The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Questioning My 808 Choice

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by ghost62, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Adam the Aussie

Adam the Aussie Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2011
    Australia
    I use both 808/901 and 510 gear. In my opinion the 510 connection sucks dogs balls, it's such a pain in the .... to use compared to my 808 stuff. Things like trying to stand cartos up and adjusting the centre post are so much easier on 808 and all my 808 cartos hold more juice than their 510 equivalent. I blame the Ego that we're stuck with 510, I can't think of one reason, other than product availability, that the 510 is better than 808. So basically I use 808 gear 90% of the time and 510 10% of the time. I have 2 Sneaky Pete 808 box mods, Echo fat batts, clears, cartos and tank cartos all with 808 threading.

2. awsum140

awsum140 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Thank for the info. I have a Volt, 808 I think, so I bookmarked this just in case....

3. AkiraMercedes

AkiraMercedes Full Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I started out with a smaller battery... (Apollo starter kit) then the 808 mini (VS) kit.

Now I am happy as can be with my 1000mah ego-t. The battery lasts me all day (or longer) and I dont have to refilll cartomizers and deal with the burnt fiber taste. I use the tank system for pure vaping taste. I do not think I will be switching kits again (at least not for a while.) :D

It took me 3 different kits to find the best fit for me. The ego-t gives me a lot of vapour and tastes amazing.

Cheers and Good Luck!:)

4. IronHorse

IronHorse Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2012
    Oregon
    Unless I'm reading this wrong sounds like what you're looking for is an IGO...It's an 808 900 mAh PV...long battery life...808 threaded...all the good stuff...I saw on another thread that Tom has them for $34.99 for the whole kit...I saw the same thing at Nhaler for over 50..:blink:. IGO Electronic Cigarette Kit - Complete - from VFast

5. the_vape_nerd

the_vape_nerd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 20, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    A lot of us have been there. Think of your 808 equipment as a one time introductory quitting smoking fee. Once you get some 510, fat battery stuff, you aren't going to be using the 808 stuff much. You won't need to because you won't be recharging much. Once you figure out a delivery system that holds a lot of juice, you won't want to go back to constant topping off either. Imagine leaving your house every morning with two fat batts, with two cartos or tanks or visions of whatever attached. And then not thinking about refilling or recharging ALL DAY LONG!

Keep the 808 stuff around though. It does have some use. Loaning to a friend for example to let them try it out. Also good for fishing trips, mowing the yard or places you might go and feel you could lose a PV. I take my 808s canoeing b/c if they fall out or get wet, I don't care so much.

Good luck. Pull that trigger on some 510 stuff with a fat batt, you'll thank yourself later.

6. Adam the Aussie

Adam the Aussie Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2011
    Australia
    The best place I've found for 808 gear is Smoktek. They have everything you could ever need for 808 vaping at great prices. Cartos and tank cartos of all descriptions, Echo gear, 808 egos, adapters, extensions, the list goes on. Puck yourself up some Gorilla Juice while you're there, it's a super juice.

7. ghost62

ghost62 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2012
    Marion, Ohio
    Thanks for all the great input, guys! Been watching the smoketek site in case i stay with my 808 gear for a while. My last purchase was a 1300ma battery from Lakeshore Vapors as a gift for a friend but ended up keeping it. That thing lasts forever! Still leaning toward switching to the 510s though.

8. IndyJones

IndyJones Super Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Clearwater, FL
    I agree. The 808 is a more practical design. Also. I stand my cartos in boiling water to clean them and can flip them over to perc the water through in either direction

9. IndyJones

IndyJones Super Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Clearwater, FL
    So far I'm satisfied with the 808 but I must admit the Ego Twist looks like a good and cheap VV transition PV. I think that would mean i would need a new charger in addition to an adapter so i may be into it for 40 bucks including shipping .

10. Cloud Wizard

Cloud Wizard Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a pair of the PigCig 1300mAh fatt batts that I originally bought for all my 808 gear. I've since moved on to exclusively 510 stuff, but am still using those PigCigs with a 808/510 adapter.

P.S. They are great for dripping with an IKV 901@1.8ohm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.