Random DIY mixing and More

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Waiting for regular ol packages is just as painful as waiting for ecig paraphernalia and supplies. Damn you UPS for getting my hope up with an estimated delivery of today and then pulling the rug out and saying tomorrow instead. Usually they're spot on every time in my experience.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
FW has a lot of weak flavors IMO. Also IMO TFA flavors are not weak overall unless you're comparing them to INW LOL. Regardless TFA has a lot of good flavors.

When I started mixing there was a giant TFA thread here. Haven't seen it for a while. Pretty much any TFA flavor you were interested in you could search that thread and find opinions and suggestions. That made it easy to get up and running so I used all TFA for a long time. Been branching out a little lately but I still mainly use TFA. Plus a few OSDIY and Chefs Flavors one shots that @JCinFLA turned me on to.

I had a bit of excitement. On Sunday a kid got in a fight with his girlfriend in the local CVS, stole a car and tried to run from the cops and ended up in my neighborhood. There’s only one way in or out, a bridge over the canal, any other way you go you hit the river, so he was trapped. He kept driving around at high speed for a while. Almost hit a kid on a bicycle who had to ride into a yard to escape and crashed into a bush. He went past my house which is on a bend and ran off the road. Knocked down several mailboxes and hit a utility pole. The top of the pole broke off and took down the power lines. He flattened several street signs and some fences on the next block. In the end he went into someone's yard and hit a tree. He staggered off on foot but didn't get far.

My mailbox was lying in the road undamaged but the post was destroyed. So yesterday I picked up some wood from Lowes and dug a hole and replaced it.

There was a live cable lying across the top of my neighbor's gravel driveway and it was producing a shower of sparks ten feet high for a while. Afterwards the end of the driveway was covered in this green glassy stuff where the sand had been fused by the heat.

IMG_0446.JPG

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Waiting for regular ol packages is just as painful as waiting for ecig paraphernalia and supplies. Damn you UPS for getting my hope up with an estimated delivery of today and then pulling the rug out and saying tomorrow instead. Usually they're spot on every time in my experience.
    I don't have any current hope of delivery.:(

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When I started mixing there was a giant TFA thread here. Haven't seen it for a while. Pretty much any TFA flavor you were interested in you could search that thread and find opinions and suggestions. That made it easy to get up and running so I used all TFA for a long time. Been branching out a little lately but I still mainly use TFA. Plus a few OSDIY and Chefs Flavors one shots that @JCinFLA turned me on to.

I had a bit of excitement. On Sunday a kid got in a fight with his girlfriend in the local CVS, stole a car and tried to run from the cops and ended up in my neighborhood. There’s only one way in or out, a bridge over the canal, any other way you go you hit the river, so he was trapped. He kept driving around at high speed for a while. Almost hit a kid on a bicycle who had to ride into a yard to escape and crashed into a bush. He went past my house which is on a bend and ran off the road. Knocked down several mailboxes and hit a utility pole. The top of the pole broke off and took down the power lines. He flattened several street signs and some fences on the next block. In the end he went into someone's yard and hit a tree. He staggered off on foot but didn't get far.

My mailbox was lying in the road undamaged but the post was destroyed. So yesterday I picked up some wood from Lowes and dug a hole and replaced it.

There was a live cable lying across the top of my neighbor's gravel driveway and it was producing a shower of sparks ten feet high for a while. Afterwards the end of the driveway was covered in this green glassy stuff where the sand had been fused by the heat.

View attachment 878729
    That's more excitement than we have here.:lol: I still use a lot of TFA also but have favs across several brands.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Dang, you would think this TP hoarding shenanigans would have blown over by now..
    Wal-Mart showed it in stock when I ordered but I guess it wasn't cause it's been delayed ever since. I'm not canceling in hopes I'll get it someday.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    FW has a lot of weak flavors IMO. Also IMO TFA flavors are not weak overall unless you're comparing them to INW LOL. Regardless TFA has a lot of good flavors.
    Yet FW Raspberry is very strong.

Good Morning!

I have a question. When a recipe calls for sweetener, what do all of you use? I know marshmallow is a sweetener but anything else is just escaping me at the moment.
    I always use TFA Sweetener. Don't use much as I don't like juice that's overly sweet (but not as sensitive as Fran :))

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I need to have a bigger mixing session so I can get some good stuff remixed. The only way to do that right is to get all my cases out. Today isn't anywhere near warm but it is bright and sunny and I don't feel like mixing more right now. Maybe I'll change my mind or just do it on tomorrow's cloudy day.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Yet FW Raspberry is very strong.

I always use TFA Sweetener. Don't use much as I don't like juice that's overly sweet (but not as sensitive as Fran :))
    That’s what I use too. 1 drop for every 10-30 ml depending on the recipes I do use it in. I’m aiming for enough to round out the flavors without making it markedly sweeter.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That’s what I use too. 1 drop for every 10-30 ml depending on the recipes I do use it in. I’m aiming for enough to round out the flavors without making it markedly sweeter.
    The mixes are done, Mel. Keep your fingers crossed.:lol:

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    That's how I use it too Mel. Don't use it often and when I do I use little of it. Just enough to take the corners off some of these sharper flavors.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA

View attachment 878729
    I rate this post :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread