Purilum Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Apologies, mixed up your post with @Vicman about the coconut note.
It is funny how one flavor can be so different to people. I really get a strong coconut note on the inhale, almost like a Mounds bar. I get a slight tobacco note on the exhale. I do not get that note with the Original, Bourbon, or Vanilla Tobaccos. I thought I my taste buds were still off from a cold I had until I seen someone else mention it. I guess this would be a case of taste is subjective or YMMV.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Fran, I really like the butterscotch ripple. It reminds me of the Brachs butterscotch hard candy that I got as a kid.
Have you mixed as a stand alone flavor? If so, at what %? Given that most of FW flavorings require higher % than other flavors I was thinking at around 10%

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Straight from the flavor bottle, the ST smells and tastes like coconut to me. Oh well.
I have tried the ST mixed with the FW butterscotch ripple. To me, no hint of coconut. Funny how we all are so different in our tastes.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I love coconut flavoring, it appears I am in the minority. LOL. One of my favorite standalone recipes is a coconut with three different makers, a bit of sweet cream, and marshmallow. It's really not overly sweet, and doesn't taste "chemically" to me at all, and at this point my current bottle has been around over a month. I can vape it straight, or combine with a coco mix and I love both.

Of course, I really like coconut (the real thing) but also various coconut candies, cookies, and yoghurts, the "artificial" coconut is bearable to me I guess, but I agree it's a totally different animal than "fresh" coconut (which I also like) but I guess I am well accustomed to "tasting" the coconut I also vape. I will agree the two tastes are vastly different, I just happen to like both of them. I even have a coconut greek yoghurt flavor that vapes very similarly to when I eat coconut greek yoghurt, although I tend not to combine the two (in my vape, but mainly not in the same time frame.) Coconut was the first thing I vaped where I was like, "Yes, I have tasted that flavor before, many times.

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I love coconut flavoring, it appears I am in the minority. LOL. One of my favorite standalone recipes is a coconut with three different makers, a bit of sweet cream, and marshmallow. It's really not overly sweet, and doesn't taste "chemically" to me at all, and at this point my current bottle has been around over a month. I can vape it straight, or combine with a coco mix and I love both.

Of course, I really like coconut (the real thing) but also various coconut candies, cookies, and yoghurts, the "artificial" coconut is bearable to me I guess, but I agree it's a totally different animal than "fresh" coconut (which I also like) but I guess I am well accustomed to "tasting" the coconut I also vape. I will agree the two tastes are vastly different, I just happen to like both of them. I even have a coconut greek yoghurt flavor that vapes very similarly to when I eat coconut greek yoghurt, although I tend not to combine the two (in my vape, but mainly not in the same time frame.) Coconut was the first thing I vaped where I was like, "Yes, I have tasted that flavor before, many times.

Anna
I love coconut also. Care to share your recipe? If not, can you indicate which you use the most of(vendor) in your three flavor mixture?

Thx.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep I can but it may have to be later. I'd have to dig out my workbook and whatnot, and check my flavors. I say this merely because I am probably about to be kicked off the internet shortly (LOL, I asked my husband to put parental controls on me so I could stick to my schedule better, although they've been a bit inconsistent, but I fully expect to be kicked off any minute now....)

Later, I will dig it up. :)

Anna

Reactions: Beamslider

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yep I can but it may have to be later. I'd have to dig out my workbook and whatnot, and check my flavors. I say this merely because I am probably about to be kicked off the internet shortly (LOL, I asked my husband to put parental controls on me so I could stick to my schedule better, although they've been a bit inconsistent, but I fully expect to be kicked off any minute now....)

Later, I will dig it up. :)

Anna
Whenever you can.....I use (most of the time)TFA's coconut extra.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Anyone try the Nic River Vanilla Bacco yet?

Tobacco Bourbon - Meh
ST+Gold Ducat - Yuk

I tried the vanilla tobacco and still have some. The Vanilla was way too strong for me but I may have used too much. Haven't gotten around to trying a lower amount but still have the bottle. At any rate I think the Vanilla is the primary flavor

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Try the Purilum coconut. It doesn't take forever to steep and no chemical taste. Just fresh coconut.
I just got some PUR fresh coconut in the mail yesterday and am planning to mix it today. Is that the one you are talking about?

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

Anna
No I love a good coconut flavor in vape. I can even sit and eat a bag of shredded coconut.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I just got some PUR fresh coconut in the mail yesterday and am planning to mix it today. Is that the one you are talking about?

Yes. I like it. after about 2 weeks it really seems authentic coconut. No off taste and only lightly sweet.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Purilum is one I have. I want to say the others were FA, and possibly FW...

I use: 3% Purilum, 2% FA, and 2% of the final one which I'm unsure of. I add 1% Purilum toasted marshmallow and about 1.5 sweet whipped cream (blanking on the name of the flavor, but I find many of the creams similar. I've also used Bavarian Cream. I drop of "super sweet" per 30 mls, (sucralose) but I'm not entirely sure that step is necessary. Etc.

That's most of the recipe, and apparently, ECF is magically NOT blocked, while the rest of the internet is and I have no idea why, neither does the husband I guess.... Doesn't help me much, I must say, although after this cup of coffee, I'm getting up and about. Taking the kid and his dog to the dog park. I would really like it if the husband figured it out, or I am going to have to dig deep into the self control well, LOL.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread