protovapor xpv

Status
Not open for further replies.

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
This is how it should be done. Communication and QC. Some companies should learn from this.

Protovapor said:
Shipping delay

As of this posting, we unfortunately have about a 1-2 day shipping delay on top of the lead time for XPV devices. As this is a groundbreaking new product and we are early in the first production run, quality control testing requires more time than previous devices and as a result it takes significantly longer to complete each unit. Our method has allowed us to catch most issues before the units are shipped, and as a result we have a low user problem rate, which we feel is worth taking the extra time for. However, this has put us behind schedule by a couple of days. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

As before shipping delays apply to all unshipped orders from the time of announcement.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
My order is still processing; I ordered it on Tuesday. I wasn't super excited whenever they posted that to the site, but I can't argue with that. Especially when popping over to the dna 40 thread, and seeing some of the issues people are having with the Vapor Flask. If it eliminates or significantly reduces the chance my mod will have issues, I'll patiently wait another couple days.

Well, maybe not patiently. I'll be checking the status several times a day, but I can accept a delay of a day or two.

BOOM!

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
My order is still processing; I ordered it on Tuesday. I wasn't super excited whenever they posted that to the site, but I can't argue with that. Especially when popping over to the DNA 40 thread, and seeing some of the issues people are having with the Vapor Flask. If it eliminates or significantly reduces the chance my mod will have issues, I'll patiently wait another couple days.

Well, maybe not patiently. I'll be checking the status several times a day, but I can accept a delay of a day or two.

BOOM!

Agreed... I put my order in Oct 31. Have heard nothing #1348. "Processing".

I've had my Flask40 for a couple weeks and ZERO issues btw. It was one of the first ordered at Hyperion, I was f5'ing at 4pm 10/4 and got my order confirmed at 4:01.

The only issues I've heard about the Flask on DNA threads was about the design: up / down buttons not uniform, batt tubes are glove fitting, and something else but all minor and if it was DNA40 chip related, there's that but not for me.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I've read a few posts mentioning the new coil detection not working correctly or showing temp control with kanthal.

Mine is order 1356. Yours should be shipping pretty soon, if the lead times are accurate.

BOOM!

I live in Hawaii, although I happily paid the tax ($10 and change) for mine (with the base to stand up), I do know it could be possibly shipped in the afternoon, and arrive the next day (from Honlulu to Kauai). wooot.

couple of BTW's:
I find a dual coil RDA with single coil setup gives maxi-vapor clouds, and...
Love how the dna40 lets you vape every last bit of moisture out of the coil, get voluminous vapor, and not burn the wick.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
For the new atty? prompt. Up is scroll toward you and down is scroll away.

Change temp is not much different than a button model, instead of holding both buttons down to get into temp settings, you simply push the wheel down (like a button).

Then settings of watts and temp, instead of having a button for up and a button for down, you just change the direction you are scrolling in.

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
I have an older xpv dna 20 - its been great but the older style 510 connection has gotten a bit loose.
Has anyone attempted the 'self install' option of the updated 510 ?
Also - the newer style 510 appears to be one of the same types offered by Fat Daddy Vapes for 5-6 bucks as opposed to Protovapors 25-30 bucks ...
The Fat Daddy 510's even come w / a tab to solder to as opposed to having to solder to the side of a nut as described in the Protovapors self install instructions.
Any reason one could not just order the Fat Daddy 510 & have at it ?

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
I have an older xpv dna 20 - its been great but the older style 510 connection has gotten a bit loose.
Has anyone attempted the 'self install' option of the updated 510 ?
Also - the newer style 510 appears to be one of the same types offered by Fat Daddy Vapes for 5-6 bucks as opposed to Protovapors 25-30 bucks ...
The Fat Daddy 510's even come w / a tab to solder to as opposed to having to solder to the side of a nut as described in the Protovapors self install instructions.
Any reason one could not just order the Fat Daddy 510 & have at it ?

Yes u can use a FD 510 ... Looks like a pretty straight up swap But remember, if u nuke ur device u have only urself to blame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carbonbegone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Indy
Thanks, if I 'nuke' it ... I'd likely grab a VS DNA 40 & call it a day.
I asked protovapor about updating to 40 & the 510 upgrade - the estimate I received was in the neighborhood of 160 bucks !!
Geez, I like the device & all but a VS w / dna 40 is only another 30 bucks ( replaceable battery ! ) & I'd also have the PV unit as another spare.
They made it an easy choice.

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
Thanks, if I 'nuke' it ... I'd likely grab a VS DNA 40 & call it a day.
I asked protovapor about updating to 40 & the 510 upgrade - the estimate I received was in the neighborhood of 160 bucks !!
Geez, I like the device & all but a VS w / dna 40 is only another 30 bucks ( replaceable battery ! ) & I'd also have the PV unit as another spare.
They made it an easy choice.
Is the DNA board glued in the XPV?

If not, it shouldn't be a problem to fix it yourself, or get someone close to you to fix it pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread