ProVari and Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Ok all you Provari lovers...

This time the question is less about looks, But more about what you vape when no one is looking.

I am looking to try some new toppers and need input based on pure performance.

OK, lets keep this fun and name that beautiful but oh so ugly topper!!!

There are no wrong answers, so please guys no fighting!!!

Oh right, Thanks and vape On!!!

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Ok all you Provari lovers...

This time the question is less about looks, But more about what you vape when no one is looking.

I am looking to try some new toppers and need input based on pure performance.

OK, lets keep this fun and name that beautiful but oh so ugly topper!!!

There are no wrong answers, so please guys no fighting!!!

Oh right, Thanks and Vape On!!!

I am using vaperfexion toppers on mine all the time.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I still like my Vivi Novas too... I also use cheap 510 bridgeless atomizers all the time for dripping.

I keep finding myself looking at the Ithaka Clone on fast tech... I had an Odysseus at one point that I really liked... If I ever decide I want to fart around with RBA's again, I'll probably pick one up...

9 times out of 10 though, it's my trusty Boge cartomizers, and ProTank 2's...

Oh, and when NOBODY is looking... I also have a Lavatube V2.5 from Volcano that I use... :D It doesn't vape anywhere near as good as a ProVari, but I like to mix it up a bit from time to time... To remind myself why the ProVari is so awesome

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
This isn't exactly relevant, since VVV has closed and you can't buy it, but the economy tank is my guilty pleasure. I haven't used it awhile, since my favorite flavor migrated to a different tank, but works great, was super cheap and I love the side fill screw! Unfortunately, in my opinion, it's less than attractive.

bleminivvv.jpg

It looks extra special on Bobo.

vvvtank.jpg

I don't know yet who Ray sold his business to, but he did sell it, so these little puppies should pop-up again at some point. Texas Tuff Tanks™ are along the same lines (Vape Dudes distributed Ray's tanks before ripping him off copying and trademarking a "similar" design), but I seem to recall they are the kind Ray made with caps instead of the annoying slippery grommets on my tank.

ETA: I also use Protanks, but I vape unflavored in them, since I think they mute taste.

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I still like my Vivi Novas too... I also use cheap 510 bridgeless atomizers all the time for dripping.

I keep finding myself looking at the Ithaka Clone on fast tech... I had an Odysseus at one point that I really liked... If I ever decide I want to fart around with RBA's again, I'll probably pick one up...

9 times out of 10 though, it's my trusty Boge cartomizers, and ProTank 2's...

Oh, and when NOBODY is looking... I also have a Lavatube V2.5 from Volcano that I use... :D It doesn't vape anywhere near as good as a ProVari, but I like to mix it up a bit from time to time... To remind myself why the ProVari is so awesome

Is it Boge that makes the really large cartos?

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I was disappointed that VVV went out of business... I always wanted one of their deluxe pyrex sidewinders. :/ I guess in the vaping world, better get it while the getting is good. So much great stuff just goes away...

Remember the Puresmoker Legacy? That thing was great! And they just vanished all of a sudden too... POOF!

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
This isn't exactly relevant, since VVV has closed and you can't buy it, but the economy tank is my guilty pleasure. I haven't used it awhile, since my favorite flavor migrated to a different tank, but works great, was super cheap and I love the side fill screw! Unfortunately, in my opinion, it's less than attractive.

What does it have for a atty?

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
You mean the Mega cartos? I think those are Joyetech cartos. Boge makes standard (35mm) and XL (45mm)... They also make a flanged carto they call the F16 which is made for their F16 tank, it's not the same diameter as a 510 carto so it's not a direct replacement for the smoketech flanged cartos. Proprietary crap...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
What does it have for a atty?

It's a carto tank.

ETA: It came with a Boge, which I continued to buy from Ray out of habit, but I got to where I didn't like them. I think the last one that was in it was an IKV Platinum. The tank's strong points are the side fill screw and that it's thick polypro, which you can throw onto concrete and all it will do is bounce.

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
It's a carto tank.

ETA: It came with a Boge, which I continued to buy from Ray out of habit, but I got to where I didn't like them. I think the last one that was in it was an IKV Platinum. The tank's strong points are the side fill screw and that it's thick polypro, which you can throw onto concrete and all it will do is bounce.

Hmm, Well I'm not going to pretend I know anything about this, I have never used a cartomizer or tank, and I know even less of the lingo, I do however like the HH357 atomizers, but I hear cartos are diffrent... Guess I am wanting to try a cartotank too, just looking to expand my experiences with things.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Hmm, Well I'm not going to pretend I know anything about this, I have never used a cartomizer or tank, and I know even less of the lingo, I do however like the HH357 atomizers, but I hear cartos are diffrent... Guess I am wanting to try a cartotank too, just looking to expand my experiences with things.

I didn't realize you hadn't tried a carto tank. It is my overall go to device with the ProVari, although I'm using a Protank a lot, because they are easy to fill and my juice is supposed to be flavorless.

In my opinion for taste, the first is dripping and bottom-feeders (which are essentially dripping upside down), then carto tanks, then everything else. From what I have heard, RBAs/RDAs are what people rave about for taste these days, but I have no interest in wrapping wires. (Please people, don't tell me how easy they are to do, etc., I've heard it, I understand what you're saying, there are reasons I don't do certain things, which I'm not going into.)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Too much information alert:

The liquid in a carto is held in batting/filler material, wrapped around a heat coil. In a carto tank, the tank is just a tube to hold more liquid and a carto is inside of the tank. The carto has hole(s) punched into it allowing the liquid to be wicked into the batting/filler where it comes in contact with the heat coil and produces vapor.

320px-Cartomizer.jpg

cartomiseurs-dc-2-5-ohms-liquinator-.jpg
(the hole is so it can be used in a tank)

Carto Tank

atomizer-catomizer-with-tank-3.jpg

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I didn't realize you hadn't tried a carto tank. It is my overall go to device with the ProVari, although I'm using a Protank a lot, because they are easy to fill and my juice is supposed to be flavorless.

In my opinion for taste, the first is dripping and bottom-feeders (which are essentially dripping upside down), then carto tanks, then everything else. From what I have heard, RBAs/RDAs are what people rave about for taste these days, but I have no interest in wrapping wires. (Please people, don't tell me how easy they are to do, etc., I've heard it, I understand what you're saying, there are reasons I don't do certain things, which I'm not going into.)

Ah, Yes... I have looked into the bottom feeders (Thank you for reminding me) and I like the idea and need to buy one to try.

Have an RSST in the mail somewhere out there from slowtech (been over a month) to try out and see if I like the genesis style attys.

Hmm, So cartos in your opinion are a lil further down the line in taste?

Too much information alert:

The liquid in a carto is held in batting/filler material, wrapped around a heat coil. In a carto tank, the tank is just a tube to hold more liquid and a carto is inside of the tank. The carto has hole(s) punched into it allowing the liquid to be wicked into the batting/filler where it comes in contact with the heat coil and produces vapor.

320px-Cartomizer.jpg

cartomiseurs-dc-2-5-ohms-liquinator-.jpg
(the hole is so it can be used in a tank)

Carto Tank

atomizer-catomizer-with-tank-3.jpg

No such thing in my opinion as to much info, I love it... Thank you, I really appreciate it!!!

And I will still try some carto tanks. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Ah, Yes... I have looked into the bottom feeders (Thank you for reminding me) and I like the idea and need to buy one to try.

Have an RSST in the mail somewhere out there from slowtech (been over a month) to try out and see if I like the genesis style attys.

Hmm, So cartos in your opinion are a lil further down the line in taste?

No such thing in my opinion as to much info, I love it... Thank you, I really appreciate it!!!

And I will still try some carto tanks. :)

Dripping and bottom-feeders are by far the most flavorful. However, dripping can be inconvenient and bottom-feeders required buying another device (I think the jury is still out on the Aurora). Certainly there are people who don't like carto tanks, but how many times have you seen IBTanks mentioned in this sub-forum? It should tell you something.

ETA: Baditude has a blog that goes into more depth about carto tanks, and he and I both have blogs about filling cartos for tanks (we do it differently).

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Dripping and bottom-feeders are by far the most flavorful. However, dripping can be inconvenient and bottom-feeders required buying another device (I think the jury is still out on the Aurora). Certainly there are people who don't like carto tanks, but how many times have you seen IBTanks mentioned in this sub-forum? It should tell you something.

Lmao, Yeah I um, Dislike dripping... But love the flavor.

Ah yes, the Aurora... I forgot the name of the device, TY, you are most helpful. :)

Um, What's an IBTank... also what do you like for cartos? :unsure: (Looking up IBTanks) :p

Ok... took a quick look

ST-filler-tool.jpg
Found this for filling

Thank you so much Ocelot!!!

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Lmao, Yeah I um, Dislike dripping... But love the flavor.

Ah yes, the Aurora... I forgot the name of the device, TY, you are most helpful. :)

Um, What's an IBTank... also what do you like for cartos? :unsure: (Looking up IBTanks) :p

Thank you so much Ocelot!!!

I like the flavor of carto tanks. I don't know why they are are more flavorful than clearos, but many of us feel they are. And once you get the hang of priming cartos (which really isn't hard), you just fill up the tank and you're good to go. That was a big deal when there weren't so many clearos on the market and none of them were glass (a must for people who vape juices that react to polycarb).

IBTanks are popular because they are glass, very well made and a good value. Phiniac tanks are also a favorite of many, but I think they cost more. These are IBTanks:

s2zm.jpg
cq4l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread