Quick question about e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartyMan1

Dec 28, 2018
Haven't vaped in a long time, going to get back into it. I have a kroma-a + zenith starter kit coming. What do you think is the best e-liquid to use with it? Can I use this nic salt liquid I've been hearing about? Or do I use non-salt e-liquid?
I think I use to vape anywhere between 12mg-18mg range back then of regular e-liquid, that may have been a bit much though, would probably do more like 6mg-8mg now.. With salt liquid is the ratios different? What does 6mg-8mg nic of regular juice translate to with salt liquid?

Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
As others have said there is no difference between salt nic and freebase in the same concentration. It's rather the devices you use it with and the speed with which it gets into the blood stream. Salt nic has been shown to get to a high level in the blood much faster than freebase.

So....it has been used recently (salt nic) in pretty high concentrations in low wattage mouth to lung devices so that it still gives a very good nicotine satisfying hit. The key thing here is the low wattage/MTL usage. For example Juul's can be found with salt nic upto 50 mg/ml...because it is a low wattage device there is both low vapour production and inefficient vaporisation of the nicotine content. If this concentration of nicotine whether it be salts or freebase was used in a high wattage direct to lung device it would probably make you feel pretty ill :D

I hope this makes sense.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
@Letitia I often see you saying this. Do you know what acid your nic salts are made from? I'm interested in this quicker absorption issue and certainly the graphs on the juul patent show a massively increased absorption rate.

I'm still waiting for a delivery of benzoic acid (its taken nearly a month!!) from Poland and then i'm going to experiment to see what all this fuss is about.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia I often see you saying this. Do you know what acid your nic salts are made from? I'm interested in this quicker absorption issue and certainly the graphs on the juul patent show a massively increased absorption rate.

I'm still waiting for a delivery of benzoic acid (its taken nearly a month!!) from Poland and then i'm going to experiment to see what all this fuss is about.
No I don't, I buy from 2 different vendors and get the same result. Most vendors keep their salts recipe secret.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
No I don't, I buy from 2 different vendors and get the same result. Most vendors keep their salts recipe secret.
Yes...i'm guessing that it's the shear strength of mix that causing these experiences eg 50mg/ml juuls vapes....but still diesn't explain the graph :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes...i'm guessing that it's the shear strength of mix that causing these experiences eg 50mg/ml juuls vapes....but still diesn't explain the graph :)
That graph is older and if you read the fine print it is unproven and only an estimation. No actual research supports the numbers.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
That graph is older and if you read the fine print it is unproven and only an estimation. No actual research supports the numbers.
I'm going to try and sort the hit thing out when i get to make my own. i accept that it may be old but we're still seeing people talk about the kick from salts.

If it's all in the mind i'll find out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread