Pulse squonk mod from Tony B & Vandy Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
haha yeah, I may actually wait until they offer it with, or some optional, plain solid colored panels.
Actually, inexpensive 'plain' panels would be great for a DIY project to create custom panels. I think I could do some interesting work with some dyes and epoxy if I had a pre-cut panel as a starting point.

I'd pick up a few pairs of white/black plain panels to play with some custom designs. The hard part to me is coming up with nice looking and fitting 'base' panels.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
inexpensive 'plain' panels would be great for a DIY project to create custom panels
Sounds like a great idea. Would be an easy and relatively cheap thing to do with waterjets, so if someone knows someone...
We'd just have to make a 2d CAD model of the part (I can do that but so can almost anybody with calipers ) and get material to the cutting place (if they don't have stock).

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I hate pre-orders, but I couldn't help myself, really want this. I went ahead and ordered.

MyVPro and Brad's both have it listed as a pre-order.

Brad's is less expensive, MyVPro has it both with and w/o the refill bottle.

Have to admit, it's more expensive than I thought. Guessing it will come down a few months after the initial frenzy wears off.

Brad's - $72.99 to $78.99 without the refill bottle
MVPro - $74.99 to $89.99 depending on carbon fiber/resin and with or w/out the refill bottle.

I was kind of figuring the refill bottle would be a freebie offered with all of them, but evidently not.

Just saw on MyVPro, you can use code 'Pulse80' for $10 off.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I hate pre-orders, but I couldn't help myself, really want this. I went ahead and ordered.

MyVPro and Brad's both have it listed as a pre-order.

Brad's is less expensive, MyVPro has it both with and w/o the refill bottle.

Have to admit, it's more expensive than I thought. Guessing it will come down a few months after the initial frenzy wears off.

Brad's - $72.99 to $78.99 without the refill bottle
    MVPro - $74.99 to $89.99 depending on carbon fiber/resin and with or w/out the refill bottle.

I was kind of figuring the refill bottle would be a freebie offered with all of them, but evidently not.
    Yes, surprised it's priced about the same as a VTinbox V3 with a dna chip.
    Wonder if I'll ever see the Vapesourcing pre-order for $45 resin w/refill

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Yes, surprised it's priced about the same as a VTinbox V3 with a dna chip.
    Wonder if I'll ever see the Vapesourcing pre-order for $45 resin w/refill
    Yeah, I'm surprised it's this expensive as well.

Cloudy Vapor just listed it as well for $81.99-$87.99 with the refill bottle.

Unless the price drops after the initial frenzy, then it's not going to be a less expensive (or much) option than the Inbox, etc.

I've got an Inbox V2 and a Therion 75C on the way, but I'm not a dna fanatic since I usually just use power mode. So to me, I would get it anyways, I like the Gene chip. But for folks deciding on this or a DNA device based on price, doesn't seem like a big difference. At least right now with initial pricing.

I think the big appeal and anticipation was based on the fact that it was going to be a more affordable option.

I'm confident the chip will be great and firmware updates will be made available if needed, but it better be a VERY solid mod if they expect it to compete with other devices.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Eciggity just put up there preorder. $59.99 for the carbon fibers,or $5 more for the resin.Looks like there's do not come with the refill bottle,which I thought was suppose to be included with every mod the way they were talking.
    Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80W Box Mod
    Yeah I think VV failed on the 'included' bottle thing. Tony made it sound like it would be 'included'. Ends up it's 'optional' at additional cost. I'm sure it's not Tony's fault.

Just think this is bad marketing by VV. Considering how much more the mod is priced than expected, they should include the darn bottle with the mod. Getting the bottle into the hands of people who normally wouldn't buy it would probably end up with them selling many more of them separately. And most folks who like it will probably want more than one bottle and end up buying them after trying the one the comes with the mod.

I'm still very excited about the mod, just disappointed in the pricing. Feel they may have pushed folks the might have bought it at a more reasonable price back to the Inbox or other mods in this price range.

Reactions: CagedSpam

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I'm not familiar with the chip, but it seems many people like it. If it's got a good 510 and a good enclosure, I can't see what there is to complain about. It wasn't very long ago we had to pay north of $400 for those features. There's lots of people still paying that kind of money for a cheap plastic box with a strip of copper in it.
    I prefer my squonkers to be mechanical....but if I didn't, I'd think this thing was kind of a steal .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread