Status
Not open for further replies.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I skipped over like 20 pages so if this was already touched on I apologize.
I know there is to be no drug talk in here although I haven't read the sticky. As I have had mostly unwarented bad experiencees with law enforcement I rarely speak for their side. However even though I think it completely wrong for him to search your car, I feel he had a right to pull you over and inspect your gear and state of mind. I'm not sure if any of you know this but it is possible to vapes illegal substances through your ecigs and I am sure that law enforcement is aware of this as well. This just means that this could happen again and again would be warranted. It is unfortunate but that is the way it is. You may also get pulled over if an officer sees you drinking sonthing out of a brown bag. I would have never allowed him to search my ride as if he were to tear something up in the process it would be tough luck as lawenforcement isn't liable for damages that happen durring a search. They could have brought in a dog and as long as you are clean they can't even open a door. There are some really stupid people out there who more than likely smoke up and drink up and do all other kinds of illegal stuff while driving down the road so this is bound to happen.

Isn't this a little bit like blaming the victim.

PV's are legal. They've been out for quite awhile. Unless he's been living under a rock or this happened in Mayberry circa 1960 don't you think someone in law enforcement might have run across someone vaping at least once?

Zodas

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
columbus ohio
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: TOS

Zodas

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
columbus ohio
Also...how long does it actually take a cop to educate himself on E-cig styles and appearances? One, maybe two hours?

If the cop educates himself he wouldnt have to waste so much of his time.

Also...(edit)! A pop can, a cigarette, an apple...on and on and on.

According to Allen227s theory...that cop has ALOT of pulling over people to do on baseless and uniformed hunches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
Some of the mods do look like (edit). You really can't fault a police officer for pulling you over. But after explaining what it is they should just let you be on your way.

Wood box mods. If you are or were a (edit), you know what this looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Penny02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
over the rainbow
Only read through about 20 pages before wondering - why so defensive? I have a lot of people react strangely to my vaping and it doesn't make me angry. Just because I've become familiar with the vaping world doesn't mean that everyone else is; in fact, not many people I've encountered are, including LE, and the drug scene has taken so many turns that they scramble to keep up with methods of ingestion. It's not a personal assault nor stupidity, simply ignorance of a knowledge we now take for granted. Somewhat like the ignorance we've displayed of how, when and why LE is allowed to do their job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread