Products and Updates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
See 'nut, THAT isn't what I need to hear! :D

I got into this new thing to save my lungs and a bit of money, and here I am spending way more than I ever did on analogs. The fact that I'm adding years to my lifespan DOES balance things out though I reckon. It's just so damn FUN now, flavors, refills, and now this XHaler eyeballing me from the screen.

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
Yeah, once I get "settled in" so to speak and find the things that work best for me, I'm sure it'll be just another hum-drum kind of thing. :p

Having both my batteries get fried from a bad cart (NOT bought thru Drew) really added to my spending this week. Still looking for the perfect flavor, the choco mac flavor isn't bad, surprisingly I liked the cherry a little more though. Simply being able to refill will cut my expenses a ton so that makes me quite happy. :)

Conner

Feb 13, 2010
Castle Rock
I've only really dealt with GreenCig and the KR carts, but from my experience the GS carts are fantastic as far as craftsmanship and durability. For refilling, I actually like the KR carts better, as the soft rubber endcap is SO much easier to take off without ruining the cart, and the GS ones have an inner liner that makes it a little tougher to refill as the top next to the mouthpiece is the sealed end.

The flavored KR carts seem to me to have a better "hit" but don't seem to last quite as long as a GS cart does.

Paul42360

Feb 9, 2010
Michigan USA
Hey Conner
I use the greencig cartos and i fill them thru the battery end with a syringe. i put exactly 23 drops into mine. and when i fill it i insert the thin needle into the battery end until i hit the bottom of the white inner cart. (which you cant see being your filling thru the battery end.) then when i hit the bottom i start pushing the liquid in very slowly. as i am filling i am slightly pulling up in very very small movements. i do this so the whole inner cart gets the liquid evenly. keep pulling and filling until the liquid is all out.
then wipe up the cart let it sit for a bit and your ready to rock. i usually fill them at nite and let them sit over nite. but sometimes i use them right away after about 10 minutes of sitting with the battery end up.
what you can do being its your first time is this
instead of putting 23 drops in put in like 18 drops.
then after that stand the greencig carto up with the battery end up. now what you can do is put a drop of liquid on that battery hole. Just 1 little drop over the hole. you will see the liquid suck in and go down. when it does this that means it can take some more so do this 1 drop at a time. it may take 4 to 6 more drops. when it stops sucking thru the battery hole then you know its full.im saying try it this way for the first few times until you get used to it. then after your comfortable you can fill it with a syringe. I dont know what type of thing you have to fill it but when you put a syringe needle thru the battery hole you will hit something. That something is the clamp that holds the wick down. now you have to bypass this little clamp cause its directly in teh way of the syringe. with a little slight angle you will get used to bypassing it. please when you first insert the needle in do not push hard or you will breat that wick piece. if you hit it pull up a hair then try pushing down again slowly.
this sounds like a lot but it isnt. actually it takes about 1 min to fill these carts when your used to it. I fill up 5 at a time and when i am done vaping them i refill them again. and again and again. you cant kill these cartos. but i did kill a few but they last for long time. i still have some old ones from september that i am still using. the old ones are the real thin metal with paper wrap around. of course the paper didnt last but the carto did. most of those old cartos i have are just showing silver metal.
so listen try this and let me know if you have any problems. also the only needle that will fit in the battery end and bypass the wick clamp is the
22G 1 1/2 The thicker needles dont go in and the real thin ones wont push the liquid thru its too small.
anyway sorry for the long post but this is how i fill these cartos and i use them every day. i dont know what size the tip is on that flavor injector.
but first you have to vape what already inside then when you start getting less vapor and that lousy taste you know its time to refill.
dont worry they do not burn but do try not to keep vaping it when you taste the empty polyfill.
also if you dont have a hypo or your flavor thing doesnt go in the hole. just drip 1 drop of liquid at a time thru the battery end. it takes time this way. and count the drops you use. sometimes i can get 25 soemtimes 27 drops in but mostly i put in just 23 drops. never had a prob this way.
but again i know i am reapeating myself i dont think you should use 23 drops for the first time. use less like i said then add few drops thru batt end 1 at a time.
let me know how you do. im busy this weekend but ill be on at late nitetime.
happy vaping
PS i have to copy and paste this cause i type this a lot when people ask how to fill the greencig cartos.
also remember this try to not take them apart. they work best just the way they are. if you take the mouthpeice off and you take out the inner cart then you have to put it back exactly the same way or you wont get vapor right. trsust me i took many apart when i first started and i screwed a lot up lol.
after your used to it then take 1 apart and see how its made. then you can try. you will see how well these cartos are made.
see ya

I tryed with a 22g syringe but could only get it in about 3/16" :confused:
Could it be the new cartos have more in the way to hinder refilling?
Still got the job done tho, :D
Paul

ToyTaco

Jan 29, 2010
Southeast PA
Drew, will there be any chances for GreenCig accessories being sold in the future? I know you are doing batterys now, but what about cases, USB or wall chargers? I'm doubting I'm the only one that bought the "Rolls Royce" of e cigarettes that wouldn't mind having a USB charger other than the PCC. Figure others that started with a cheaper kit could upgrade later to the PCC. I know youre a busy guy, and I'm sure you have already thought about this, I just wanted to hear you think out loud for a sec. :lol:

Thanks for making the vaping world better!

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Paul as far as the greencig syringe i told ya what to try when the needle doesnt go in. here is what i said taken right from my post.

when you put a syringe needle thru the battery hole you will hit something.
That something is the clamp that holds the wick down. now you have to bypass this little clamp cause its directly in the way of the syringe. with a little slight angle you will get used to bypassing it. please when you first insert the needle in do not push hard or you will break that wick piece. if you hit it pull up a hair then try pushing down again slowly.

so try this again but be careful and go easy or your gonna push the whole wick assembly up the carto tube. Or you can fill thru the battery hole 1 drop at a time. go slow. after you put 1 drop on the batt hole you will see it suck it right in. it will take about 20 something drops before it stops sucking it in. i would stop at 20. all according to how big the drops are. if you do put in more by accident then let it stand with battery end up for few hrs and the liquid overflow will come out thru the mouthpiece. then wipe it down and your all set. but try not to overfill. so try it again and go very slow with drops 1 at a time.
Hope this helps
let me know.
Cos

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I love the greencigs but i will have to agree with Kelemvor on this one. Yep i would try it myself. and to be honest i did try the condom filling method but i dont care for it. no offense to anyone and the person who started it. it sure fills up fast but once i tried it and then i took off my cap and o ring and the liquid was all over the place. and that was after the Taryn spin. so maybe i did it wrong. i just put 10 drops in the KR808 then use taryn spin then add another 10 drops and spin again. then i wipe it then put in the o ring and white cap and im all set.
with the greencigs i use the syringe 23 drops every time and it very simple and clean once you do it few times. and after i use the greencig carto for a bit i will add a few drops thru the battery end until it stops sucking in fast. Good luck and listen to what Kelemvor said he is 100% correct. Thanks Kel

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Thanks guys. Great advice. I will try the syringe. Do you use a particular gauge needle?

Yes only guage that goe sin easier is 22g 1 1/2. Its just the right size. but remember try putting it in on a angle cause as soon as you go in you are going to hit something. so when you do just pull back a hair and try again at diff angle. if it keeps hitting keep trying. eventually it will go.
Good luck

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
yup....the 22 1/2 syringe worked really well for me too. Trick is as stated beofre....don't force it or you';; break the atty heating wire. Just gently fiddle around with it until you find the correct angle. Then put a spin on it and your good to go!

When I first got them I tried that cart mod method that I saw somewhere else on the forum and it did not work well for me. Plus....after sacrificing a carto for an autopsy I realized there was no reason to even do it. I bought the vanilla cartos because I figure most anything I put in after that will taste fine. And the flavor out of the box was excellant anyway. I am hoping Drew will get some of the oriental because it sounds really good too!

Here is something I found in the autopsy that might be of interst to everyone.....the reason I was getting that nasty "burnt" taste after trying the cart mod refill method was because I had put TOO MUCH juice in and then not replaced the inner cart correctly which restricted the airflow. So what I had was a bunch of glazed juice all over the atty fibers. At first it looked like the fibers were burnt...but I held them in a flame and the juice glaze literally combusted (poof!....visible flame...left behind a fine gray ash) and the fibers did glow red a little.....but once it cooled they were just like new...they did not melt or char at all. So I'm happy with this product! It just takes some getting used to as far as refilling goes. I did write to Nhaler and asked for their advice but got told "we do not recommend refilling cartomizers". whatever....I'm happy with these greencigs and I will continue to use them over KR8's in the future. I'll try and get some decent photos if anyone is intersted to see what they look like inside.

Happy Vaping!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread