Question about Mini-Sub....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calypso53

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
NJ
Hi, I'd like to try a tank, never had one before, new to vaping. I have the Lux which I understand has a 510 connection so can I use the Mini-Sub with this? I'm looking at the assembled tank with Boge 2.0 cartomizer. Will this work with the bigger battery on the lux? And it does come with filling instructions right? Thank you!:)

Calypso53

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
NJ
I do not own a LUX, but this is what I found about it:

Compatibility:
•The LUX uses 902 atomizers and cartridges
•The LUX is also compatible with any 510 atomizer/cartomizer

So then the connection should work, but I was also wondering about the larger battery in the LUX..........is that also compatible with the Boge 2.0 cartomizer in the tank? The 3.0 assembled one seems to be out of stock, and I am clueless as to which one is the right one.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
OK, a tank w/ 2.0 carto should work just fine.....the tank uses either 2.0 or 3.0 ohm, so if you don't like the 2.0 you can just buy a 3.0 and put it in the tank and vape....

@Calypso53

The tanks just fit around the carto so you can really buy any ohm rating you prefer--I actually use mine with the steel-bodied version of the DCC's you're using.

I only found two references to LUX, the skinny cigarette-sized batteries and a slightly larger eGo-sized 900mah. Since you are calling it "the bigger battery" I will assume you have the 900mah (especially since I don;t think the skinny batts could handle 1.5 ohms, even in a dual-coil configuration).

Two things to keep in mind: if you're going under 2 ohms, make sure they're dual-coils. They'll burn through the battery charge a lot faster, but the single coil configurations (like the 1.7ohm M&P offers in their tank) will put way too much of a draw on that small of a battery and fry it. Also, be aware that even though the dual-coils may work for you, they may also suddenly stop. A lot of people report that the "fat batt" PV's at 1100mah and lower don't survive usage with atomizer/cartomizers under 2 ohms and a lot of people report no problems at all as long as their dual-coils. Since they work for you so far you seem to fall into the latter camp, but you should be aware that the batteries will probably need replacing much sooner than if you stuck to 2 ohms or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread