classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I might try making some adapter rings like shown in the previous post, using a circle cutter and drilling a hole in the center to use the head of a brass brad, cut off short, and put through the disc, then peen the cut end with a small hammer. should take about five minutes to make one of them discs, heck, might could bang out a dozen or so of them if it goes well, brads are like two bucks for a whole bunch of them...

I had thought about that too and decided a piece of poster board would work just as well with a brad or a stud.
I even thought about using part of a snap : https://www.amazon.com/Poppers-Fast...ocphy=9012068&hvtargid=pla-306523630991&psc=1

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have worked out in my head a hack for the ProVari's, literally hacking off most of the tube, and crafting a wooden box about the size of the RADIUS, the tube will be mounted on one side of it and a battery sled will be on the other side, and hard wired to the tube and positive contact of the board. It might even look nice when I ever do get around to it.

I might try making some adapter rings like shown in the previous post, using a circle cutter and drilling a hole in the center to use the head of a brass brad, cut off short, and put through the disc, then peen the cut end with a small hammer. should take about five minutes to make one of them discs, heck, might could bang out a dozen or so of them if it goes well, brads are like two bucks for a whole bunch of them...

I had thought about that too and decided a piece of poster board would work just as well with a brad or a stud.
I even thought about using part of a snap : https://www.amazon.com/Poppers-Fast...ocphy=9012068&hvtargid=pla-306523630991&psc=1

If I was gong to attempt something like that, I would use a solid brass rivet. That is kind of what they are designed for. :2c:

Solid Rivets | Aluminum Rivets | Copper Rivets | Brass Rivets | Jay-Cee Sales & Rivet, Inc.

KAS

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
worthless.gif

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
See, that's one of the advantages of DIY. I'm now at 5.5.
One of these batches, maybe I'll go to 5. Could be I'll settle at 4.6, who knows? :)

I'm wrestling with my nic levels, having started at 18, I went down to 6 and now with my first tentative steps into DIY (excluding shake 'n' vape), I'm confusing myself with settling on a level which gives an all day experience without the dry mouth and throat in the mornings. Please don't say "drink a gallon of water before you go to bed", remember, I'm in my 70's.:blush:
I'm curious as to the levels of others.
I started at 18, then went down to 12, 10, 8, and settled in with 6mg/ml, this transition took about six months. Been at the same level now for about four years. Are you thinking you need less or more nic? If DIY'ing, it would be easy to make batches in several different strengths and have different atties and mods set up to vary your nic intake through the day.
Started at 24, down to 18, down to 12, to 6, then 3...back up to 6 cuz 3 didn't cut it for me. Since you're doing DIY, you can always have a higher mix for morning and afternoon, then switch to a lower one for in the afternoon. At night, I always keep a glass of water on the nightstand and take a sip after a trip to the bathroom, and it's also there right when I wake up so even if I am dried out, I can get rehydrated quickly.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
But also, I am pretty sure in DIY threads, I've seen people indicate that some small percentage of distililed water in the liquid made a big dry mouth difference.

I haven't done that - I'd look for more detail and confirmation before trying...

I'm wrestling with my nic levels, having started at 18, I went down to 6 and now with my first tentative steps into DIY (excluding shake 'n' vape), I'm confusing myself with settling on a level which gives an all day experience without the dry mouth and throat in the mornings. Please don't say "drink a gallon of water before you go to bed", remember, I'm in my 70's.:blush:
I'm curious as to the levels of others.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Thanks for bringing this up, I knew it was harder to find button top but had no idea they are being fazed out.

Anyway, I found what looks like the same adapters from Smok tek. I hope they work, I just got some. I will post the link but be aware, they require the photo id thing that some folks don't like.

Flat Top Battery Adapter

Here are some 18500 batts. I heard efest weren't good but we seem to be limited in choices these days if you want the actual button top.

Efest IMR 18500 V2 1100 mAh Button Top Battery

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    They can have a photo of the back end of a donkey !

Too funny, it doesn't bother me to give them the id since I have to present it at stores and stuff. Plus, I really want those adapters or I will be stuck with about 22 Provari's that I can't use.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for bringing this up, I knew it was harder to find button top but had no idea they are being fazed out.

Anyway, I found what looks like the same adapters from Smok tek. I hope they work, I just got some. I will post the link but be aware, they require the photo id thing that some folks don't like.

Flat Top Battery Adapter

Here are some 18500 batts. I heard efest weren't good but we seem to be limited in choices these days if you want the actual button top.

Efest IMR 18500 V2 1100 mAh Button Top Battery

Wow, Indy Vapor shop!? Maybe I will stop and pick some up this week, I bought my first Ego's from them. :unsure:

KAS

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    Wow, Indy Vapor shop!? Maybe I will stop and pick some up this week, I bought my first Ego's from them. :unsure:

KAS

put em up in the classies when you get some... with 500,000 ProVi still out there, I see a side business :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread