Status
Not open for further replies.

Suthrnbuckhunter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
SW Georgia,USA
I purchased a couple of bottles of Pg & VG,and there was no info on the proper storage method.I purchased a 1 liter bottle of 0 mg nic VG and a few smaller bottles of 36 mg nic pg,and a bit of pg/vg 36 nic ..so im wonder if Y'all can help a noobie out and tell me how to store the unused product....thank you for your help...:)

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Store 0 nic PG and VG in a cool place, at least normal room temperature cool.

With nic, the main culprit is oxygen. Next is heat and light. For long term storage, keep it in the freezer.
I keep large, unopened bottles in the freezer. Opened large bottles are broken down into smaller ones and stored in the freezer. I keep the stuff I use monthly in the refrigerator in a smaller bottle.

Try to minimize air space. If you have large bottles, get small ones, preferably cobalt blue or amber. Break down the large bottles into the smaller ones to minimize the amount of air that's in contact with the juice during storage. Fill them very close to the top before freezing. Unlike water, VG and PG hardly expand at all when they're frozen.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.

Wizard labs sells amber bottles pretty inexpensively. They are great for storing in the freezer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Suthrnbuckhunter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
SW Georgia,USA
Next question that comes to mind after going to Wizzard Lab is,and this is getting of topic but,it did pop into my mind,LOL....is the 18mg/ml Nicotine Solution that they sell,the same as the 18mg/ml Nicotine Solution that I purchased from my free smokes,in the since that it is safe,(tasteless) but safe to vape straight from the bottle.I guess my concern is that the base solution I purchased says its perfectly safe straight out of the bottle and I didnt see that comment on the wizzard lab site...sorry for being a bit paraniod but I am very new to this and im trying to cut my cost,but I want to be safe in my new found hobby....my thinking here is to come up with a menthol that is to my liking without paying someone else to make it for me,so if the solution that Wizzard sells is something I can vape straight out of the bottle then I can add drops out menthol at a time till I find my favorite mix....thank you all for the helpful replies,I'm lovin this forum

Suthrnbuckhunter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
SW Georgia,USA
The page for 18 mg/ml Wizard Labs does say this "The 18mg Nicotine solution strength is considered safe for direct application without further dilution."

It's right above the safety warnings that are in red text.

Hey...thank you,,,so I guess I better read more closely...thanks my freind

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
Welcome to a fellow Georgian. I have been dabbling with menthol mixes for a few weeks, haven't quite gotten it right yet. Here is what "grumpster" posted in another thread.
"The crystals are easy to crush. I usually use a mortar and pestle I bought at wallyworld.
I bought a couple bottles of commercial a while back and the label said it was 66% menthol and 34% ethanol so that's the formula I've stuck to. I just fill a small bottle with 34% ethanol (Golden Grain, Everclear,or any other brand of 190 proof grain alcohol), add crushed crystals till dissolved. Add more crystals if necessary to get the correct total volume and I'm done.
The dry crystals will take up a little more space when measured dry than once their dissolved. The better you crush them, the more accurately you can measure them to start out with. By starting with the measured ethanol and adding crystals till a total dissolved volume is reached it allows me to produce a accurate ratio every time. What ratio you use isn't as important is being to duplicate is in the future for consistency."

I have been using a premixed at that strength. I have it down to 1 drop menthol and 10 drops Koolada in 10ml e-liquid. The Koolada provides the cooling effect. Any stronger and it tasted like Vicks Vaporub to me. It is still a bit strong for my taste but it will give you a starting point.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Store 0 nic PG and VG in a cool place, at least normal room temperature cool.

With nic, the main culprit is oxygen. Next is heat and light. For long term storage, keep it in the freezer.
I keep large, unopened bottles in the freezer. Opened large bottles are broken down into smaller ones and stored in the freezer. I keep the stuff I use monthly in the refrigerator in a smaller bottle.

Try to minimize air space. If you have large bottles, get small ones, preferably cobalt blue or amber. Break down the large bottles into the smaller ones to minimize the amount of air that's in contact with the juice during storage. Fill them very close to the top before freezing. Unlike water, VG and PG hardly expand at all when they're frozen.
Excellent summary there from Sailorman.

If you want to get into the details, check this thread...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/134842-long-term-storage-e-liquid.html

Suthrnbuckhunter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
SW Georgia,USA
Welcome to a fellow Georgian. I have been dabbling with menthol mixes for a few weeks, haven't quite gotten it right yet. Here is what "grumpster" posted in another thread.
"The crystals are easy to crush. I usually use a mortar and pestle I bought at wallyworld.
I bought a couple bottles of commercial a while back and the label said it was 66% menthol and 34% ethanol so that's the formula I've stuck to. I just fill a small bottle with 34% ethanol (Golden Grain, Everclear,or any other brand of 190 proof grain alcohol), add crushed crystals till dissolved. Add more crystals if necessary to get the correct total volume and I'm done.
The dry crystals will take up a little more space when measured dry than once their dissolved. The better you crush them, the more accurately you can measure them to start out with. By starting with the measured ethanol and adding crystals till a total dissolved volume is reached it allows me to produce a accurate ratio every time. What ratio you use isn't as important is being to duplicate is in the future for consistency."

I have been using a premixed at that strength. I have it down to 1 drop menthol and 10 drops Koolada in 10ml e-liquid. The Koolada provides the cooling effect. Any stronger and it tasted like Vicks Vaporub to me. It is still a bit strong for my taste but it will give you a starting point.

now thats interesting,I was about to just desolve it in a bit of 0 nic pg,which I think will prolly work. And the cooling effect of Koolada sounds nice as well.I think Ill give Grumpster's method a try and see what I get....thanks for the reply RichardV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread