America's Newest Submarine Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonayran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
in a box.
Got my tank, the cartos came with 3 punched holes. But yet I have not experienced any leaks at all.Super easy to fill. Love these so much thank you mom and pop!

hvyqyr.jpg

RB37

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Loudoun County VA
Waiting on my first mini sub, got just about every other kind of tank here, and I figured I am going to like the ones from M&P better because you can use your own cartomizers (I am a big fan of the horizontal coil carts). So I just went to their site to stock up on tanks, and they are all out of stock... :( I guess atleast I have one coming in, but I have so many juices... lol

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Got my tank, the cartos came with 3 punched holes. But yet I have not experienced any leaks at all.Super easy to fill. Love these so much thank you mom and pop!

hvyqyr.jpg

oow jonayran that looks purdy i have a black metal flake tank with a viewing window to see juice level that would also look cool on her pm me if Interested hehe!!

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
The Sub Tank (5ml) can work with the standard boge's (2 or 3ohm) using a 510-510 adapter on a Lavatube or any other device.

The length is just perfect, but you need the 510-510 adapter for air flow. Of course the Boge's work flawlessly on the LavaTube as opposed to the dual coils, which I should be able to use on my SB at either 5 or 6V.

BTW...I use the J-Tank & the MadVape tanks as well...but the big advantage of the Sub Tank is the side hole for filling, not a leak in sight, and also the very gummy o-rings that make it so easy to insert the carto.:D I'll also be trying the 801 Fusion Carts once they arrive, which are the same diameter/length like the boges.

Last edited:

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
I received my order of two mini sub tanks today. When I saw the end caps inside the tank my first thought was these weren't going to work, but then I put in the carto and it expands for a perfect fit.

Working very well! Thanks for providing the product at a reasonable price.

Kind of cute looking too I might add.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
This is available many places, but as it is appropriate for the tanks and I, myself, have not seen it before, I figured I would repost it here. I debated the propriety of including other vendors' juices in Mom & Pop's forum, both because of the matter of "mentioning the competition" and because of the apparent suggestion that their juice is somehow inherently "safer" due to their lack of inclusion, but I decided that editing the list in any way would compromise its integrity and do a disservice to My4Jewels' hard work in compiling it. My original thought was simply to forward the list privately to Scuba, in case she hadn't seen it, so that she could have the information about the flavourings on the off-chance that she uses any of them (I have no idea). I decided that this information should be available to everyone, and based on their previous demonstrations of concern for their customers Mom & Pop would likely respost it anyway.

I may have made poor decisions. I know that I am in violation of one of ECF's rules in mentioning a competitor's product in a registered vendor's thread without their express permission. Either Mom & Pop or the ECF mods may take appropriate action, I understand the possible consequences of my action. I realize that I am taking a chance on offending Pop and/or Scuba, and if I have done so I am truly sorry (though I do not think this is the case or I wouldn't be doing it). I am also aware that I may be in violation of some other ECF rule of which I am not aware, and if this is the case I will accept the consequences.

With that out of the way, this list does not suggest any danger or represent any risk to health, it merely collects juices and flavourings that have been known to damage the polycarbonate tube used in most tanks (including the Sub and mini-Sub). I have run multiple tanks of M&P's Butterfly Bait, Caramel and Spearmint through one with absolutely no indication of cracking or damage of any kind.

I have slightly reformatted the list into cohesive groups but have neither added nor subtracted any information at all.

----------

Flavors and Juices that are known to react with polycarbonate
Special thanks to ECF Ultra Member My4Jewels for taking the time and effort to compile this list for the vaping community. It is greatly appreciated.

Sour flavors
Malic acid
Citrus acid
Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffee cake, this is okay
Wintergreen juice or flavoring
Nutmeg
Clove oil
Mt. Dew flavoring
mimosa(because of the orange)
cola(because of cinnamon)?
Sassafras
Oil based/e liquid that contains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively

TPA ripe banana flavoring
TPA honeysuckle flavoring
TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
TPA cherry blossom flavoring
TPA root beer flavoring
TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
TPA Pineapple flavoring
TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavoring

Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
KBV Hummingbird nectar
Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
Vapor Renu Mt. Dew baha blast and Strawberry limeade
Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake
Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola
Vixen Vapor Rootbeer
Vaporgod Licorice
VAL Goddess
VermillionRiver e juice

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
pwyll this is a good post with that said

I am amazed or we are just lucky but we have had one and only one tank crack and scuba was vaping a citrus orange that she was trying in it, it was in the first trial of tanks, I have never put our root beer float in a tank but i will now. OH!! for all you folks having this problem we may have a cure for you we have a new tubing coming that has proven to be much better to stand up to the cracking so better days are ahead. I have read a lot about this but just haven't experience it except the once and that was a test recipe that scuba loved, but did not make it to the store for some reason. I vape a lot of the flavors mentioned and have not had any cracking with our tanks WHY. I am going to try to crack some tanks (lol) I know this is happening and I have the stuff to do a real test with just the ingredients we have. I have a bunch maybe 8 used tanks I am going to load up and let sit to see what happens. I am simply curious as to what is happening. I will have scuba review the list and make some juice for testing and i will post my results in the mean time we do have a new tubing coming that may help folks having this problem now I get to have more fun hehe this is a good post lets see how it go's. I will start the testing soon and try to crack some Tanks

Last edited:

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
I know basically what happens is that some of the oils react with the polycarbonate to weaken it, and some oils react with the PG/VG to create esters that make the polycarbonate breakdown. But that's just from reading. I don't know (as in understand) exactly what's going on.

I do know that strong cinnamon juices can crack polycarbonate tanks within hours and that no one that vapes the strong cinnamons can use a polycarbonate tank. I have read that "all licorices" will crack tanks eventually, but I've only read it a couple times and I consider it "unconfirmed." I also know that I have vape a tank or two (at least on, not more than two) of the KBV Hummingbird Nectar, which is on that list, with absolutely no indication of damage to the tank.

I suspect with a lot of those flavourings/ingredients that ratios and combinations have a lot to do with it as well.

I also know that borosilicate glass (like Pyrex) is immune, and that certain plastics should be either immune or very resistant but that no one could find them in a form that would be suitable for tanks as most people know them (for instance thick-walled vinyl tubing can be used, but it is soft and very flexible and most people can't deal with it as a tank body--though there are quite a few people who do).

Sounds like you may have found one of the sought-after plastics--though in all honesty the vast majority of people obviously do just fine with the polycarbonate...

ZenSilk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
SLC
Oh yes I was just curious, I bought them at such an unbelievably low price before that I had to pick up more than just 1. These tanks are more than I could ever ask for, and I was inquiring simply because I want a few more. :) . Everything about these tanks is perfect, and even at their newer price they are a a darn steal. They don't leak, they aren't hard to use with cartos, the seals are easy to adjust, they are so easy to fill it's ridiculous and they are priced so right. I have 4 already and am already looking to nab a few more for some more everyday vapes I plan on discovering relatively soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread