Status
Not open for further replies.

ian74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Just checking everyone's experience with V2 Punch cartos. I just bought 6 boxes of these cartos and I have to say, I am not getting near the longevity out of them as I did with the V1 cartos. Same device, same voltage, same liquid. With a V1 carto I could get 7-8 days. Sadly, with the V2s I'm getting about 3 days each. It's a shame. I think because of the bigger holes I'm flooding them sooner, and they just can't seem to keep up. The first 2 out of the first box, filled with the condom method and soaked overnight, both burnt within the first few minutes.

Really hope the V1s come back, which they probably won't. Just curious if anyone else has thoughts on these?

Not trying to troll, just disappointed. I get the same lifespan out of Boge cartos at this point (which I was using when I couldn't get any IKVs).

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
Trying my first Mega-Punch v2. I'm having the opposite problem. But I'm using a new juice that seems on the thick side. Please forgive me, I'm a noob. Is pre soaking the generally accepted modus operandi?
I'm trying desperately to understand that. Because my short experience with pre punched Boges has been wildly inconsistent.

ian74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Trying my first Mega-Punch v2. I'm having the opposite problem. But I'm using a new juice that seems on the thick side. Please forgive me, I'm a noob. Is pre soaking the generally accepted modus operandi?
I'm trying desperately to understand that. Because my short experience with pre punched Boges has been wildly inconsistent.

I always fill with the condom method and let sit for at least an hour, usually I set up 2. Cap the other filled one and keep it for later so I don't have to wait when the first one dies.

I have other things I vape but my main out and about is a carto. Lots of time I fill and let soak overnight, put tank together in the morning after blowing or draining out the excess. Time is your friend on this. Can't rush a fill.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I use 2 methods. The first one I pull off the condum on the mouthpiece end, drip 25 drops in and let it soak in for a couple minutes then I put it in the tank and fill the tank. Method 2. I put it in the tank. Fill the tank almost to the very top, then shove the top on forcing the juice into the carto while tilting it upside down so the juice gets to the top too.

Last edited:

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
Some kind of liquid surface tension equilibrium, huh?
That's the method I'll stick too going forward.

I can't help but wonder if temperature, humidity and barometric pressure play into carto-tank performance. When I first was vaping on my G6 with plain cartos (no tank), the weather fluctuations going from winter to spring made performance very changeable. I started a topic in the beginners forum and one man replied about how his tanks would flood while hiking in the mountains once he got high in altitude.

I have a Smoktek Pyrex that I have Tribeca in. Boge F-16 carto, vaping fine. Box of 5, have 2 left including the one currently in the tank. But before that I had one that flooded and wouldn't stop flooding. Tried to sop up excess juice inside and at connector end. It just kinda kept wicking out the connector. The second wouldn't wick even after taking it out, soaking, reinserting. Got a few drags then dry hits. The third worked decent for a spell then started started hitting weakly. Resistance went from its 1.6 ohm starting point to about 3 ohms or so and then died. (Smacks forehead) ...I didn't take note of my initial fill (or no fill) method for the 3 tossed cartos.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
So what I'm processing is that the idea is to have the filler material very to fully saturated before vaping in a tank, right?
I try not to fully soak them because every puff you take draws in more juice. Pretty soon you get a flooded carto. When I get a flooded carto that is tanked I tip it up so the holes are not in the juice and vape until it clears. You'll get the hang of using tanks. I'm currently having better luck with Ikenvapes Pro Tank and his DBox. I never thought anything would beat my Fusions but these as well as his new CE5s with his coils are great.
FM2a_zpsa213cdf0.png

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
What PG/VG ratio works best in general. And if you'd like, your ideal ratios for 1/2/3 hole pre punched Boge/Smoktek/Ikenvape(platinum and/or fusion). And your your thoughts on self punched. .....as little or as much as you'd like to share. :)
Sorry I've been off topic ian74, after I have run a couple more V2's I'll have more of an opinion and more to share.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I've used 1,2,3, and 4 holes and noticed no change. I do keep them small. Isaacs cartos have the right sized holes. I can't vape VG it gives me terrific headaches but from what I've read VG is harder on cartos unless it is thinned down. Tanks operate on a vacuum system so if it doesn't have an air leak anywhere or you don't pull juice out of it by puffing it will stay full. People get leaky tanks and start looking for the spot the juice is leaking out when they should be looking for where the air is leaking in. Fusions are my favorite. I've used platinums and they're good but I'm a Fusion person.

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
Ah, so 100% PG. Thanks.
My odds of a good performing carto (or cartotank) have seemed worse than a flip of a coin. But when they are working fairly well I think a cartotank is a good delivery system.
But I've just been vaping two or three months so my cartotank experience is probably a couple of weeks. I feel I'm learning fast but sometimes I have to remember to be patient and keep a cool head to keep from scooping up most ecig equipment and juices I own and throwing them in the wastebasket.

Well, at least we're keeping this thread bumped and highlighted for the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread