Random DIY mixing and More

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Please let me know if the nectarine tastes like an outright peach. I do enjoy an occasional nectarine.
Doesn’t smell peachy. Tastes not peachy, little whang to it. We’ll see how it settles out in a juice.
Discovered I ordered blood orange in both freaking orders :facepalm:.I better either like it, or learn to like it. Cause I have PLENTY now

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have used different lemonades/strawberry lemonades for a long time now. I also like raspberry a lot. I also have been making a menthol tobacco for a long time but that doesn't have much to do with sour/tart except that I use lemon in it.
Raspberry and blood orange pair well, they seem to brighten up each other.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Doesn’t smell peachy. Tastes not peachy, little whang to it. We’ll see how it settles out in a juice.
Discovered I ordered blood orange in both freaking orders :facepalm:.I better either like it, or learn to like it. Cause I have PLENTY now
If you have FW I'll buy it from you if you don't care for it Mel.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Don't feel alone in that. I have been known to do the same. On more than one occasion. ...sigh...

lol

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yeah I thought I loved FA royal orange until I used 2.5% in a mix that needed a long steep. 5 weeks later all I could taste was the peel from the royal orange. I had already ordered 4oz of it. Now I only occasionally use it at .5-1%. Been piffing it out 15ml at a time. Anybody who wants some you know my number.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
What are your favorite flavors? The ones you mix the most with? Trying for some ideas...........
So far, I've only mixed fruits for my sister (not for me).

For me, I've tended to mix one flavoring mixes. Tiramisu (I've already gone through 3 120ml bottles of Tiramisu flavoring), Tobacco Blend, DK Tobacco, Root Beer Float, 555, and more recently Lucky Shot and Lotta Latte.

I have been working on a Peppermint recipe. But, it's not quite right yet.

As you can see, actually mixing flavors, not just dumping in one flavor is still pretty new to me.

I used to be in love with Caramel Macchiato and bought a Caramel Macchiato flavoring from Health Cabin. But, by then I had gotten sick of that flavor and just hadn't realized it yet. It's SOOOO sweet now that my tastebuds are working a little better. If anyone wants the 60ml bottle of Caramel Macchiato flavoring I got from Health Cabin, just let me know. I'll gladly send it to you. It's the flavor that got me off cigarettes and my favorite for about 9 months.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I still have lots of pre-made juices I haven't used yet. That's where I've tried the fruits.

Sampling pre-made tells me that I'm not crazy about berries, but do like other fruits It also tells me that most recipes are going to be too strongly flavored for me. Also that there's something good in every category and something yucky in every category.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Way too sweet for me,also
Fran, I have a flavor that is right up your alley. VT blood orange champagne. Its more fizzy than pink champagne but the blood orange part of it needs tweaking. I think it would be good with some gin or vodka

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Fran, I have a flavor that is right up your alley. VT blood orange champagne. Its more fizzy than pink champagne but the blood orange part of it needs tweaking. I think it would be good with some gin or vodka
I haven’t decided what to do with that one yet. Meg is wanting a shirley temple juice, thought I would use the boc in one of the testers. I can't even remember what a shirley temple tastes like, haven't had one since I was about 5.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I haven’t decided what to do with that one yet. Meg is wanting a shirley temple juice, thought I would use the boc in one of the testers. I can't even remember what a shirley temple tastes like, haven't had one since I was about 5.
Me either. I wish they would have just made the fizzy champagne part and left out the blood orange

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Me either. I wish they would have just made the fizzy champagne part and left out the blood orange
I don’t care for either part. I just put a couple drops in some vg and puffed a drip. Impulse order, the blood orange hook got me. I don't like champagne at all.:facepalm:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have that:) Haven't done anything with it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread