ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I think that ( ^ ) is what the dna Go chip is supposed to address. Set things to get the vape you like, then push a button, and the chip takes over from there to reproduce that 'vape' regardless of resistance changes, juice flow changes, ambient temperature, etc.

I have exactly one Evolv board capable of replay. Notice I said "capable". After 5 or 6 Escribe sessions, I have had it working once. And honestly I'm not sure it was a whole lot better than getting a build and power level that works and tweaking from time to time as needed.

Yes, I saw all the reviews and heard the stories. I'm usually pretty good with electronic things but the 75C board is inscrutable as heck for me. Evolv simply says "do A, do B, do C" but that only worked that one time. I've read countless threads about the board and can't find why it's not happening. I've been using it with normal Kanthal builds and it vapes fine, other than a massively irritating feature where it will go to sleep after a few minutes and that can't be turned off. And when it wakes, it won't fire until I tell it whether I've installed a new coil or not. In a Kanthal build and obviously a non-TC profile, straight wattage. And no, not a Replay profile either.

The sad part is that for the first time in my life I actually hit on a randomizer - and it was for the first drop for the new regulated version of a highly prized mod. I had a choice of DNA75C or Dicodes. Since I'd never had a Replay mod, I made my choice. Obviously, at this point I wish I had it all to do over. The best feature in the world is worthless if it likes to hide from you.

I'd been liking my Dicodes stuff more and more and put them on the top of my list. But I'd always had a pretty good respect for Evolv - this thing has shaken that quite a bit.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Back in the V2 daze, away from home, dropped it in a parking lot and broke the 510 connection. Did I mention we weren't home? Luckily Jackie was with me and we could share a vape. NEVER busted a P3 connection. Zen even mentioned he tried and couldn't.

Just sayin'...

Yeah, Gin. It's a different issue completely. While the 510 is much more susceptible to breakage, the P3 issues happen without the user necessarily doing anything wrong. Unfortunately, it also happens at a much more frequent rate than the average vaper will break off a connector.

I've done none in eight years, and you've done, what, one so far?

Just reading this thread indicates many more failures with the P3 connection, and reading FB comments reflect a fair number of p'd off vapers; especially now that Bill appears to be "hit and miss" with service call availability.

My one Provari death (so far, knock wood) has been the Ti, and that was either possibly or likely due to the very issue being discussed.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
you've done, what, one so far?
Yeah, only one because, I suspect, I quit using 510 and have been using the P3 since it came out.
I feel the 510 is weak, have never had a problem with the P3 connection and prefer it, but that's just me. :2c::)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah, only one because, I suspect, I quit using 510 and have been using the P3 since it came out.
I feel the 510 is weak, have never had a problem with the P3 connection and prefer it, but that's just me. :2c::)

Do you drop mods a lot? If so, it may well have made a big difference for you.

For some reason I've been fortunate. I don't drop a LOT, but I've sent them on small tours a few times (literally flipping through the air and what-not). A couple of those had me CERTAIN they'd broken, but they hadn't. Pure luck, IMO, because a few hit it HARD. I believe angle counts (so to speak).

I wonder how many times @stols001 has sent her mods flying about, and how they've fared. :smokie::laugh:

Last edited:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Do you drop mods a lot?
No, not really, but Jackie does. :lol: I knock my P3 over all time and would do so more if we didn't have one of those ProVape Blox we keep on the middle end table in the den. I also keep a empty glass salt shaker without the top to keep the P3 in on the mini table in the living room.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I lost count ages ago a lot less.

My radius is definitely dead though. :( It's just.... dead.

I hate coffee lids and you would think I could not have the mods and coffee interact somehow but no. Lids.

A lot less since the valium mind you HOLY CRAP it's the BEST. I mean, I had NO idea how bad it was until it IMPROVED some.

I still have that thing.... Peripheral neuropathy where you can't feel stuff right and the ends of your fingers HURT. Doc said it could be cause by the lithium OR the smoking, I choose to like, think the smoking just because it's one less side effect to HATE.

I must have looked like a palsy victim or about to have a seizure. People have noticed and SAID stuff.

They like, never say it until AFTER it improves which makes NO sense to me at all....

Anna

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
The Band: The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

Star-Wars-Characters-in-Kiss-Makeup--90059.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Thanks for this sad heads up...personally not surprised by this, but sad nonetheless. Do not go quietly into the night....

These past few years I have not been using my REO's very much, if at all. I was really hoping that Eric was going to really keep the company going, but like you said I am not surprised either. I have been trying to figure out, if there is anything I want or need before the end, and as far as need, I could get some spare P67 parts. I would like one more P67, but I don't really need it. I can't do it this week anyway, so not sure at this point. I have a feeling that this FDA thing has something to do with it as well. :unsure:

KAS

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
These past few years I have not been using my REO's very much, if at all. I was really hoping that Eric was going to really keep the company going, but like you said I am not surprised either. I have been trying to figure out, if there is anything I want or need before the end, and as far as need, I could get some spare P67 parts. I would like one more P67, but I don't really need it. I can't do it this week anyway, so not sure at this point. I have a feeling that this FDA thing has something to do with it as well. :unsure:

KAS
Yeah, the FDA thing has crossed my mind a few times regarding them too. He bought the company when it was already in a downturn, as Rob himself had talked about openly. I have thought about getting another Grand, just because, but really can't justify it, I've got several and many spare parts, and they seem to just keep on ticking like a Timex...money is short these days, so...prolly not going to do it.

It would be nice to get some vape mail though, and i'd probably opt for a raw tumbled SL/LP...maybe will load one back into the cart with a couple atties just for the long haul, I got a feeling things are going to get weird vaping wise regarding gear in the next year.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I got a feeling things are going to get weird vaping wise regarding gear in the next year.

For me right now with limited funds, there are a lot of other things that I use more, that I would prefer to stock up on than these. I have a lot of parts for my other REOs, but not very many for the P67, so I will most likely just order some parts. :|

KAS

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
That was silly, just finished ordering a LP/SL raw tumbled Grand and a couple BF atties...prices are good and wanted to help Eric clear out some inventory...it has been quite a while since I bought any new vape things, and I do use my Reos on a pretty daily basis. still sad to see things going this way, but it is what it is...

Users who are viewing this thread