The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pulse squonk mod from Tony B & Vandy Vape

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by hazozita, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jj_9

jj_9 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    FR
    HI all !

also if they could make some kind of annoying and ugly colors like blue, black, grey ...
    ;-)

A+
    JJ

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    haha yeah, I may actually wait until they offer it with, or some optional, plain solid colored panels.

• Like Like x 2
  3. score69

score69 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Actually, inexpensive 'plain' panels would be great for a DIY project to create custom panels. I think I could do some interesting work with some dyes and epoxy if I had a pre-cut panel as a starting point.

I'd pick up a few pairs of white/black plain panels to play with some custom designs. The hard part to me is coming up with nice looking and fitting 'base' panels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Sounds like a great idea. Would be an easy and relatively cheap thing to do with waterjets, so if someone knows someone...
    We'd just have to make a 2d CAD model of the part (I can do that but so can almost anybody with calipers ) and get material to the cutting place (if they don't have stock).

5. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Really looking forward to the regulated version. If they come in at around 50 bucks, I'ma be all over it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'll likely pre-order, with the carbon fiber black panels. Perhaps from 3f, though It's early, I'll keep an eye on myvpro, they may offer a pre-order in the $50 zone, competitive with overseas.

7. score69

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I hate pre-orders, but I couldn't help myself, really want this. I went ahead and ordered.

MyVPro and Brad's both have it listed as a pre-order.

Brad's is less expensive, MyVPro has it both with and w/o the refill bottle.

Have to admit, it's more expensive than I thought. Guessing it will come down a few months after the initial frenzy wears off.

Brad's - $72.99 to $78.99 without the refill bottle
    MVPro - $74.99 to $89.99 depending on carbon fiber/resin and with or w/out the refill bottle.

I was kind of figuring the refill bottle would be a freebie offered with all of them, but evidently not.

Just saw on MyVPro, you can use code 'Pulse80' for $10 off.

• Like Like x 3
  8. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Yes, surprised it's priced about the same as a VTinbox V3 with a DNA chip.
    Wonder if I'll ever see the Vapesourcing pre-order for $45 resin w/refill

9. score69

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Yeah, I'm surprised it's this expensive as well.

Cloudy Vapor just listed it as well for $81.99-$87.99 with the refill bottle.

Unless the price drops after the initial frenzy, then it's not going to be a less expensive (or much) option than the Inbox, etc.

I've got an Inbox V2 and a Therion 75C on the way, but I'm not a DNA fanatic since I usually just use power mode. So to me, I would get it anyways, I like the Gene chip. But for folks deciding on this or a DNA device based on price, doesn't seem like a big difference. At least right now with initial pricing.

I think the big appeal and anticipation was based on the fact that it was going to be a more affordable option.

I'm confident the chip will be great and firmware updates will be made available if needed, but it better be a VERY solid mod if they expect it to compete with other devices.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Northernshrink

Northernshrink Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2012
    Bracebridge Ont Canada
  11. stephenwhat

stephenwhat Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Saint Cloud,MN.
    Eciggity just put up there preorder. $59.99 for the carbon fibers,or $5 more for the resin.Looks like there's do not come with the refill bottle,which I thought was suppose to be included with every mod the way they were talking.
    Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80W Box Mod

• Like Like x 1
  12. score69

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Yeah I think VV failed on the 'included' bottle thing. Tony made it sound like it would be 'included'. Ends up it's 'optional' at additional cost. I'm sure it's not Tony's fault.

Just think this is bad marketing by VV. Considering how much more the mod is priced than expected, they should include the darn bottle with the mod. Getting the bottle into the hands of people who normally wouldn't buy it would probably end up with them selling many more of them separately. And most folks who like it will probably want more than one bottle and end up buying them after trying the one the comes with the mod.

I'm still very excited about the mod, just disappointed in the pricing. Feel they may have pushed folks the might have bought it at a more reasonable price back to the Inbox or other mods in this price range.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jj_9

jj_9 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    FR
    Hi all !

one thing in favor of it , from
    Pulse BF 80W Box Mod | VANDY VAPE

It has the voltage adjustment function !
    Just telling for those looking for vari-volt modes ;-)

Regards
    JJ

• Like Like x 3
  14. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Senior Member

Jan 12, 2018

• Like Like x 3
  15. ShaneR42

ShaneR42 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2016
    Must admit, I'm a little disappointed in the pricing and the refill bottle as well. Ah well, I'll probably spring for it anyway. Maybe Fasttech will come in at a better price point.

16. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I am not bothered by the price a bit. $60 at eciggity without the refill bottle is what I paid for my rsq's and I def prefer my drag's tc mode (+ it has curves mode) over the rsq's tc mode.

edit: plus tony said it would be 60 - 75, and that is what I am seeing.

17. ShaneR42

ShaneR42 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2016
    Ahh. I must have heard him wrong. Cool.

• Like Like x 1
  18. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Eciggity
    10% off code:
    10percentoff

• Like Like x 2
  19. _pierced_

_pierced_ Senior Member Verified Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    Add me to the disappointed bunch. Assumed the bottle would be included by default but guess not. Still will get one but not biting on pre orders after my last one was delay after delay. Price is a bit more than I expected but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

20. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    I'm not familiar with the chip, but it seems many people like it. If it's got a good 510 and a good enclosure, I can't see what there is to complain about. It wasn't very long ago we had to pay north of $400 for those features. There's lots of people still paying that kind of money for a cheap plastic box with a strip of copper in it.
    I prefer my squonkers to be mechanical....but if I didn't, I'd think this thing was kind of a steal .

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.