ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I'm amazed at my own stupidity, I bought three 50ml bottles of three different 0 nic eliquids, all in 60ml bottles. I first put the liquids and the nic in three 120ml bottles to mix them. Whilst decanting the liquids into smaller bottles, I inadvertently mixed the flavours. My sense of taste has deteriorated, as has my sense of smell, probably age and smoking related. The end result is I haven't a clue what I'm vaping. This prompted a brilliant plan!
I have read quite a few times of vapers who vape unflavoured eliquid and I think I'll give it a try. First though, I ask advice of any of you who vape unflavoured. My guess is I only have to mix VG & PG to my preferred ratio and add the requisite amount of nic. Am I correct and do I need to steep it before using.

P.S. I won't be adding any beans.
I always make an unflavored base with nic, then if I want flavored juice I simply add flavor to small batches of my base. I vape 60 pg / 40 VG, and shoot my batches in 100 ml volumes to ease the process. I have a 100 ml graduated cylinder so this makes life very simple, I can even do it while inebriated without fear LOL.

The following is for 6mg/ml - 6.5mg/ml, for whatever nic value you need, simply adjust the mls drawn to match, like for 3mg/ml, you draw 3ml of 100 mg/ml, and adjust your pg or VG to compensate for a 100 ml batch...

So for 100 ml of base, I will draw 6-6.5 ml of 100 mg pg nic, and dispense it into the bottle I will be shaking it up in. Then I will pour 40 ml of VG, and the fill the graduated cylinder to 94 ml with pg. this will give me the exact amount of every thing needed in a very simple single measure pour,, the cylinder gets poured into the mixing bottle...I usually use a 16 oz tumbler to rest the cylinder on with the spout of the cylinder resting on the mouth of the bottle to allow all of the VG to drain. If I'm making 200 ml batch, I simply repeat the above process to accommodate. When everything is in the bottle I shake it for a couple minutes and then take my syringe that I measured the nic with, and repeatedly fill and plunge it into the mixing bottle to rinse it of the 100 mg nic.

I've never used a mixing calculator, and whenever working with odd volumes of ejuice, I prefer to do the math myself, on paper, and double check my figures with an electronic calculator, for my piece of mind, I need to fully understand what I am doing to be comfortable with it. It's a quirk...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Also, the highest flavor percentage I use is 5 percent, I have been mixing like this for about four years now, and my ears haven't fallen off yet, and I still have feeling in my fingers and toes, but my mental state may have deteriorated somewhat ,probably totally unrelated to vaping though:unsure::laugh:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Im’ma get me one of them.
I have ten, twenty five, fifty and one hundred ml versions, the one hundred ml is the only one that ever gets used. I settled on the easiest route possible with one hundred ml batches a long long time ago, it's virtually a no brainer when working with 100 mg/ ml nic solution.

It takes me less than five minutes to make a months worth of ejuice....start to finish, cleanup time included...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I do 100ml in a 125ml bottle and 200ml in a 240ml bottle. Gives a better shake opportunities. Or, 50ml in a 60ml bottle.
Same here, a little head space for the shake. For my flavored stuff, I shoot the flavoring into an empty 15 or 30 ml bottle, and simply fill it up with my base, then attach the bottle to a paint stir stick with rubber bands and whip it back and forth for a minute or two, shake and vape :D

Deemac

Apr 30, 2016
NL
@Frenchfry1942 "From what you said you did, I have noooo idea." Neither have I, that's why I'm discombobulated.
@all_who_replied, thanks, apart from the "steeping not required" reaction, I feel my initial thoughts on the subect of unflavoured have been validated.

Happy puffing (if that's not a synonym for something naughty in Americanese)

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
West and Wewaxation!

DaJHpfRU8AA1vrq.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm a supporting member to do my little part in helping this place stay up and running. I want to be able to see what you are listening to everyday. Some days I even put on the same album.

And I kind of need this place...

I like when @classwife has to give me a little slap every once in awhile.:w00t:

Yeah, I hear ya. And I need members like you to kick me in my nuts once in awhile. :wub:

If she's ever not available, I volunteer to handle the slaps and kicks. I'm too old for bar-fights now, and the acts might be cathartic for me.

:D

Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread