Random DIY mixing and More

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Hey fellow mixers... I've really been having fun on this thread, and learning fast, but even though I act like I know what I'm talking about, my experience is very limited. I have, however, spent many hours (days) doing research (using four different sources) Just thought I should "come clean" ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thank you so much for saying that. I did a mango and was very disappointed (it was TFA so just figured it was another looser) but didn't let it steep. I need to be more patient.
My research shows that FLV Mango is the best (but too expensive)
The few FLV flavors I have are very strong. Don’t need much to make an impact. From that standpoint it’s probably the same cost as others. Problem is do you want to risk the extra cash outlay for something you might not like.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Ours is at 68* year round. Himself likes it icy in the house. Nice in the winter, but it’ll take your breath away walking in on a hot day :lol:.

Has anyone used bilberry?? I’m *sure* I bought it for some recipe... ELR pegs it as a darker, tartish blueberry? One said works well with black cherry, pomegranate and black currant. Hmmm, maybe a reason to try out that and the bc and black currant all at once. Would love thoughts/ideas :)

I’ve been told by several people to add bilberry to fw blueberry to make it pop.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Mine showed complete last week so I emailed Jac and Bryn gave me my tracking number. He said that they were packing so many units that they were getting behind on sending out shipping confirmations.

So JAC doesn't have an automated system where the tracking # gets uploaded to the order as soon as the shipping label is printed. hmmm. Smaller company than I thought.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I mix Bilberry with blueberry all the time. I think blueberry is too weak in taste without it.
    Maybe I’m confusing bilberry, boysenberry and huckleberry lol. Now that you mention that, it sounds awfully familiar :blush:. Easy to confuse flavors I’ve never had IRL.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It like a lot of pur flavors does some weird things with a steep. I get a little floral note off the shake but it steeps out in a couple of days, after about a week it gets even thicker like a jam. I try to let pur steep a week and that sounds odd for fruits but some are just weird about how they transform. Mango is the craziest as it doesnt even taste like mango for a week and then bam, perfect mango
    What percentage for the mango? I couldn't find a sweet spot with that one.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Thought you all might be interested in this:
    "Boysenberry is a glossy, large, juicy fruit, which has slight relation to North American blackberry. Boysenberries are considered to be a cross section between blackberry, raspberry, and loganberry. On the other hand, Blackberries are considered genuine berries, which are smaller and sweeter than boysenberries"

"In fact, outside the U.S. the bilberry is sometimes referred to as a blueberry. True blueberries, however, are native to the United States, whereas bilberries are native to Northern Europe and certain parts of North America and Asia. Both berries possess health-promoting antioxidant compounds, vitamins and minerals."

Raspberry is also similar to blackberry. Here's on more:

"Black Cherries. Slightly heart-shaped dark red sweet cherries are primarily grown on the West Coast. The "black" designation refers to the mahogany color of their flesh, only a few varieties have particularly dark skin. There are many varieties, the most well known of which is Bing."

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Making a list of the flavors you all are mentioning for my next purchase. Now I want lemon and raspberry. This never ends does it? I have so many flavors and I’ve never cracked them open yet. I need to take inventory. :matrix:

I’m frugal so we keep our heat on 64 or 65. And 74 or 75 in summer. I adjust it when we leave the house to save energy. And to save :2c:.

I organized my taxes and will input them tomorrow. Glad the hard part is done. :thumbs:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    BTW, I'm back in the city now (after 12 years in the mountains... I miss it except for the snow) Even though we had propane central heater, couldn't afford it (just ran it in the mornings) for 3 years only used the wood stove for heat... got excited if we could even get over 60 F. I'm getting older (could not have lasted one more winter at 5000 ft.) and even down here in the city, it never got over 40 F today. When I first moved up to the mountains, could run around barefoot in the snow... those days are gone! One winter we actually got 10 ft of snow in one week! We called it "snowmaggedon" (it was not funny... survival all the way... many of us had mental breakdowns)
    BTW, I understand those of you "down under" are cooking in the heat (and god bless those dealing with the fires is OZ land)

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    What percentage for the mango? I couldn't find a sweet spot with that one.
    I would say 7-8% for single flavor in a tank. Its really a sort of generic tropical fruit of some kind for quite a while and then it changes into a juicy mango. If you can just let it steep a couple of weeks and try it. I know its weird considering its a fruit but I promise it takes time to develope

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    So JAC doesn't have an automated system where the tracking # gets uploaded to the order as soon as the shipping label is printed. hmmm. Smaller company than I thought.

I think they normally do but we’re trying to rush out the preorders for customers. They were running behind of schedule. When I ordered, they weren’t even made yet.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I would say 7-8% for single flavor in a tank. Its really a sort of generic tropical fruit of some kind for quite a while and then it changes into a juicy mango. If you can just let it steep a couple of weeks and try it. I know its weird considering its a fruit but I promise it takes time to develope
    Which Mango is this you're speaking about?

Users who are viewing this thread