ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh heck happy birthday to everyone. It's like, we're all alive, vaping etc. For all *I* know, my own mother lied to me (and the authorities) about my birthdate. It's in German I can't even read it other than it sounds vaguely angry. Not sure if that was my mom's responses or like the form itself.

Pardon. I am just bitter as since ever SINCE the great amnesia event, I have been politely texting her to find out how she is doing and if she is up for a PHONE call. She keeps texting back pitiful little updates about how she's still "ill." And (although I BELIEVE they did neuro tests and stuff) the hospital told her to FOLLOW UP with her PCP. If I had sky high blood pressure, had forgotten the existence of one of my children, was of the belief that my dead spouse was still alive, and then FORGOT about the whole thing afterward, I would PUNCH any hospital that referred me to my PCP, in my opinion THAT PCP is a BIT out of their league.

And clearly true since she like, said she was getting treated "for Lyme disease" WHUT? She says she doesn't think her episode of "IS there a doctor on the plane" was that big a deal but she DOES feel off and like, thinks she might have Lyme disease. Okay, Mom.

Meanwhile, my kiddo who lives in her basement (I want to get him out, if only because he should not be left to care for her and my brother who lives there is the most self-centered human being on the planet) is saying stuff like ,"Grandmommy seems fine." And, "Grandmommy is talking to lots of people on the phone."

Jesus. My feelings are hurt. And not in that kind of angry way where you are like "I hate my parent because X" I just GENUINELY want to talk to her and I am trying to be polite, and she is making it abundantly clear she does not want to talk to ME. I was not even going to call her a drug seeker (not this phone call.... and I should freaking know)!!!!!

I can't figure out an elegant way to text her to let her know my feelings are hurt AND I don't hate her, because those two emotions have been always coupled together before, so I don't even know how to say "Mom, you barely ever call me and you call my sister three times a week, what gives ,do I SUCK that much?"

Still trying to wrap my head around that one ,but yeah, happy birthday, we vape our mothers can be (Cesoreds) BIG ones.

I'm not even gonna candle this icon up. Unless I do the soundtrack to "Candle in the Wind." Etc.

Anna

That's a.uniquely different version of.the song, at least in my experience. A bit too verbose for kids.to remember at parties though, methinks.

I'm sure Turf appreciates the creative thought and time put.into it, Anna. ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You're welcome @AstroTurf ! Hopefully your mom called you on your birthday (if she is above ground.) LOL Seriously happy vapersary. I think mine forgot to call, once.

It was kind of funny.

Power back UP!!!! I got plans for today notes and CLEANING OH my.

I am drinking cold 4 day old coffee. I was hoping it would at least be hot, but of course, the timer got messed up. I don't care THAT much, it may actually be more palatable cold. Maybe.

New thyroid med seems to be WORKING after day one. Hmm Go figure.

Anna

Course, it is only one day just like a BIRTHDAT!!!!!!!:bday::banana::bday::banana::bday:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Having eye problems myself, I have a lot of sympathy for what you are going through. I wish you the fortitude to carry on.

Thanks, the vision in my right eye has dramatically improved, but still not as good as the left. They said that over time it could improve more. I am hoping that some of the blurriness, is just the need for a new prescription. :unsure:

KAS

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will take it. Day 2, so far so good.

If I could BOTTLE the placebo effect and sell it to myself I would. IT WORKS. IT HAS ZERO SIDE EFFECTS.

With thyroid meds dude, you pretty much know from DAY ONE. There is no build up effect, at least discernably. What sucks is IF YOU FEEL LIKE CRAP, well, you can't get a thyroid level for 6 weeks but that is how long it takes for your body to register the change.

So, until/unless my thyroid comes back low, I'll totally TAKE it any day. I felt like it wore off a bit in the afternoon, but overall FAR better than my fears.

This is a known thing about thyroid issues and it is why it makes thyroid sufferers so CRAZED especially if like, the med is SUPER not working and your doc is like, "So sorry you feel like crap! DO call me in 8 weeks after you get your lab results and we can discuss it."

Argh for that period of time.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Also (I am going to do my notes soon, but my little brother called, he's so cool) I wrote a "You are hurting my feelings text" to my mom and I started crying. So, I did not send it. You should not send any text that makes you cry is my motto it means you aren't ready to deal with the situation yet.

I wish I could call my therapist, she's like my REAL mom really. I mean, yeah, I have to pay for that service (I guess she's like a prostitute mom?) but I bet she'd help me feel better.

Wow. I now understand why men use prostitutes. They feel better afterward.

So simple! I had no idea!

Anna

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Thanks, the vision in my right eye has dramatically improved, but still not as good as the left. They said that over time it could improve more. I am hoping that some of the blurriness, is just the need for a new prescription. :unsure:

KAS
All right, I wasn't going to share this because I have before, didn't want to take away from Kas's eye problem and I'm sure some of you are sick of hearing about my health. This is for Kas. Back in '08, I had a fake eye lens put in my left eye. NOT a fake eye, just the lens! I still have better than 20/20 far sight but when reading fine print, my reading glasses are clear glass for the right eye and +2 for the left. Anyway, I am supposed to have it checked every 5 years or so for spots so it can be cleaned with lasers (I think) but my doctor and I haven't been to excited about it as it's been 11 years. Well, last week I thought I kept seeing some small insect fly past me when in reality, it's a teeny, tiny, light black, floating speck on my left/fake eye lens. It's not driving me to insane so I will wait, for now, until I go in for my annual check-up with my doctor to mention it. He's 68 miles away. The cool part is when the light shines on my face just right, people freak out saying the glow in my left eye makes me look like the Terminator. :D

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
All right, I wasn't going to share this because I have before, didn't want to take away from Kas's eye problem and I'm sure some of you are sick of hearing about my health. This is for Kas. Back in '08, I had a fake eye lens put in my left eye. NOT a fake eye, just the lens! I still have better than 20/20 far sight but when reading fine print, my reading glasses are clear glass for the right eye and +2 for the left. Anyway, I am supposed to have it checked every 5 years or so for spots so it can be cleaned with lasers (I think) but my doctor and I haven't been to excited about it as it's been 11 years. Well, last week I thought I kept seeing some small insect fly past me when in reality, it's a teeny, tiny, light black, floating speck on my left/fake eye lens. It's not driving me to insane so I will wait, for now, until I go in for my annual check-up with my doctor to mention it. He's 68 miles away. The cool part is when the light shines on my face just right, people freak out saying the glow in my left eye makes me look like the Terminator. :D

I have heard about that procedure, that is for cataract's I think is what I heard. I do have them, but they are around the sides. They also said something about being able to install a corrective lens and bifocal as well. :|

KAS

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I have heard about that procedure, that is for cataract's I think is what I heard. I do have them, but they are around the sides. They also said something about being able to install a corrective lens and bifocal as well. :|

KAS
Yes, it was for cataract's.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I'm with @YePsTeR: check out floaters. I have a collection of them. A few years ago, I woke with what seemed like a dead spider floating in there. It's shrunk a bit with time, and one learns to see around/ignore them, but they are obnoxious things.

It's very common for older eyes to develop floaters. Something that connects some other thing (these are official technical terms) lets go in the back of the eye, releasing a bunch of them at once. It's very disconcerting and should be checked out just in case retinal detachment is the cause, but, if it's not, they're harmless, if annoying.

KAS
I've had cataract surgery in both eyes. It was a breeze. They just suck out the old lenses and pop in new ones. You can get lenses that give you good distance vision, leaving you dependent on readers for close work (this is what I have) or that require you to wear glasses for distance/driving but leave you specs free for reading etc. Some people get the first in one eye and the second in the other. And there are various fancy kinds that supposedly act like internal bi- or even trifocals.

Some unfortunate people develop a kind of secondary cataract after cataract surgery, usually within a few years. This is corrected with lasers. I think it's called a YAG capsulotomy.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Poster Old Guy for the placebo effect here, who cares - if you're better, the reason may not matter.

I will take it. Day 2, so far so good.

If I could BOTTLE the placebo effect and sell it to myself I would. IT WORKS. IT HAS ZERO SIDE EFFECTS.

With thyroid meds dude, you pretty much know from DAY ONE. There is no build up effect, at least discernably. What sucks is IF YOU FEEL LIKE CRAP, well, you can't get a thyroid level for 6 weeks but that is how long it takes for your body to register the change.

So, until/unless my thyroid comes back low, I'll totally TAKE it any day. I felt like it wore off a bit in the afternoon, but overall FAR better than my fears.

This is a known thing about thyroid issues and it is why it makes thyroid sufferers so CRAZED especially if like, the med is SUPER not working and your doc is like, "So sorry you feel like crap! DO call me in 8 weeks after you get your lab results and we can discuss it."

Argh for that period of time.

Anna

Users who are viewing this thread