ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Well, I am going to get up from this PC and put on a vinyl record, Led Zeppelin: Coda. Before the needle drops, I'm going to say, "This is for Tony Castleberry, rock on."
Rock And Roll!
Well, mission accomplished. Has the needle was dropping, I was standing there trying to catch my breath and couldn't properly do Tony his due honor. I sat down and about a minute into the first song, said out loud, "This one is for Tony Castleberry, rock on!" I wasn't going to share that as I said what I was going to do but I feel the need to.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
View attachment 864115 Wow, the playlist has Iron Maiden and Kiss. As some of you know, my oldest loved those bands. Sadly, he passed on 1/15 at age 50. Here he is in his IM T-shirt in the early '80's.

Sorry for your loss. :cry:

Well, I am going to get up from this PC and put on a vinyl record, Led Zeppelin: Coda. Before the needle drops, I'm going to say, "This is for Tony Castleberry, rock on."
Rock And Roll!

Just in case someone else would like to listen to it as well. :|

KAS

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Thank you, @coldgin96 ; Tony would have rocked with you. He went from metal to grunge and was lead singer in a band back before the health issues got too bad.

I am a fan of '60's music, I was a huge Born to be Wild fan in my teen years. Maybe cause I was a bit on the wild side.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm so sorry, @rosesense .. I hope things ease up soon.

We had a fair number of record players in our house the kid loved then. He bought a few albums new and used, but the main problem was dealing with my mother's taste in music. OMG she "gifted us" her albums and one of them was WHAM!

I think the exclamation point is part of the band's name, actually. If it were me, I would name that band "Why????????"

Anna

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I'm so sorry, @rosesense .. I hope things ease up soon.

We had a fair number of record players in our house the kid loved then. He bought a few albums new and used, but the main problem was dealing with my mother's taste in music. OMG she "gifted us" her albums and one of them was WHAM!

I think the exclamation point is part of the band's name, actually. If it were me, I would name that band "Why????????"

Anna
    Hey, I liked Wham. Funny thing is my son's best friend sings Karaoke and sings a lot of their music. I was just telling my daughter about how he looked exactly like George Michael back in the day and how much the guy sounds like Michael.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2012
    North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
    Thank you, @coldgin96 ; Tony would have rocked with you. He went from metal to grunge and was lead singer in a band back before the health issues got too bad.

I am a fan of '60's music, I was a huge Born to be Wild fan in my teen years. Maybe cause I was a bit on the wild side.
    Ha! I have some Steppenwolf, sang, "Born To Be Wild" karaoke at a wedding back in the day and own, "Easy Rider" on DVD. People ask what Rock And Roll I like, my response, since the 80's is, "From Elvis to Slayer."

xstitch

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Maine
    One of the fruit and veggie stands we buy from

c57a229242101a382a510888707f4dc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia

Cuzza love........ and more love....... and then some.

RIP, Mopey... 12/29/19

Mopey.JPG

View attachment 864115 Wow, the playlist has Iron Maiden and Kiss. As some of you know, my oldest loved those bands. Sadly, he passed on 1/15 at age 50. Here he is in his IM T-shirt in the early '80's.

HUGE hugs, rose darling. Words cannot express. :(

A tip of the cap and a big kiss to the memory of Tony...

Users who are viewing this thread