America's Newest Submarine Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Yeah, I have a 3ml syringe plunger as the stopper for my current fill hole, so that's one option. I really like the idea of the thumb screw though. Seems like it will be even more convenient. The 20ml syringe tube I'm using seems too thin to hold a screw, so I haven't tried that.

Perhaps a self-tapping wood screw? Grind the pointy end off, and maybe the threads will be far enough apart to fit around, and grip, the wall of the syringe?

I love your sig BTW. I just about choked on my vapor reading that. :laugh:

Thanks for the help. I'm definitely going to get 1 or 2 and play around. I may have to visit the screw dept of Home Depot.

Did you follow the link? Would you like to buy a monkey? made me laugh hard enough my wife asked if I was alright. The quote in my sig is just the most memorable line from it :thumb:

bewsii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Tennessee
I finally got my Mini-sub tank in, and I must say: I love it! I really makes vaping convenient when you're not using a bottom-feeder. I love how it doesn't spin around on the carto, though I would love to see it made with Delrin caps and not have the spinning issue most of the Delrin's do, while remaining near the price of the current ones! May be asking too much, hehe.

I only ordered one juice from you guys, the Tropical Smoothie, and it's pretty good. I can definitely taste the Pineapple in it, but I've decided to let it steep for now.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Where is that list of juices NOT to use with a tank? It needs to be a sticky.

The original and ongoing thread is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos.html

Most recently compiled list: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-3.html#post4611495

Suggestion that grommeted tanks (as opposed to delrin or metal caps) are not as prone to the problem: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-3.html#post4903273

Very short list of corrosive agents and link to article explaining why they crack: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-3.html#post4904929

It's worth going through the whole thread if you're worried about the issue especially since new juices are constantly being added and ways to decrease/solve the issue are constantly being suggested and tried...

:thumb:

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
...I also know that I have vape a tank or two (at least on, not more than two) of the KBV Hummingbird Nectar, which is on that list, with absolutely no indication of damage to the tank....

HBN from KBV is one of my all day vapes and I have used it in both the MAP DCT's and the Smoktech's with no issues. I'm not sure how it made it on the list. At one point, I only had 2 tanks so it would get rotated in and out but have since bought a couple more tanks and it now has it's own dedicated tank that has been refilled tens of times with no issues. Butterfly Bait now has it's own dedicated tank too and of course I havent encountered any issues with it either. I just placed an order for 2 of the large sub tanks and am excited for them to get here to try them out!!

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
HBN from KBV is one of my all day vapes and I have used it in both the MAP DCT's and the Smoktech's with no issues. I'm not sure how it made it on the list. ...

I know. Not all of KBV's juices are on the list, so it's not like someone was thinking they use an ingredient in everything that might crack tanks, and the flavour is light enough and distinctive enough that it obviously does not contain any of the known culprits or usual suspects. I'm thinking that maybe someone ran a cinnamon or citrus flavour through the tank and the cracking didn't show up (or they didn't notice it) until there was HbN in it. In discussions of the list I've only ever seen people mention the HbN in the sense of "that's crazy, I've never had a problem with it in a tank"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread