ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Mondays:

Attended outdoor seminar and conducted research with an expert on how to tear some dang sticks up

20258399_450913268597931_8717455788383222929_n.jpg

Back in the facility, forgot why I walked into the room, so I touched a dog

20245854_450913205264604_2815129259537161062_n.jpg

Finally ... taking a break

20264701_450913085264616_2519716858715942520_n.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@Bea-FL , we're just talking what ifs, just don't use a P3 end cap on a regular ProVari, and you should be fine.
Cool!!! I knew all that but being the worry wart that I am…well…I started worrying.

I do t have anything P3 so no worries on that :)

Mondays:

Attended outdoor seminar and conducted research with an expert on how to tear some dang sticks up

20258399_450913268597931_8717455788383222929_n.jpg

Back in the facility, forgot why I walked into the room, so I touched a dog

20245854_450913205264604_2815129259537161062_n.jpg

Finally ... taking a break

20264701_450913085264616_2519716858715942520_n.jpg
Great post. I love your pics and your sense of humor!

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Thanks Bea !!! :) ... thank you

As ENAUD said, that end cap should never be used on a 2.5. Early on in my experience with Provari, I put a performance end cap from a Procyon onto a Mini. Bad Bad Bad. Liked the way it looked ... but the glue securing the board didn't like the stress and the board popped loose after a bit. Had to send it back to ProVape for repair. DOH !!! Stick with the small spring end caps for sure.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
Hello, I just received a 2nd hand black radius today. It is making a creeking/popping sound on the backside. My blue one does not do this. Anyone experienced this and know of an easy way to fix it?
Congratulations on the Radius. Sounds like it may have been dropped somewhere along the way in it's journey. How's performance? Does it work as it should? Anything rattle around inside? Never experienced a creaking/popping or had a Radius apart but a couple of things come to mind. First thought is maybe the black part has a crack in it and the sound is from flexing at the crack? Second thought is maybe either the top or bottom plate isn't seated on the black sleeve properly?

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Hello, I just received a 2nd hand black radius today. It is making a creeking/popping sound on the backside. My blue one does not do this. Anyone experienced this and know of an easy way to fix it?
ConGrats :toast:

Rise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Rockton, IL
Congratulations on the Radius. Sounds like it may have been dropped somewhere along the way in it's journey. How's performance? Does it work as it should? Anything rattle around inside? Never experienced a creaking/popping or had a Radius apart but a couple of things come to mind. First thought is maybe the black part has a crack in it and the sound is from flexing at the crack? Second thought is maybe either the top or bottom plate isn't seated on the black sleeve properly?

It works, I don't see any cracks, it does it whether I have the bottom plate on or off. Just simply grabbing t makes the noise, I don't need to squeeze it.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
It works, I don't see any cracks, it does it whether I have the bottom plate on or off. Just simply grabbing t makes the noise, I don't need to squeeze it.
Interesting. I have two Radius and neither does that. If it does that just grabbing it and not even squeezing it ... maybe it's your hand making that noise ;) ... honestly I have no idea. I'd have to see it to even guess. Hope someone can help get it sorted. In the meantime, enjoy !!!

Rise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Rockton, IL
Interesting. I have two Radius and neither does that. If it does that just grabbing it and not even squeezing it ... maybe it's your hand making that noise ;) ... honestly I have no idea. I'd have to see it to even guess. Hope someone can help get it sorted. In the meantime, enjoy !!!

Lol no it's not my hand. My other one does not do it. I have 2 of them so I can compare.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014

That is caused by the screws not being as tight as possible.

Hold the bottom cap on with a finger on either side, and tighten those screws down as tight as can be.

Use a glove to keep from chewing up your fingers.

Rise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Rockton, IL
That is caused by the screws not being as tight as possible.

Hold the bottom cap on with a finger on either side, and tighten those screws down as tight as can be.

Use a glove to keep from chewing up your fingers.

Tried that still does it, could it be the top screws?

Reactions: AstroTurf

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
First don't over tighten the bottom screws, I cracked one of mine around the insert nuts and I don't know how this happened but I would guess from cold weather and over tighten it.

01radius%201_zpsayr88ti4.jpg

When I say cold weather I mean 20°F below 0°F

I sent it back to Bill and he fixed it but,
After I got it back from being repaired, I dropped it in water, :( so I tried to take it apart to dry it out.
Took the screws out pulled the top plate up to expose the wiring, but I couldn't figure out how to take it the whole way apart.
It seems like the Radius body is 2 pieces, the side where the USB port is on looked like it would slide down or up.
I tried to slide it but got scared I would break it.
But now that side creeks every now and then.
You can see the seams for this sliding plate on the left side of my picture.
But anyways I believe this plate is what makes that noise. :unsure:

PS. My Radius still works fine. :)
Just took a night in a bag of Rice.

Rise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Rockton, IL
Any drops Fringe?

I'm not saying overtighten, I'm saying get any play out of the plate.

Also, are you changing batteries a lot?

I literally just got it today. As far as I know no drops. No play in the plate. I tried two different batteries. A samsung and a sony.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Any drops Fringe?

I'm not saying overtighten, I'm saying get any play out of the plate.

Also, are you changing batteries a lot?
But a drop didn't crack it.
Back then I was changing batteries 3 times a day. :?:
I was outside in extreme cold weather and I believe the cold and me over tighten the screws is what cracked it.
I don't change batteries anymore :laugh::facepalm:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
First don't over tighten the bottom screws, I cracked one of mine around the insert nuts and I don't know how this happened but I would guess from cold weather and over tighten it.

01radius%201_zpsayr88ti4.jpg

When I say cold weather I mean 20°F below 0°F

I sent it back to Bill and he fixed it but,
After I got it back from being repaired, I dropped it in water, :( so I tried to take it apart to dry it out.
Took the screws out pulled the top plate up to expose the wiring, but I couldn't figure out how to take it the whole way apart.
It seems like the Radius body is 2 pieces, the side where the USB port is on looked like it would slide down or up.
I tried to slide it but got scared I would break it.
But now that side creeks every now and then.
You can see the seams for this sliding plate on the left side of my picture.
But anyways I believe this plate is what makes that noise. :unsure:

PS. My Radius still works fine. :)
Just took a night in a bag of Rice.
That's a whole lotta ugly in that pic Chief!:shock: Looks like the screws must have shrunk and the plastic was brittle at those temps...

did Bill replace that busted part? I tried to open mine up one time and couldn't figure it out either, I didn't want to force anything, there has to be a way to crack them open though, but I'll leave that to someone else to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread