Status
Not open for further replies.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
He now has a very nice B&M in downtown Nashville. I haven't been in yet--but have heard good things from those who have. If you want to contact him the name of the store is VOL Vapor. I have heard he still carries some of the same products that he had on the internet.

I was disappointed that VVV went out of business... I always wanted one of their deluxe pyrex sidewinders. :/ I guess in the vaping world, better get it while the getting is good. So much great stuff just goes away...

Remember the Puresmoker Legacy? That thing was great! And they just vanished all of a sudden too... POOF!

Last edited:

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I posted this in a different thread but will post here as well in case you don't see that one. He has a B&M here in downtown Nashville- name is Vol Vapor. I have heard nice things about the store but haven't been in yet. I think it opened late summer. Have heard he does carry some of the same products i.e. juice etc., that he had on the internet.

Poof is right.

I have a Legacy and use it every week in my rotation. Very good mod, not great but very good.
So someone tried to use Energizer batteries in one of their mods and had an accident. Lawsuit entailed. See link provided.

Here is what happened to Puresmoker: Courthouse News Service

I think Cash has started a new business under a different name but not sure of the details. Would be interested if anyone has some new information to provide.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
You convinced me to purchase one of those tanks and I love it! It looks great and works better than any other I have used! Love it and thinking about purchasing one more! Thanks for the info--and love your polished silver with the gold!! Want that too--LOL

Everyone is probably sick of hearing me talk about the Loki Lab tank... but I LOVE it! It's a nice looking carto tank and has great airflow cutouts on the bottom so you can use it with your beauty rings. The pyrex glass is super thick just like the Phiniac's. I use Boge cartos but I'm going to try some of the others just to see if I like them better. :)

DSC_0776_zps7f60c3ea.jpg

Telly R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Vape Room, NC
You convinced me to purchase one of those tanks and I love it! It looks great and works better than any other I have used! Love it and thinking about purchasing one more! Thanks for the info--and love your polished silver with the gold!! Want that too--LOL

That is a very nice rig... Loki tank and beauty ring... on a polished provari - awesome ensemble!

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
He now has a very nice B&M in downtown Nashville. I haven't been in yet--but have heard good things from those who have. If you want to contact him the name of the store is VOL Vapor. I have heard he still carries some of the same products that he had on the internet.

Yeah, I saw pics of the new place on Yelp... Looks pretty nice

I also heard he is using the same juices sold by Puresmoker under a different brand name, which is cool... And they will also mix custom stuff on site at their juice bar. Just what I read...

Heck, you live in Brentwood, you should check it out! I lived in Hermitage for a while... I would go if I was still there :) We've considered moving back to the Nashville area, but I'm not moving when it's cold... Too big a shock from Hawaii weather to Nashville this time of year :) Maybe this summer...

BulletStopper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Kentucky

I also heard he is using the same juices sold by Puresmoker under a different brand name, which is cool... And they will also mix custom stuff on site at their juice bar. Just what I read...

Heck, you live in Brentwood, you should check it out! I lived in Hermitage for a while... I would go if I was still there :) We've considered moving back to the Nashville area, but I'm not moving when it's cold... Too big a shock from Hawaii weather to Nashville this time of year :) Maybe this summer...

My mech, that I replaced with my Provari is a Legacy. It was definitely well made. I really enjoyed Puresmokers cigar flavor. It just wasn't kind to Protanks - gummed up the wicks in 2 - 3 days.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I do plan to go in--just haven't made it yet. We love this area --I am originally from Knoxville, but moved all over the place after I married. We were excited when we had the opportunity to come back to middle Tennessee in '95 and have been here since. We have had fairly mild weather in winter the last few years. No snow!! I love winter so I would like more cold and snow Nov-January--then on to spring. I have visited Hawaii many times and can understand why you want to stay there!

jetcity

Keeper of the Provari Ω
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Washington

I'm happy to hear you love it too! :D I'm going to have to buy another one or three... my provari's keep multiplying! :facepalm:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

I thought that was the place. I read the name in the Vets forum, but I wasn't sure it was the same people.

ETA: Actually, their site is live: VolVapor

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
LOL, WoW everyone!!!

Thankz for all the awesome responses, Just when I thought I couldn't get overwhelmed by vaping again... I love it!!!

I think I have a few "new" vapes to try out now, I love the flavor in my HH357's (Hate dripping) and my protanks are on a shelf again (Love Hate Thing) I have rebuilt the aspire heads with dual nano coils and the protanks also with nano's and micro's, I like rebuilding... But I'm always open to new and exciting things.

Only question I really have at this point is... CartoTanks... I love glass and will go no other way, But aside from that is there really a difference in brands aside from filling features, size, looks & end cap materials??? Guess what I'm asking is what's more important the "Tank" or the "Carto"?

Thanks for all your help guys!!! Vape On!!!

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Ohh, you know WHAT!

If you love the flavor of dripping, but hate the "dripping" part of it... And you're looking for something to top the ProVari, and not getting a whole new mod like a REO (Not that a REO would be a bad thing!) Then YOU should check THIS out!

AMP Tank - Avid Vaper

The AMP Tank! It's a thing of beauty... Not cheap at $119, but very cool... You can pop your HH.357 in there, load it up with juice, and now you have all the flavor of an HH.357, with the convenience of a tank! I haven't used one personally, but everything I have read about them suggests they are mighty fine indeed.

There has to be some info around here somewhere about them, but I am too lazy to search the forums right now :D

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Ohh, you know WHAT!

If you love the flavor of dripping, but hate the "dripping" part of it... And you're looking for something to top the ProVari, and not getting a whole new mod like a REO (Not that a REO would be a bad thing!) Then YOU should check THIS out!

AMP Tank - Avid Vaper

The AMP Tank! It's a thing of beauty... Not cheap at $119, but very cool... You can pop your HH.357 in there, load it up with juice, and now you have all the flavor of an HH.357, with the convenience of a tank! I haven't used one personally, but everything I have read about them suggests they are mighty fine indeed.

There has to be some info around here somewhere about them, but I am too lazy to search the forums right now :D

Holy Bat Crap... Now that's @#$%ing Awesome!!! (Scrambles off to find credit card) Thanks Man!!!

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Guess what I'm asking is what's more important the "Tank" or the "Carto"?

Most definitely the carto...

All a tank does is look pretty and contain the juice around the punched hole in your cartomizer... I have heard people saying that they can tell a difference between the flavor of their juice in a glass tank compared to a polycarbonate or acrylic tank, but it is probably minor... If you're set on having only glass tanks then the differences won't matter...

The long and short... If you use a crappy carto, you get crappy results... A tank is a tank is a tank...

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
:banana::vapor:

YES!! When you get it, you have got to let us in on how awesome it is! I've been eye balling these things for a while now!

Hmmm, Trying to see if there is a replacement top cap, I want a second one so I have a spare, I'm going to drill one of the top caps and use a tap & die set and tap out some threads and use a threaded filler cap... Or I will just wait and buy a cap already done, Just need to get that inner glass diameter first, to bad the air hole doesn't have a screw adjustment on the base like the Russian.

Hahaha, I'm such a fiddler:p

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Guess what I'm asking is what's more important the "Tank" or the "Carto"?

The carto. or the RTA(if you go the diver, killer, sophia route).

Some of the guys have been talking about non glass tanks muting flavor but not an issue for you since you'll only use glass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Most definitely the carto...

All a tank does is look pretty and contain the juice around the punched hole in your cartomizer... I have heard people saying that they can tell a difference between the flavor of their juice in a glass tank compared to a polycarbonate or acrylic tank, but it is probably minor... If you're set on having only glass tanks then the differences won't matter...

The long and short... If you use a crappy carto, you get crappy results... A tank is a tank is a tank...

Yeah that's what I thought, Thanks for confirming!!!

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
The carto. or the RTA(if you go the diver, killer, sophia route).

Some of the guys have been talking about non glass tanks muting flavor but not an issue for you since you'll only use glass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, Yes the Sophia looks um, Kinda promising.

Thankz guyz!!!

ETA: Ok, watched a few videos, Seems like just another wick and coil system to me with a flow control and a choked flow venturi, Nothing I can't do in a protank really, and I have made and incorporated a choke device that works as a venturi under all my drip tips...

(Venturi) Relationship between pressure and flow speed...
An equation for the drop in pressure due to the Venturi effect can be derived from a combination of Bernoulli's principle and the continuity equation. Using Bernoulli's equation in the special case of in compressible flows (such as the flow of water or other liquid, or as in this case, a low speed flow of gas).
a71608f0f41473679c7dce52f525d232.png

Ok, enough of that nonsense...

This is the more important and also fun part... Choked Flow and Sonic Velocity

The limiting case of the Venturi effect is when a fluid reaches the state of choked flow, where the fluid velocity approaches the local speed of sound. In choked flow the mass flow rate will not increase with a further decrease in the downstream pressure environment. However, mass flow rate for a compressible fluid can increase with increased upstream pressure, which will increase the "density" of the fluid through the constriction (though the velocity will remain constant). This is the principle of operation of a de Laval nozzle. Increasing source temperature will also increase the local sonic velocity, thus allowing for increased mass flow rate.

So Yeah, It's a very well thought out device with old technology, just a little late to the game for me, I don't know, maybe I should just design my own juice/vapor delivery system, I just think at this point a design closer to that of HH357 atty would make more sense, than a protank head (wick and coil) design. Hmmm, wonder if i can get a HH357 atty to fit in there.

It's all worth a try I guess... I still very much appreciate the post, Please forgive me, My real life calls for to much analyzation and problem solving and tends to spill over into my pastimes. I am a real life Zombie to the Machine!!!

Poor Zombie... (Working alone to much has effected his sanity):blink:

Last edited:

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Ohh, you know WHAT!

AMP Tank - Avid Vaper

Awwww, man. Whydjya have to go and post that? *pulls out wallet*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread