just the juice or what, but throat hit seems better than "stock" ones. The only issue I have is the 24mg content is WAY more than I have been taking in (been using medium strength 10mg) so the buzz was a bit of a shock. :p

On the upside to the 24mg effect, I've discovered that I don't have that strange "lacking" feeling anymore. With the 10mg ones, I always felt like I wasn't really "smoking" and had a small feeling in the back of my head that I needed more, that's gone now. HUGE thank you to the founder of this technique and to Alpha and the others who tried it out first, this method looks to be a massive money saver and will hopefully make this lifestyle change not only healthier but cost effective as well!

Of course now I've got an itch to try out an XHaler after getting used to my passthrough so often. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread