• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Provari vs Vamo, credits to gdeal and grimmtech

Vamo or provari?

• Vamo

• Provari

• other VV/VW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

78aukab

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Free advertising for mr fruity? Later he go order 1 container of provari to sell in +65

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

hahahaha.. one container sia.. LOL.. that if he is able to sell all, he can shake leg for the next 20 years.. LOL..

Vainkid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Stinkapore aka Sillypore
Free advertising for mr fruity? Later he go order 1 container of provari to sell in +65

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Wah if one container of provari sold in SG, he instant BEE TANG

kj-23121a_330_thumb.jpg

BillyTheWild

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Out of Nowhere
I probably will get flamed by saying this but, no offense to anyone, comparing a $30 (on fasttech) - $60 (most U.S. retail) Vamo to a almost $200 Provari is like comparing a Ford Focus to a Mercedes-Benz.

I just think that to say that a Porvari is "better" than a Vamo is pointless and borderline snobbish. They are different beasts that serve different vapers who have very different expectations and derive their vaping pleasure on many different levels and in many different ways. I think the Vamo is a great entry level device to anyone just want to get their feet wet in APV. Unless money is of no concern to a particular person, spending close to $200 on a device as your first ever APV is very risky to most people and it is not a good advice in my opinion.

I see this kind of comparison for just about every product and frankly it's rather annoying. I am into photography and I always see in forums that people say things like don't buy the xyz point-and-shoot, buy the $3000 abc DSLR instead and here are the 10 great reasons why you want a $3000 abc DSLR, blah, blah, blah. How many of you in this forum will spend $3000 USD on a camera even after reading the 10 great reasons? How many of you think that you are somehow missing out on some great photographic moments and enjoyments because you only have a $200 camera? How many of you feel that you are somewhat inferior because you only have a point-and-shoot instead of a DSLR? BTW, a Hasselblad DSLR system can set you back $20,000. Yes, that's right, it's not a typo, there are four 0's after the 2 and it's in US dollars.

Just saying.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
I probably will get flamed by saying this but, no offense to anyone, comparing a $30 (on FastTech) - $60 (most U.S. retail) Vamo to a almost $200 Provari is like comparing a Ford Focus to a Mercedes-Benz.

I just think that to say that a Porvari is "better" than a Vamo is pointless and borderline snobbish. They are different beasts that serve different vapers who have very different expectations and derive their vaping pleasure on many different levels and in many different ways. I think the Vamo is a great entry level device to anyone just want to get their feet wet in APV. Unless money is of no concern to a particular person, spending close to $200 on a device as your first ever APV is very risky to most people and it is not a good advice in my opinion.

I see this kind of comparison for just about every product and frankly it's rather annoying. I am into photography and I always see in forums that people say things like don't buy the xyz point-and-shoot, buy the $3000 abc DSLR instead and here are the 10 great reasons why you want a $3000 abc DSLR, blah, blah, blah. How many of you in this forum will spend $3000 USD on a camera even after reading the 10 great reasons? How many of you think that you are somehow missing out on some great photographic moments and enjoyments because you only have a $200 camera? How many of you feel that you are somewhat inferior because you only have a point-and-shoot instead of a DSLR? BTW, a Hasselblad DSLR system can set you back $20,000. Yes, that's right, it's not a typo, there are four 0's after the 2 and it's in US dollars.

Just saying.

What kind of cheap beginner are you, I use this point&shoot camera :laugh: Oh wait it didn't come with a lens, so I'll have to add this

Maybe I'll manage to make mother-in-law almost in focus this time.:lol:

I think the Vamo is a wonderful device and definitely the best bang-for-buck mod you can get at the moment.
Now it's relatively sturdy for a Chinese mod, but I don't trust it for a second still.
Questionable 510-connection and the buttons can't handle much abuse really.
So there's nothing wrong saying a Provari is better, of course it is, and it should be considering the price. Nothing snobbish in that, just a fact. :)

Now coming from Norway where a pack of cigs are $16, a Provary isn't really that expensive when put in perspective. I could buy a Provari every 10 days. :)

BillyTheWild

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Out of Nowhere
What kind of cheap beginner are you
LOL, I expected this kind of flame. If calling me cheap will make you feel better about yourself, then go ahead. LOL.
Sure, you get a expensive camera, so it MUST means you are a good photographer! Yeah, right. Either that, or you just want to tell everyone that you are wealthy. Good for you. You are a wealthy man. Now, do you feel better about yourself?

Funny, how you miss the whole point of my post. It has nothing to do with money per se. LOL.

Last edited:

BillyTheWild

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Out of Nowhere
I've never said that the Provari is not a better device. It is. For 6x more money, it'd better be a superior device, otherwise, who will buy it.

I am saying that comparing a Vamo to a Provari is pointless b/c they are in different leagues. I will feel the same way if I pick up a car magazine and see an article comparing the a Ford Focus to a Mercedes-Benz! Pointless! And, this is the point of my post! Next time, think before you flame.

Last edited:

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
LOL, I expected this kind of flame. If calling me cheap will make you feel better about yourself, then go ahead. LOL.
Sure, you get a expensive camera, so it MUST means you are a good photographer! Yeah, right. Either that, or you just want to tell everyone that you are wealthy. Good for you. You are a wealthy man. Now, do you feel better about yourself?

Funny, how you miss the whole point of my post. It has nothing to do with money per se. LOL.

Lol, notice those smileys in my post? Do you really think I'd use a $50k HB-system for crappy family snaps? :laugh: Seems like you don't have much of a sense of humor this morning (well it's morning here)
Read my post again with a smile, and try again :) It was supposed to be a friendly rib, but seem like it was lost on you today.

Btw, my camera is a way outdated Canon 400D :)

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Smileys doesn't take away offenses. You did call me cheap, didn't you? Oh, well, maybe I have indeed over-reacted. Either way, it's no biggie.

It was in no way meant to offend, it was supposed to be humor.... So yes, you did over-react quite a bit. :)

But hey, no biggie. :toast:

Jxoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Fine City
I probably will get flamed by saying this but, no offense to anyone, comparing a $30 (on FastTech) - $60 (most U.S. retail) Vamo to a almost $200 Provari is like comparing a Ford Focus to a Mercedes-Benz.

Just saying.

Quick question. Regardless of the price, which would u choose? The Ford Focus or a Mercedes-Benz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread