The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
ST-filler-tool.jpg

Found this for filling

I've never tried one of those. I use a Slap Yo' Mama as a tank tool. The side holes on the one pictured look interesting, but Baditude pointed out that it doesn't look like that device could be used to insert a carto. The purpose of a SYM is similar, in that you put it into the carto when you refill the tank to keep liquid from getting down into the carto itself, but it's also for inserting cartos into a tank to begin with, so the edge of the carto doesn't cut the o-ring on the tank.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Ah ok I see Ocelot, TY... What brand of cartos do you like?

I like Smoktech. I'm still not sure if I like IKV (IKenVape), but people rave about them. Boge is the other popular brand. Like anything else in vaping, it comes down to personal preference.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I like Smoktech. I'm still not sure if I like IKV (IKenVape), but people rave about them. Boge is the other popular brand. Like anything else in vaping, it comes down to personal preference.

That's all I'm looking for is personal opinions... Some people get very offended over others personal opinions, but I find them very useful tools in deciding what I will purchase and try, also a negative opinion never stops me from trying something, It only makes me ask more questions.

So with that I guess I'm off to do some shopping, I shall try a few SmokTech, IKV and Boge cartos for now... not to sure I like the look of the IBTanks I am seeing just yet, But the glass my be the selling point on theses for me (Looks for green glass) since I do like acidic juices.

Thank you again for your opinions and also all the info Ocelot!!!

P.S. LOL @ "Slap Yo' Mama"... :laugh:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
That's all I'm looking for is personal opinions... Some people get very offended over others personal opinions, but I find them very useful tools in deciding what I will purchase and try, also a negative opinion never stops me from trying something, It only makes me ask more questions.

So with that I guess I'm off to do some shopping, I shall try a few SmokTech, IKV and Boge cartos for now... not to sure I like the look of the IBTanks I am seeing just yet, But the glass my be the selling point on theses for me (Looks for green glass) since I do like acidic juices.

Thank you again for your opinions and also all the info Ocelot!!!

P.S. LOL @ "Slap Yo' Mama"... :laugh:

Slap Yo' Mama is from Big Daddy Vapor. Lol!

The IBTanks are clear pryex-type glass, unless you add color, like the stripes on a couple of the ones in my picture. They look green from a combo of the juice inside and the lighting.

ETA: This is my method of "Hot Swapping," which is putting in a new carto without pouring out the juice. The tank pictured is an IBTanked and it will give you an idea of how a SYM tool is used. There is a sticker on the tank in the first picture, that's what the ribbon thing is.

Last edited:

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Another vote for a cartotank setup as my main delivery system. I prefer Ikenvape cartos over Smoktech, Standard resistance over low resistance. Haven't tried Boge cartos yet. I have several IBTanked tanks and they all work exactly as designed, I have never had one leak. I also have a tank from Loki Labs that I really like (also glass). The Ocelot and Baditude have been invaluable sources of information for me on how to best select and use cartotanks.

I recently ordered a Sophia RBA to try inside my tanks. It's my first foray into RBAs, and I picked the Sophia because of the rave reviews here (and elsewhere), the fact that I can use it with my tanks, and pre-made coils are available for it so I can ease my way into making my own coils - or not, as the case may be.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Though i'm really a RBA guy, i also feel the need to have some disposable stuff around.
Just to be sure that i always have something at hand that is ready to vape, no matter
how busy or lazy i feel.
They don't see my Provari though, but firmly stay on my backup-mods... my MVPs and Egos.
For me the current disposable of choice is the Aspire BDC, before that it was the protank II.
Still keep the protank around though, cause it's kinda fun to recoil.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Okay, so I have been doing the RBA thing for a while now. My journey has led me to micro-coiling and cotton.

Here are my current favorite toppers (RSSTs) perched upon the ProVarii. The rings are simple Tatroes.

IMAG0742_1_zps14e8b2f6.jpg

Here is the coil setup, which is the magic of these RBAs. I have used both the fill port and the wick port so that the wick can keep up with this awesome, bad-..., vapor-kicking coil. A single wick port was simply inadequate.

IMAG0803_1_zpsd4e543d8.jpg

See what I mean, look at the vapor fly! This micro-coil is 2.0 ohms, fired at 4 volts. The vapor is smooth and not in the least bit burned. Pure, thick, rich, awesome vapor. The RSST I built it in was 30 dollars.

IMAG0799_1_zpsda433c97.jpg

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I'm only just getting into making my own coils, etc and playing around with resistances on them to see which i like, but the Kayfun Lite & Aga undoubtedly give much better flavour over protanks / vivis, etc for me as does the trident for dripping. Saying that, i dont (yet) use them as often as i do my carto tank or my protank 2.

In terms of ugly, my smok carto tank looks terrible but will get used less once my new one arrives from IBTanked :)

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
I was disappointed that VVV went out of business... I always wanted one of their deluxe pyrex sidewinders. :/ I guess in the vaping world, better get it while the getting is good. So much great stuff just goes away...

Remember the Puresmoker Legacy? That thing was great! And they just vanished all of a sudden too... POOF!

Poof is right.

I have a Legacy and use it every week in my rotation. Very good mod, not great but very good.
So someone tried to use Energizer batteries in one of their mods and had an accident. Lawsuit entailed. See link provided.

Here is what happened to Puresmoker: Courthouse News Service

I think Cash has started a new business under a different name but not sure of the details. Would be interested if anyone has some new information to provide.

jetcity

Keeper of the Provari Ω
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Washington
Everyone is probably sick of hearing me talk about the Loki Lab tank... but I LOVE it! It's a nice looking carto tank and has great airflow cutouts on the bottom so you can use it with your beauty rings. The pyrex glass is super thick just like the Phiniac's. I use Boge cartos but I'm going to try some of the others just to see if I like them better. :)

DSC_0776_zps7f60c3ea.jpg

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Poof is right.

I have a Legacy and use it every week in my rotation. Very good mod, not great but very good.
So someone tried to use Energizer batteries in one of their mods and had an accident. Lawsuit entailed. See link provided.

I think Cash has started a new business under a different name but not sure of the details. Would be interested if anyone has some new information to provide.

What a shame. I knew it was something to do with a lawsuit after someone got hurt, but hadn't seen the story yet. I feel bad that the guy got hurt, but it's pretty obvious it was not a product defect. Hard to argue that though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Everyone is probably sick of hearing me talk about the Loki Lab tank... but I LOVE it! It's a nice looking carto tank and has great airflow cutouts on the bottom so you can use it with your beauty rings. The pyrex glass is super thick just like the Phiniac's. I use Boge cartos but I'm going to try some of the others just to see if I like them better. :)

DSC_0776_zps7f60c3ea.jpg

I also love my Loki Labs tank and ring setup. The tank is solid, both the ss endcaps and the glass (have you noticed how much more substantial both are as compared to the IBTs?). Of course you have to go and show it off on that polished mini just to taunt me.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that my Ikenvape cartos don't work so well with the Loki tank. I use the IKV 510 Fusion Punch cartos, and due to a combination of the placement of the side holes on the carto and the thickness of the Loki's bottom end cap, the side air holes are partially covered, making for a VERY tight draw (and once I swear I actually dried out an otherwise well-primed carto). I'm going to order some of the slotted Ikenvape cartos to try out in the Loki tank, the larger slots (versus small holes) might solve that problem. Note also that I did not have this issue when using smoktech cartos, since their side air holes are placed slightly higher on the carto.

jetcity

Keeper of the Provari Ω
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Washington
Hopefully you will get a polished soon!! :D

Yes, there's no comparison between the Loki and IBT. I have the SnP tank too (I thought it would be my favorite) but I prefer the Loki over that one too. The glass on the SnP is super thin... I already broke one, probably the reason you get two extras. :)

That's good to know about the IKV cartos because this is my daily tank. I currently use the 2 hole laser punch Boge's and the holes are well above the bottom cap so no issues with them. I did try the Boge slotted but my liquid isn't thick enough for those. I had major flooding and leaking. I gave them to my daughter because her liquid is thicker and they worked great for her! I haven't tried the smoketech's yet.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Ok all you Provari lovers...

This time the question is less about looks, But more about what you vape when no one is looking.

I am looking to try some new toppers and need input based on pure performance.

OK, lets keep this fun and name that beautiful but oh so ugly topper!!!

There are no wrong answers, so please guys no fighting!!!

Oh right, Thanks and Vape On!!!

Taste: +1 HH.357 or any 510 dripper. The eBaron Pro is really good too and it holds about twice as much juice as the HH.357

Consistency: +1 ΣΟΦΙΑ by Leo RBA type vape, close to dripper taste and consistent like carto tank setups.

Carto Tank tools: +1 Slap Yo' Mama or Refilling Drip Tip from IBTanked. The one you posted is ok to filling but not for protecting o-rings while inserting cartos or for doing Ocelot's carto change flip.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire

DSC_0776_zps7f60c3ea.jpg

I'm not normally a fan of the polished look, but yours looks great :) I really like it combined with the gold.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Poof is right.

I was aware of the lawsuit, but Oh My Freaking God!

After buying the proper batteries from a (nonparty) RadioShack the next day, "Phillip Hahn was using the Prodigy energized by the Enercell batteries at his residence when the Enercell batteries inside the Prodigy suddenly and unexpectedly exploded," the complaint states.

Enercel batteries??????????????? Does Radio Shack sell batteries that can be used in mods?

ETA: "Batteries" Plural.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread