ProVape/Provarinati collaboration - Help pick a new design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Okay, I hate to whine. No, I don't. Kidding aside, any word? Husband's starting to ask about birthday presents. New red ProVari's out of the financial running but the end cap isn't? Any word?

I've been reading through, but there's a LOT to go through... What was the final design idea?

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I've been reading through, but there's a LOT to go through... What was the final design idea?

This has been a fun collaboration with all of you.
gif-simon's-cat-hedgehog-400584.gif

I know I said I was going to let this run for two weeks, but I don't really feel this is necessary any more. Enough people have liked this design or some variation of it. So this cap, with Lumen Sees Totus engraved on the edge will be our submission to ProVape. Now Ocelot, Kenny and I have to figure out who will be getting the image ready for submittal. :)
sunburst_smaller.jpg

Donations split 50/50, with half going to CASAA, and the other half going to Wounded Warrior Project.

*The only concern I have is that ProVape might balk at having a date on it. These could be hard to sell in 2015, 16, etc. On the other hand, they could be quite collectable, depending on how many ProVape makes. Also, it would be nice if ProVape makes this a yearly fan project, which will let us go back and revisit other designs. I expect I'll be making a Pre-order thread to gauge how many of these we'll need.

I also need suggestions for engraving the sides of the extended cap, if ProVape lets us have both standard and extended cap options. :D

J.R.........

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
I'm still a fan of putting "Made in the USA" on the edge...

So long as it's on the edge (and not on the face), I think it's a good idea. I could also live without the year being on there. Unless they're going to come up with a new top cap for us every year, there's really no reason to have 2014 on there. Just my opinion.

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
This has been a fun collaboration with all of you.
gif-simon's-cat-hedgehog-400584.gif

I know I said I was going to let this run for two weeks, but I don't really feel this is necessary any more. Enough people have liked this design or some variation of it. So this cap, with Lumen Sees Totus engraved on the edge will be our submission to ProVape. Now Ocelot, Kenny and I have to figure out who will be getting the image ready for submittal. :)
sunburst_smaller.jpg

Donations split 50/50, with half going to CASAA, and the other half going to Wounded Warrior Project.

*The only concern I have is that ProVape might balk at having a date on it. These could be hard to sell in 2015, 16, etc. On the other hand, they could be quite collectable, depending on how many ProVape makes. Also, it would be nice if ProVape makes this a yearly fan project, which will let us go back and revisit other designs. I expect I'll be making a Pre-order thread to gauge how many of these we'll need.

I also need suggestions for engraving the sides of the extended cap, if ProVape lets us have both standard and extended cap options. :D

It would be nice if they could do a limited batch with the date and the rest without.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
As someone who probably won't be buying a P3, I hope they make a 2.5 extended cap version of this. Otherwise I'd be buying one just to keep it in a drawer.

The ProVari rings are on sale, if you or anyone is interested in that option.

Welcome to Cigtechs - Quality electronic cigarettes

As I'm sure you know, they work with any standard end cap and extend the device to the next battery size.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
The ProVari rings are on sale, if you or anyone is interested in that option.

Welcome to Cigtechs - Quality electronic cigarettes

As I'm sure you know, they work with any standard end cap and extend the device to the next battery size.

These Tatroe rings work really good. I have one on my Mini with a leather sleeve that lets the end cap stick out the bottom just enough to change the battery. The spider end cap looks pretty good, but I'm looking forward to the Provarinati cap.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
HEY!!! THEY DID IT!!!

I guess this thread was forgotten, even though this is where it started (?), but Provarinati caps are available NOW.

There's one for the P3, too, but no extension cap...

390989d1416537037t-official-provari-3-thread-p3-provarinaticap.jpg

Here's where a post was made about it, over in the P3 thread, with a mention about where donations will go...

Looks great, but the lack of an extension cap for the 2.5 is pretty weak. I don't even own any batteries that aren't 18650.

Edit - Just realized I could use a Tatroe ring with this. /facepalm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread