Question about the classic pen usb pass through...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
The battery packs were $29.87 a piece. I bought two of them. (Crap). So I'll give it a shot and let you guys know if, by some miracle it works. I'll just have to get some of David's Passthroughs.:(

As far as charge time, it just says; when the light turns green. I'll pull them then.

crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!

Last edited:

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
OK, Cell and Sun, I'm confused. I bought the Duracell also but have not used it because I'm waiting on the usb pass through from puresmoker. It definitely won't work with a penstyle pass through and I should just return the thing is that right?????????

wv2win

Yes, From Reading The Below Reviews I Would Return It!

Keep Vapin!

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks for the heads up, Cell, but CRAP!!!! So, if I get an APC battery pack for $50 will that work? Anyone know?

Yes, the APC battery packs work...if you are talking about the same one that was on sale at Frys some time ago. Do you know if it's the same one? Got a pic?

Lu

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the heads up, Cell, but CRAP!!!! So, if I get an APC battery pack for $50 will that work? Anyone know?

Wv--This one has been posted many times by others and I purchased it months ago on their advise. It is a beast--give it a try (I think his shipping cost is out of line but it lasts 2-3 days without needing a charge and comes with an AC charger and a Auto Charger as well) Sun

See USB 2 Battery Pack & Charger for iPhone 1G 3G cell phon - eBay (item 250364936915 end time Mar-29-09 21:40:01 PDT)

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Thanks, guys. I'll get one of these from the ebay guy. Any advice on how to make the pass through last longer? I was planning on putting electrical tape around where the cord goes into the LED to try and prevent the wire from coming loose. Any other suggestions?

wv2win If your getting the Vaporguys USB Pass-Through You Don't have to tape it up, its a quality unit unlike most others I have tried.

I have several with no issues.

For Maintenance:

- Unplug it when not in use
- Do not wiggle / jiggle the USB connection
- Do Not Over Tighten The Connection, Try Using The Same Atomizer On It
- Hang the Threaded Connector End Down toward the floor When Not in Use
- Clean the Threaded Connections with Cotton Pad / Q-tips
- Do Not Allow or have the Pen Connected and left in the vertical direction
- Use your Pen but always put it down horizontally
- Temporary Storage with Atomizer Use The Horizontal Position

The Biggest Killer On A Good USB Pass-Through Is Juice Dripping Into The Switch In The Pass-Through Unit Itself, so heed above for the best.

The Cheaper USB Pass Throughs Units The Cord Does Come Out or Break in The End of it, A Small Piece of electrical tape is fine, but do not bend the wire over the end of it & tape it.

Hope This Helps

Keep Vapin!

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Wv--This one has been posted many times by others and I purchased it months ago on their advise. It is a beast--give it a try (I think his shipping cost is out of line but it lasts 2-3 days without needing a charge and comes with an AC charger and a Auto Charger as well) Sun
See USB 2 Battery Pack & Charger for iPhone 1G 3G cell phon - eBay (item 250364936915 end time Mar-29-09 21:40:01 PDT)
Same pack is also sold at this ebay store at changing prices (where I purchased):
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/StyleTechGroup

also if folks want to look for pack elsewhere, here is the manufacturer page:
http://www.pcusacorp.com/product/YP-M8565.html

Curtis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
Well, the lights went green after about 3 hours. I plugged in my Puresmoker pass through and took a drag. The light on top lit up green for a few seconds and then turned red and went out, as I took my drag. I got a very light hit with very little vapor. It kinda works, but it's nowhere near as powerful as the desktop usb, or the ipod charger.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Same pack is also sold at this ebay store at changing prices (where I purchased):
eBay Store - StyleTechGroup: USB Hub, Enclosure, Keyboard

also if folks want to look for pack elsewhere, here is the manufacturer page:
USB Universal External Portable Power Bank for iPhone iPod

FYI: Thats The Biggest Yank On Shipping $15.99!!!

But if It Is Shipped by UPS (states UPS Ground) to A Residential US Address, 1LB. thats about right price for shipping (for a Non-Worldship Business Customer)

The Seller should be shipping by USPS Priority mail, Cost for 1lb average with discount $4.85, add another 1LB for $1.00 to $3.00 depending on shipping zone).

I do like the idea it comes with a case!

Again You Get What You Pay For, Looks Like A Good Unit, But I Have Not Tried It Yet. Their are several positive reviews here.

Jamie Thank You For The Info & Links!

Keep Vapin.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I got a very light hit with very little vapor. It kinda works, but it's nowhere near as powerful as the desktop usb, or the ipod charger.

This is what happened when I initially tried a 500ma usb wall adapter and car adapter. It just barely worked and that's how (when) you know you got the wrong thing.

Lu

jpschwan

Nov 24, 2008
Ashland, OH, USA
Well, the lights went green after about 3 hours. I plugged in my Puresmoker pass through and took a drag. The light on top lit up green for a few seconds and then turned red and went out, as I took my drag. I got a very light hit with very little vapor. It kinda works, but it's nowhere near as powerful as the desktop usb, or the ipod charger.

The light on top lit up green for a few seconds and then turned red and went out....I imagine you mean the light on the battery pack itself?

I got the same unit the other day, and this is exactly what it did for me... after about a 12-hour charge on a wall charger! :shock:

I also have Steve's passthru. It works ok plugged into my computer [of course only my rear USB ports are 2.0 8-o], but as for the battery pack....

The light on the end of the passthru blinks after about 2-3 seconds of puffin' and I get a very light puff if anything.

I wonder if this thing would at least work if I had a USB charger adapter?? I could use that to charge a regular battery in my pocket or something. [is that an e-cig battery in ur pocket or are u just glad to see me? lol]

I don't know....I bought this passthru/battery pack setup because I was tired of diddling around with batteries and chargers every few hours....I only have one battery since one died, and I was hoping this was the killer app.....I guess not yet :( lol

And my wife wonders why sometimes I just wanna bust out and burn down an analog!

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I don't know....I bought this passthru/battery pack setup because I was tired of diddling around with batteries and chargers every few hours....I only have one battery since one died, and I was hoping this was the killer app.....I guess not yet :( lol

And my wife wonders why sometimes I just wanna bust out and burn down an analog!

There are battery packs that do work with the passthroughs.

Read post #25 and there is another thread around right now about it too that you might want to take a look at.

Lu

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
search for the right battery pack or power pack
make sure it is the right one with good reviews from other users here,
with the right USB OUTPUT -- 1A - 1000ma

if you are nervous about using your pc,
buy a - POWERED USB HUB.....
this plugs into the power socket.