hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    How sweet is that Butterscotch ripple,Hitt?

Have you mixed as a stand alone flavor? If so, at what %? Given that most of FW flavorings require higher % than other flavors I was thinking at around 10%

:)

I haven't tried mixing it solo. I just found out about it on this thread and started mixing it at about 4% with the sweet tobacco. If I'm feeling better this weekend I'll mix some up at 10% and give it a try.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Purilum is one I have. I want to say the others were FA, and possibly FW...

I use: 3% Purilum, 2% FA, and 2% of the final one which I'm unsure of. I add 1% Purilum toasted marshmallow and about 1.5 sweet whipped cream (blanking on the name of the flavor, but I find many of the creams similar. I've also used Bavarian Cream. I drop of "super sweet" per 30 mls, (sucralose) but I'm not entirely sure that step is necessary. Etc.

That's most of the recipe, and apparently, ECF is magically NOT blocked, while the rest of the internet is and I have no idea why, neither does the husband I guess.... Doesn't help me much, I must say, although after this cup of coffee, I'm getting up and about. Taking the kid and his dog to the dog park. I would really like it if the husband figured it out, or I am going to have to dig deep into the self control well, LOL.

Anna
    Thanks Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Thank you much. I do have a question for ya. Do you think the Purlium cheesecake and Graham flavors are better than Cap or TFA?
    For a bite(slight tang) in my cheesecake recipes I like TFA. PUR is much more creamy and smooth without that real cheesecake flavor. At least to me. YMMV

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Thank you much. I do have a question for ya. Do you think the Purlium cheesecake and Graham flavors are better than Cap or TFA?

Better? Maybe, for me, yes. I have never tried the TFA versions, so I can't compare. To me, CAP is creamy, tangy/sour - PUR is creamy, tangy/sweet. Neither have a strong crust note. I have typically used CAP Graham Cracker v1 with their NY Cheesecake 1/5 & it's good. PUR Cheesecake Graham is not really graham, to me. It's more like a traditional crust, buttery/crumbly, but I like it. I want to try the PUR NY Cheesecake with CAP Graham Cracker but haven't gotten around to it yet. Guess I should do that...

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Better? Maybe, for me, yes. I have never tried the TFA versions, so I can't compare. To me, CAP is creamy, tangy/sour - PUR is creamy, tangy/sweet. Neither have a strong crust note. I have typically used CAP Graham Cracker v1 with their NY Cheesecake 1/5 & it's good. PUR Cheesecake Graham is not really graham, to me. It's more like a traditional crust, buttery/crumbly, but I like it. I want to try the PUR NY Cheesecake with CAP Graham Cracker but haven't gotten around to it yet. Guess I should do that...
    I mixed both PUR cheesecake flavor together using 4% for the NY cheesecake and 3% for their cheesecake graham. Thick and creamy but no cheesecake flavor. Either I need to steep longer, its been 2 weeks or I need to up one of the flavors. Which one would you suggest upping the % on?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a lot of Cap NY Cheesecake and the Graham cracker also. I also have a lot of TFA Cheesecake with graham and Graham cracker also.I also have the very bitter plain TFA cheesecake. A drop or 2 of that is good to tame a too sweet cheesecake mix.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Fran, did you try the vanilla nut brittle? I’m trying it today. I probably should have waited until I was over my cold. I mixed it at 10% and it’s pretty sweet.
    I mixed the vanilla nut brittle @ 6% and it is way too strong for me. Not sweet at all. In fact, kinda bitter. Should I remix at a lower % or up it to get possibly a sweet note in there. No really leaning in that direction tho. Back to steeping.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I like strong flavor so I always start at 10%. This one steeped for 2-3 weeks. It’s definitely sweet at 10% but I’ve got a cold so I’m not really picking up on the flavor profile.
    Thanks Hitt. I am thinking maybe I will give it a little longer steep before trying to do something with it. It has already steeped 10 days so I thought it was ready and filled a tank(small one) and ended up adding some hangsen vanilla(in the tank) to make it vapable. That smoothed it out but don't want to make it an all time thing.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    I ended up adding some ice cream (HS) in with the caramel coffee with sweet milk. It's mixed at caramel coffee with sweet milk at 6%, ice cream (HS) 1.5%. I just tried it today after adding the ice cream about 2 weeks ago. The strong coffee noted toned down and is really more in the background now. It reminds me of a creamer I use every once in a while with my coffee; Cold stone sweet cream by International Delight. Just vaped a tank of it and about to refill and continue vaping it tonight, Very rare for a coffee vape to keep my attention for more than a short session. In truth, it's more of a dessert than coffee now though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread