Provari issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
Hi ,
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. My unit is about 1 month old and every once in while using it i have noticed that I loose the ability to get vapor. Additionally I have noticed the volts reading on the LED screen has appeared when this happened. I also noticed the( -- )that appeared on a different occasion. This doesn't quite often but I find it annoying when things like this happen. That is the reason I purchased the Provari.

I contacted Provape and have been emailing back and forth but it takes hrs for them to respond and they aren't providing many options. They want me to send it back along with my tank and battery. Frankly I am disappointed that they don't a number that you can call and discuss.

I am vaping on a Russian 91% @ 1.8 OHM with the voltage set to 3.5 .

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so what was the fix other than returning the unit to them. Feeling rather annoyed at the moment.

jakematic

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Squonk Bottom Flats, NC
Hey Jake-

I'm running an identical setup but have my voltage set to 4.4.

Have seen a couple errors, including the --- and an E2 when I first started using the Russian.
My problem was the center pin was not dialed out far enough to make good contact.
After putting the ring on it had to be dialed out even more...

Try checking your ohms with a meter and the ProVari to see if they match.
My meter was showing 1,8 and the ProVari was showing something crazy high.

Edit: Just adjusted mine to 3.5 and it seems to work consistently.

Last edited:

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
Jake,

This has happened to me but it's not limited to the ProVari in my case. I had problems shutting off my 134 as well (3 clicks and it's off). Because I have had the happen on all my ProVaris I don't think it's a switch issue. I believe that I am either pushing in too slowly so that the contact reads multiple clicks, or that I am pushing in firmly enough, causing the same thing to happen. I have shaky hands/fingers too which probably exacerbates the issue.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Not to hijack the thread from Provari, but I have the same problem with a 134 in terms of it shutting itself off. I'm convinced it's from a light touch on the fire button being "read" as multiple contacts by the 134.

In terms of the Provari issue, make sure you have good, solid contact with the center pin as Jakematic mentioned. If it still happens, send it back to Provape for repair or replacement.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Try extending the 510 pin on the Russian a bit.

You hit it, get nothing, hit it again and again and jump into menu.

Several members have complained about Kayfun/Russian not firing on Provari - it is a contact issue.
Russian has an adjustable bottom screw so - not really an issue.

**Note - the pin is floaty(fine threading) and may need to be backed out each time the tank is removed/installed

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I think you are pressing the button too many times by taking multiple short draws in a row and the
ProVari is going to the menu...
Agree with this. This has occassionally happened to me. Completely a user error by myself by being lazy and not paying attention to my button presses.

I do recommend the isopropal alcohol cleansing of the positive battery contact inside the Provari as well as the 510 center pin at the connector. Noaloxx applied to the battery cap threading improves battery conductivity as the cap is part of the electrical circuit and can cause firing errors.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Hey Gato, the link in your post is for a thread related to juice.

:confused:

I'm getting a blog from EddardinWinter, entitled, "The Ritual of Cleansing and Anointing (ProVari Maintenance)"

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-cleansing-anointing-provari-maintenance.html

Basically get some isopropyl alcohol (the higher the %, the better), some Noalox or Ox-Gard (found in Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., in the electrical section), and some q-tips..

Then, get to work cleaning & reviving that thing.. Namely, threads, internal positive contact & the spring.. Heck, clean off those batteries & charger, too..

Odds are, the issues will disappear..

If not, then contact ProVape...

People need to maintain their gear, just as they would a car or bike or something...

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
The mystery continues. Cleaned all the contacts surfaces and put everything back together. Now I received the (PO) and the (--) on two different occasions. Pretty disappointed to have this issue with a month old Provari. It may be contact on the Russian but that would be even more aggravating. Something tells me that Provape is going to

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread