ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I still have some low usage AW 18500s but thought it'd be a good idea to hedge my bets and get some of those adapters.

Seems like I've ordered from there before, but to "verify" my order they're requiring a picture of me holding my drivers license. Nope. Just nope.

I understand Indiana is not a friendly place for vapers, but every other vape company I've dealt with found a better way to verify age a long, long time ago.

Along with my geekiness, I bask in my geezerness. How dare they! (semi ;))

As I was typing this, I got an email confirming my order. Guess I'll see if they follow through or not. And yes, I could call them on Monday assuming I remembered - but that geezerness thing sometimes causes problems with things like that :D. And anyhow, why should I have to? Not against verifying age at all, I'm actually a strong supporter of that. But it needs not to be so intrusive. I'm sure they're great people there but I absolutely do not need a photo of my drivers license traipsing along the net.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I don't know why I couldn't get the search to show them before but it appears Indy does have them. Here ya go... use coupon code ecf for 10% off.

Flat Top Battery Adapter

Thank you but...

I still have some low usage AW 18500s but thought it'd be a good idea to hedge my bets and get some of those adapters.

Seems like I've ordered from there before, but to "verify" my order they're requiring a picture of me holding my drivers license. Nope. Just nope.

I understand Indiana is not a friendly place for vapers, but every other vape company I've dealt with found a better way to verify age a long, long time ago.

Along with my geekiness, I bask in my geezerness. How dare they! (semi ;))

As I was typing this, I got an email confirming my order. Guess I'll see if they follow through or not. And yes, I could call them on Monday assuming I remembered - but that geezerness thing sometimes causes problems with things like that :D. And anyhow, why should I have to? Not against verifying age at all, I'm actually a strong supporter of that. But it needs not to be so intrusive. I'm sure they're great people there but I absolutely do not need a photo of my drivers license traipsing along the net.

Yep. I really need those adapters but they didn't mention their archaic verification system until AFTER we'd given them all our info. :grr: We have no way to send it in, not that I'd want to do it that way. We don't have a smart phone or whatever else would do it. Other sites did it via CC info. And when does a battery adapter fall under some kind of verification process? :-x

If anybody knows of a place those adapters are available that don't want your DNA, I'd love to hear about it. And yes, they'd be for my beloved 2.5s. :cry:

It's nice to know the information is helping some people though. :)

Why aren't the vape stores flooded with these seeing as so many people are looking for them? I tried doing internet searches and every thing I found was sold out or no longer available. Baffling.

Help, I'm on meds making me very out of it.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
It's a conspiracy. It's all smoke and mirrors. Reality is not really happening, we just think it is. Everything we think is solid and real is not really there. Life is but a dream...
When I die, I'm not actually going to. The energy of my being is going to be where it actually belongs.
:tumble:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Sorry about that, guys (and gals). I don't have a problem with the age verification since people everywhere ask to see dr license as id anyway. I understand those who don't want to do it, though.

I ordered a 'few' extras so I could probably mail one to anyone who wants it. I think it will just fit in an envelope and still make it through their 'slot'. I recently mailed one of those fuse things and the PO gave me grief about thickness of the envelope and said it would probably end up in 'dead letters'. It did make it to the destination though.

Katmar

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I mistakenly ordered a bunch of button top 18650 Sony and LG batteries from Illum. I am so bummed because you can't return batteries unless they are doa. Meant to order flat tops. What a screw up. 16 in all. And the good ones, too. No clue what I was thinking. Gonna try to talk to Illum, but I don't blame them if they won't take them back. It says right on the site that they don't, even if you are stoopid o_O

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I mistakenly ordered a bunch of button top 18650 Sony and LG batteries from Illum. I am so bummed because you can't return batteries unless they are doa. Meant to order flat tops. What a screw up. 16 in all. And the good ones, too. No clue what I was thinking. Gonna try to talk to Illum, but I don't blame them if they won't take them back. It says right on the site that they don't, even if you are stoopid o_O
    I had a DOA battery from Illum and they did, in fact replace it. Had two others that were weak that they resisted before I just gave up. The Efest batteries I bought from Illum are poor. Thy work but don't last long.

Katmar

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I had a DOA battery from Illum and they did, in fact replace it. Had two others that were weak that they resisted before I just gave up. The Efest batteries I bought from Illum are poor. Thy work but don't last long.
    They are very good at defective returns, but do NOT refund for MY mistake. I don't blame them. And I don't know anyone who uses the button top. Live and learn.....:)

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    They are very good at defective returns, but do NOT refund for MY mistake. I don't blame them. And I don't know anyone who uses the button top. Live and learn.....:)
    classies...

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014

xstitch

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Maine
    Project my husband has been working on for us in his spare time is finished!!!

From this......
    87c4590b674ac9f72ac446034404344e.jpg

To this.....
    9803e599511a1718b806ec7b4fee0db4.jpg

Was worth the wait!! :wub:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Project my husband has been working on for us in his spare time is finished!!!

From this......
    87c4590b674ac9f72ac446034404344e.jpg

To this.....
    9803e599511a1718b806ec7b4fee0db4.jpg

Was worth the wait!! [emoji3526]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is beautiful !

Users who are viewing this thread