ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I would go to the Outside but I fell out of favor with the denizens that inhabit that part of the ECF and have been banned from the Outside. The outside is fine so long as one toes the party line. Reading the posts there it is impossible to rationalize such a stupid decision.
I've been meaning to go Outside since I heard about it recently. This makes me definitely want to check it out.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I despise this mask business, and only wear one when I have to go into a shop. Otherwise I'll starve. This despite the tyrannical governor's "mandate".
The pic helps remind me why I hate them.
I wear them only to avoid the scared disdainful looks of the scared sheeple...every chance I get to actually discuss the matter, I explain how the cloth is like putting up chicken wire to keep out mosquitos... it makes me cringe when I am out riding my bike and when approaching people I can see the scurry to put on their mask, outside, in fresh air...I make it a point to make eye contact and shake my head no to them...

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
I despise this mask business, and only wear one when I have to go into a shop. Otherwise I'll starve. This despite the tyrannical governor's "mandate".
The pic helps remind me why I hate them.
I won't wear one. Do you have any grocery options that offer curbside pickup?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
' I wear one at least 5 days a week and I have eczema that is mostly under control, around my neck and face, and it rubs against it and my face hurts and bleeds and etc. Also, I got in deep do-do for like not seeing or reading the email to tell my vets to keep them on appropriately for like every second.

I think I've just about had it with the masks. I am tired of my neck and ears bleeding.
Anna

With that said, having had COVID... I can see why those with compromised health might WANT to but I still sort of think it's up to the individual.

Also, most people don't care/wear them properly and that's probably why the mask studies may be accurate. A bad mask is really just more of a germ picker upper than anything else.

Anna

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
-1x-1.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So leaning against walls is like sorta using electricity when you don't need to? Not wearing a hat (a hat would fit in that helmet I think with no crushing)?

One of my favorite pictures I ever took was of an Amish gathering playing volleyball and they all still had their hats on. I was like, wow.

Pardon my ignorance but I haven't decided yet whether or not Amishism is a cult or just a sort of branch of religion that is on the more formal side.

I do know one of the wireless routers near us is named "Rebellious Amish Family" which I quite appreciated.

So yeah I am probably more ignorant about it than that Kirsty Alley movie (Witness Protection??) I wanna say? That was so unbelievably offensive that it could only be made about a religious sect that does not allow TV in order to object and b) I think had box office numbers in the negative.

I really wish I could remember now the circumstances under which the husband and I were watching it...

Anna

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I wear them only to avoid the scared disdainful looks of the scared sheeple...every chance I get to actually discuss the matter, I explain how the cloth is like putting up chicken wire to keep out mosquitos... it makes me cringe when I am out riding my bike and when approaching people I can see the scurry to put on their mask, outside, in fresh air...I make it a point to make eye contact and shake my head no to them...
Agreed on all points.
Until a month or so ago, the "mandate" was masks unless you can't keep the "social distance" (the latter being stupid and a remnant from 100yrs ago). So, the gov changed it to masks at all times. I could be in the middle of the woods, or in a deserted parking lot, doesn't matter. Of course, there's no one to enforce it.
But, to your point, other folks are getting mean about it.
That will be social distancing forever. People's fear and paranoia will long outlast a virus which will soon disappear.
And, my prediction, vaccine aside, Biden (if he indeed becomes president, which is not yet a given) will soon after declare victory even if nothing has changed. You watch!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I won't wear one. Do you have any grocery options that offer curbside pickup?
I do have that option from several places. But, I like the touchy feely aspect of picking my own items, and I know I like the civil disobedience aspect of walking from my car to the front door of the store maskless, and then pausing at the exit, standing for a moment and whipping off the mask.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
I do have that option from several places. But, I like the touchy feely aspect of picking my own items, and I know I like the civil disobedience aspect of walking from my car to the front door of the store maskless, and then pausing at the exit, standing for a moment and whipping off the mask.
Understood. I got over the touchy feely bit when I learned I could get a whole big Sam's stock up trip out of the way in less than 10 minutes. I get a meat CSA from a local farmer, they haven't required masks to pick up my monthly share. As much as I would love to eat just meat, we need other stuff too, so I do the curbside thing for groceries. As for anything else, if you won't let me in your store, I can live without you, you don't get my money. I won't go back after normalcy returns either, provided our overlords permit it. Hopefully, they will have been overthrown, but not holding my breath.

As far as other people go, I've always been antisocial, I can live without them too. If this past year has taught us anything, it's who our TRUE friends are.

Good luck!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Understood. I got over the touchy feely bit when I learned I could get a whole big Sam's stock up trip out of the way in less than 10 minutes. I get a meat CSA from a local farmer, they haven't required masks to pick up my monthly share. As much as I would love to eat just meat, we need other stuff too, so I do the curbside thing for groceries. As for anything else, if you won't let me in your store, I can live without you, you don't get my money. I won't go back after normalcy returns either, provided our overlords permit it. Hopefully, they will have been overthrown, but not holding my breath.

As far as other people go, I've always been antisocial, I can live without them too. If this past year has taught us anything, it's who our TRUE friends are.

Good luck!
I see anti social tendencies as a good thing ;) people pretty much suck for the most part...in groups they are downright scary.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Agreed on all points.
Until a month or so ago, the "mandate" was masks unless you can't keep the "social distance" (the latter being stupid and a remnant from 100yrs ago). So, the gov changed it to masks at all times. I could be in the middle of the woods, or in a deserted parking lot, doesn't matter. Of course, there's no one to enforce it.
But, to your point, other folks are getting mean about it.
That will be social distancing forever. People's fear and paranoia will long outlast a virus which will soon disappear.
And, my prediction, vaccine aside, Biden (if he indeed becomes president, which is not yet a given) will soon after declare victory even if nothing has changed. You watch!
So glad I have many thousands of "freedom seeds" stashed away...hope I never need to "plant" them :D

Users who are viewing this thread