Random DIY mixing and More

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Multiquote not working but catching up:

Condensed Milk (although I'm not surprised you hate it, @FranC ) is one of those flavors that only works at like 0.5 or 1% of a mix and with no other SWEET flavors, IMHO. I hated the flavor "Joy" (tastes like cloves to me like a teaspoon of CLOVE on my tongue) and folks were saying it works, if at all, at 0/.5% and only in some recipes. I now believe them, still have my "Joy" (I think it's a Nic River proprietary flavor) tester and maybe I'll try again some time this decade. When I mixed Condensed milk with my "all teas" recipe it gave it the FAINTEST note of sweet underneath all the savory. It was good.

I've got a few liters of Heartland as well as nic salts, but I plan to try it when the liter I am using of nic salts is consumed. I've seen few complaints if any and honestly, price can't be beat. So, I'm not too worried and ready to try a "regular" nic for a change. I just decided "Get it over with buy all my nic, so I went with heartland. If I hate it, I can just convert it to nic salts but have feeling it may be fine.

As far as Bilberry, I LOVE that flavor. I find it goes well with many, many things. Fruits for the most part (IMHO) only need a few days to a week of steeping.

Anna

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I've been mixing long enough to have a good idea what works for me and what doesn't. Sometimes a flavor looks so good to me that I have to try it. Once in awhile I get lucky with that. My tastes have changed somewhat. I can do more with fruit than ever worked for me before. The kick I've been on to try new mixes has payed off somewhat. Have a few new boozy recipes I like. FW Whiskey on my wishlist. I like the VT but gotta look for better. My next endeavor will be teas.
Look at the eisai tea (FLV). A soft, herby green tea with fruity undertones from what I found on reviews. I’ve got some in my cart

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Multiquote not working but catching up:

Condensed Milk (although I'm not surprised you hate it, @FranC ) is one of those flavors that only works at like 0.5 or 1% of a mix and with no other SWEET flavors, IMHO. I hated the flavor "Joy" (tastes like cloves to me like a teaspoon of CLOVE on my tongue) and folks were saying it works, if at all, at 0/.5% and only in some recipes. I now believe them, still have my "Joy" (I think it's a Nic River proprietary flavor) tester and maybe I'll try again some time this decade. When I mixed Condensed milk with my "all teas" recipe it gave it the FAINTEST note of sweet underneath all the savory. It was good.

I've got a few liters of Heartland as well as nic salts, but I plan to try it when the liter I am using of Nic Salts is consumed. I've seen few complaints if any and honestly, price can't be beat. So, I'm not too worried and ready to try a "regular" nic for a change. I just decided "Get it over with buy all my nic, so I went with heartland. If I hate it, I can just convert it to nic salts but have feeling it may be fine.

As far as Bilberry, I LOVE that flavor. I find it goes well with many, many things. Fruits for the most part (IMHO) only need a few days to a week of steeping.

Anna
    I would love to see your all teas recipe,Anna:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Look at the eisai tea (FLV). A soft, herby green tea with fruity undertones from what I found on reviews. I’ve got some in my cart
    I've already looked at that a half dozen times. Next up on my wishlist.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Teas are my next venture, since I liked Turners Tea. Compiling recipes to test
    The new FLV teas seem to be well received by those that have tried them. Might get into them down the road but right now haven't done more than read some notes about teas in general.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Please post any good sounding ones. I need them too:)
    I found a lot on alltheflavors. I passed on ones you probably would consider as I don’t do dairy flavors. Just did it last night, so I need to weed out the ones I think won’t work. Need to print them out for sorting

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I found a lot on alltheflavors. I passed on ones you probably would consider as I don’t do dairy flavors. Just did it last night, so I need to weed out the ones I think won’t work. Need to print them out for sorting
    Thank you:) I'm actually not for or against the dairy part yet.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Okay, I have been single flavor testing champagne and fizzy flavors plus testing my two new mixes. I am dizzy and my taste buds are shot. All for the good of research. :D Flavor notes on Champagne and Fizzy Flavors.

FLAVOUR ART
    • Wine Champagne

I tested this at 5%. This has a really light crisp fruitiness to it. VERY light! There is some sweetness there. Freshly mixed, I don't get wine or fizz. After a week, I do get light fizz but, for me, it is a bit flat with no wine flavor. No top notes at all. Very little flavor. Simply a very light, crisp fruitiness with a very, very light perception of carbonation. It does have texture so would contribute to a thicker mouthfeel. At 2% in a mix, it will give a mild perception of effervescence with no added flavors.
      After a bit of a steep, FA Wine Champagne does mimic tonic water. 1.5% in a Gin & Tonic mix will be your tonic.
    FLAVOR WEST
    • Pink Champagne

I tested this at 6% and steeped it for a week. It is the sweetest of the champagnes – close to the sweetness in FA Wine Champagne and lacks the sour note of the TFA Champagne. I pick up a light berry note – it tastes like raspberry to me. Some say grape, but I taste raspberry. Of the three, this gives the strongest perception of carbonation. At 2% in a mix, the perception of effervescence comes through. IMO, FW Pink Champagne is the winner if fizzy if the profile you are going for. Oh, and there is texture for thicker mouthfeel.
    REAL FLAVORS
    • Soda Base SC

Tested at 2.5% and steeped for a week. The first thing I taste is candy-like sweetness – lots of sweetness. I do get a nice perception of effervescence with this, so that is a plus. The champagnes all seem to dilute grapefruit flavors so this might be the best choice for adding the perception of effervescence to a grapefruit mix. At 2% in a soda or fruit mix, this should give a nice pop of fizzy. A definite texture in this one so would add a thicker mouthfeel to a mix.
    TFA
    • Champagne

I tested this at 6% and let it steep for a week. It is a little bit sweet and a touch sour. Flat champagne flavor. No fizz at all. There isn't much flavor at all. No wine, no fizzy champagne sparkle. The only thing I pick up is a very weak sweet/sour white grape. I can't see this adding anything at all to a mix beyond some texture. If you do mix with this, I see it in fruit mixes at a high percentage to get any perception of effervescence and other flavors will probably overpower the slight sourness of this flavor. This would be my last choice for adding fizz to a mix.

VAPE TRAIN
    • Blood Orange Champagne

Tested at 4% and steeped for a week. The first thing I taste is artificial orange flavor. The blood orange is candy-like and sweet. There is no tart citrus you would get from the actual fruit. The perception of effervescence is right up there with FW Pink Champagne. They got the champagne fizzy sparkle down. Why ruin that fizzy sparkle with that artificial blood orange though? For me, the sweet orange weighs down the fizzy sparkle but it does come through at 4%. I don't think you will be able to mix around the sweet orange so I see this in a Mimosa or other cocktail. It doesn't have the thicker mouthfeel of the other fizzie flavors so this won't give you much texture or mouthfeel. It is boozier than the other champagnes tested but getting around that sweet orange will be a real challenge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread