The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by WillyZee, Feb 10, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    Like the only chick chimney sweeper in Mary Poppins ;)
    I'd miss all your life stories, starting from the Japanese toilets o_O

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    OMG! I forgot about my mom's TOILET!! The budget, sufi one (I must say doing Wudu, which is the Muslim version of like, self-spiritual cleansing is such a PITA! Literally! You have to spray your nether regions to get "clean" and like you gotta do it all the TIME!!!! Fart? Go do Wudu! Impure thoughts! Go do Wudu! Getting ready to pray? GO do Wudu.) LOL my mom's particular brand of Sufi Dude (who left no successor, unfortunately or maybe not, IDK.)

In any case someone asked him what do you do if you are in PRISON and you can't do Wudu. He said, "use the earth" and showed this sort of scooping of like imaginary dirt and began Wuduing. I was thinking "Really, if you are in prison the right answer might be, "Kill yourself" I mean that's not being a good Sufi. To be fair, like, I guess you could get locked up for protesting oppression. Anyway, I said if that was FINE it seemed like a waste of water, and like, why couldn't I just do that all the TIME!. He gave me this very stern look like I was a problem child (LOL usually I AM a problem child I was briefly a Sufi dilettante) and said, "YOU may do that my child." LOL it was kinda like he was agreeing with my mom I was retarded. But I did not MIND!

So my mom got this budget spray system, and it took toilet water out of the tank and SPRAYED it at you, and then you were punished, I mean clean. LOL. My mom LOVED it.

Only, one day I was like, "Imma gonnna try it I HAVE to." So but I forgot it was toilet tank water and COLD as ICE. The spray part was pretty powerful. It was quite a shock. I felt like, well I suppose I felt cleansed. In kind of like an EXORCISM way.

Why could it not be that house that burned down????????????? That TOILET should not EXIST?

Anna

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. FringeChief68

FringeChief68 Kingsguard Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. FringeChief68

Oct 10, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    And here I watched videos on the one with the basin up top to wash your hands. Off to youtube again!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. FringeChief68

Oct 10, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
    Lukas Nelson son of Willie Nelson

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  7. gnees

gnees Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 31, 2014
    Telford Pa.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FringeChief68

Oct 10, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
  9. FringeChief68

Oct 10, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    He does not look good. IDK if Wudu would help. Some Sufis get so much done, I secretly wonder if they all rebel at home and just do it at gatherings, which has its own issues.

Well. Toilet lines SHOULD be extended I mean like so much talk happens there.

The only thing I agree with is the barefoot thing, like Sufis like to be barefoot inside because making things beautiful is like... a thing. To be fair to those countries of the Muslim faith, such as Morocco things are very beautiful indeed.

I like the barefoot thing because I like walking through dirt and stuff . I think that's technical violation, like a hockey check but I was barefoot as often as I could get away with.

Seriously, some Sufism is fun but I had to dilettante around awhile before like realizing I had to make my OWN religion but really it should not be shared, although it's simple. "Bad things will happen. You will want to be a Richard. Everyone wants to be a Richard sometimes. It's hard not to. But, when you are a Richard, as you will be, try not to be and be nice. Also, if you proselytize you will be shot, I actually think it's a bigger sin than murder,. YES,. Also Richard clearly has a lot to answer for but I have like been to MANY religious places in many places, and one of my favorites was a Church in Costa Rica in this tiny town. It was cool it had checkerboard floors and I love those . I walked it several times. People coulda come in because I did not speak Spanish.

I am also rather fond of the Strasbourg Cathedral because a) they put out the eyes of the CLOCK MAKER MASTER who made their clock, like so he could not make BETTER clocks elsewhere .NO LIE! I have to say, it was AWFUL but I do admire that particular level of commitment to interior decorating. They were punished by running out of money and there is one tower not two and I like its lopsidedness. I used to hang out there often as there is something about Old Churches that do it for me. The prayers sort of hang in the air.

The clockmaker's prayer was unprintable but heartfelt and it included "I hope they never finish this."

Anna

• Like Like x 4
  11. coldgin96

coldgin96 MADE IN U.S.A. Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Willie's Reserve

• Like Like x 2
  12. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Happy to be... Not Smoking!!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

lil dog would...

• Like Like x 2
  13. AstroTurf